Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the Best 3 Point Shooter in the 14th?
What do you guys think?

Just from what I've seen I know that:
(this is in no particular order and are just some of the kids that i've seen)
Stuart Stamper-KCC
Josh Whitaker-Hazard
Clint Stepp-JBS
Logan Bartrum-KCC

Thats all I really know..So who else do you guys think?
Profitt-LCC.
MVP2 Wrote:Profitt-LCC.

He definitely comes to mind as a three point shooter. Hard to argue when you look at the fact that going into the Cordia game he was 42 of 105 from behind the 3 point line.:eek: :eek:
Clint Steppe has the ugliest shot ever, but it goes in a lot more often than not. He has to be considered the best scorer in the region, but I would not say the best 3 point shooter.
Meant to say Clark, my bad.
Tate Cox IMO is the best 3 pt shooter in the 14th region.
Tate Cox
Clint Stepp
Zach Hurt
Andy Blank
These are a few off the top of my head.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Meant to say Clark, my bad.
Nobody had mentioned Clark's name until you came on here and bashed it. Reasoning?
pickandroll Wrote:Nobody had mentioned Clark's name until you came on here and bashed it. Reasoning?

I didn't bash it. His shot doesn't look good, that doesn't mean it doesn't go in almost everytime. And it doesn't mean that you won't see that same awkward looking shot lighting up the nets at the college level someday. Just stating a fact, not bashing a player.
THis is not something you have to argue about. If you go on the KHSAA website the answer is real easy.........The winner is Josh Profitt from Letcher Central ....He is shooting around 50% and was in the top 5 or so in the state in 3s per game. Case closed......
uk96 Wrote:THis is not something you have to argue about. If you go on the KHSAA website the answer is real easy.........The winner is Josh Profitt from Letcher Central ....He is shooting around 50% and was in the top 5 or so in the state in 3s per game. Case closed......

uhm. i think you need to double check that. the leader is clint stepp. don't believe me, go and look for yourself:
http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/regulars...atsbit.htm
KCCHS2010 Wrote:uhm. i think you need to double check that. the leader is clint stepp. don't believe me, go and look for yourself:

Stepp has hit a few more but Proffit's percentage is higher (Proffit 50% Stepp 40%)
clint probably takes more three point shots than anyone else, but I don't think he hits a higher percentage.
Clint Stepp.
It depends on what you are considering the best three point shooter. Clint is probably the best three point shooter I have seen in the mountains in along time but he sometimes is not very selective in his shots. Proffitt is more selective and hence shoots a higher percentage. Profitt shoots mostly from right at the 3 point line and has a hard time getting his shot off. Clint has no range and easily gets his shot off but needs to be more selective.
KCCHS2010 Wrote:uhm. i think you need to double check that. the leader is clint stepp. don't believe me, go and look for yourself:

I am not arguing that Clint is not a great three point shooter but he is not as selective in his shots. Profitt shoots a higher percentage. Lets say Profitt shoots a better percentage and Clint is more dangerous because he can shoot from the center line on in..
Clint Stepp by far.
uk96 Wrote:I am not arguing that Clint is not a great three point shooter but he is not as selective in his shots. Profitt shoots a higher percentage. Lets say Profitt shoots a better percentage and Clint is more dangerous because he can shoot from the center line on in..

i totally agree with this.
good point.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Clint Steppe has the ugliest shot ever, but it goes in a lot more often than not. He has to be considered the best scorer in the region, but I would not say the best 3 point shooter.

It sure looked good last saturdaynight against letcher central. :Clap:
Tate Cox
Cox Or Stepp
Clint Stepp takes more three point shots than anyone, but to me anyone can shoot it, the important thing is making it & he doesn't the majority of the time. He is a great kid, but how many teams are going to let him keep shooting every time he touches the ball, missing the majority of the shots? How fair is this to the other players?
Stepp is overrated and people knows hhis name because of his brother. Cox is a much better shooter and player.
RavenBoy Wrote:Stepp is overrated and people knows hhis name because of his brother. Cox is a much better shooter and player.

agree
RavenBoy Wrote:Stepp is overrated and people knows hhis name because of his brother. Cox is a much better shooter and player.

Get of the Stepp's back.
Tate Cox...Takes smarter shots as well