Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Shelby Valley - Jan. 25 (All "A" Classic)
Panthers by 8. Adams needs to dominate this game and keep getting him the ball because he is a pretty darn good free throw shooter.
I'll pick Valley by 10. Even without the home court advantage from last friday's game, Valley should be able to continue its dominance over Pikeville.
Valley by 10...should be a good game but Valley is just to good on the defensive side of the ball....
I love Pikeville homers. Valley wins first game by 15 and then you get a guy who picks Pikeville to win by 8 points. Jeesh.

I'll go with Valley by 10+, look for the Wildcats to run more this game, they found out last game that Pikeville couldn't run with them when Pikeville tried to hurry the game up and turned the ball over. I see Valley working on Adams a lot like they did last game, Hatfield will shoot outside the paint to pull Adams out and get the lanes opened up.

Pikeville played good last time, but it takes a great game to beat Valley, who is on a 5 game win streak against the Panthers. Good luck Wildcats!
I think that it will be a good game, but IMO Pikeville will make a few mistakes that will cost them in this one... I'll take Valley by 12.

Good luck to both.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I love Pikeville homers. Valley wins first game by 15 and then you get a guy who picks Pikeville to win by 8 points. Jeesh.

I'll go with Valley by 10+, look for the Wildcats to run more this game, they found out last game that Pikeville couldn't run with them when Pikeville tried to hurry the game up and turned the ball over. I see Valley working on Adams a lot like they did last game, Hatfield will shoot outside the paint to pull Adams out and get the lanes opened up.

Pikeville played good last time, but it takes a great game to beat Valley, who is on a 5 game win streak against the Panthers. Good luck Wildcats!
Well I guess I should stay home. Tell me how much Valley wins by.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Well I guess I should stay home. Tell me how much Valley wins by.

You knew what I meant, why be a smart ellic? Keep it on topic, this doesn't need closed this fast.
Lets keep it civil guys.
PC_You_Know Wrote:You knew what I meant, why be a smart ellic? Keep it on topic, this doesn't need closed this fast.
By your post I'm a homer who only Picks Pikeville to win. Last game I picked Valley. Pretty homerish wasn't it? I simply think if Adams can get the ball down low consistenly and dominate the indside then they can come out with a win. Lord forbid I have an opinion. This is this game that was last game.
The Panthers will make this one much closer than the last one. Gona go with SV though.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I love Pikeville homers. Valley wins first game by 15 and then you get a guy who picks Pikeville to win by 8 points. Jeesh.

Why cant you root for your on team, or have faith in them lol? Im pretty sure if Pikeville won the last game by 10 you would say, " Vally played bad, they will win this one by 8 or so." There is nothing wrong with having faith in your team.

by the way black cat student you didnt need to delete what PC_You_Know first put i didnt think was bad enough to delet lol.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I'll pick Valley by 10. Even without the home court advantage from last friday's game, Valley should be able to continue its dominance over Pikeville.
And from the 2001-2002 season all the way up to the 2005-2006 season Shelby Valley won 11 straight. Then Pikeville pulled the upset in the 59th district finals. It could happen again this year with the upset. Valley needs to come ready to play.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Shelby Valley by 10-15 in this one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BlueStripes Wrote:Why cant you root for your on team, or have faith in them lol? Im pretty sure if Pikeville won the last game by 10 you would say, " Vally played bad, they will win this one by 8 or so." There is nothing wrong with having faith in your team.

by the way black cat student you didnt need to delete what PC_You_Know first put i didnt think was bad enough to delet lol.

A little too late huh?:p
Valley by 12+
Does anyone know the start time of the game? Thanks!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Does anyone know the start time of the game? Thanks!
6:30
I think this one will be a close game but Valley will just be to tough in the end ill take them by 10.
Panther Thunder Wrote:6:30

Thanks! I appreicate it!
Valley by 20
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If Valley plays the way they played against Betsy Layne before they let up, then Pikeville has no chance. I think Valley is out of their slump and ready to play some good basketball.
SV should win this game by 10-15 points...Pikeville has some good players but seem to be inconsistent.....
Valley by 20
I don't think Valley had played really well since the New York trip until the Betsy Layne Game, last night. They have played good enough to win, but to really turn it on and blow a team out, it seemed they were having trouble.

I believe Pikeville's team is better than Betsy Layne, but possibly, Valley is finally ready to play, since the prize of going to a state tournament is in view.

But, I look for Pikeville to come out strong as always, but I think in the second half, Valley's pressure will be too much for them.
Both coaches are quality men. Good luck to both teams I look for the panthers to come out more under control and less emotional. GO pikeville...
Valley by 15
I agree with most and think SV will win by 10 or so, but I do think the more these teams play the more it benefits Pikeville. They will probably have to meet two more times this year after this one. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pikeville win one of those games if not this one. JMO
im going with valley..good luck!
Shelby Valley 68
Pikeville 55

I want to think that eventually Pikeville will win one of these games but then when you watch them play SV is clearly the better team.
I'm going to go with SV.

SV: 64
P_VILLE: 49