Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes at Pikeville
Enough about the past, what about next year is mac on his way to that double A Dung pile or is he staying at home in Pikeville
panthermania Wrote:Forgive my ignorance...even though this was before my time, but who is chapmans son?

His son was a allstate RB who signed with UK on a full scholarship. He had his senior season cut short with a injury I think in like the 4th game of the year. He was a great football player.
I see....
Well only time will tell if mac will leave
PHSFAN Wrote:
panthermania Wrote:Forgive my ignorance...even though this was before my time, but who is chapmans son?

His son was a allstate RB who signed with UK on a full scholarship. He had his senior season cut short with a injury I think in like the 4th game of the year. He was a great football player.
We have short memories, huh?
His son did nothing while at Pikeville...18yds rushing debut v. Breathitt Co.
Son didn't last long at UK either did he, one semester. And he went as a DB, not RB.
Dad did abuse a student, physically and verbally. Dad was a great x's and o's coach with the personality of a rock. He would never have lasted at Pikeville, he needed a PR man.
Finally, why has such a great coach never been a head coach since that time?
If Mac is not the coach will pikeville's football team go down the drain?
No, No, No...........The coach plays a big part i agree but Pikevilles skill will still be great......Nonetheless without Mac.....they will bbe not as good yet Nothing even close to being considered down the drain
Is Pikeville going down the drain??? It doesn't matter because anyone could coach Pikeville to a regional championship with the schedule they play...So here's my question doesn't a coach want to challenged...Coach Mac is a great guy with lots of character, wouldn't he want to build a program amoungst the best in state. Pikeville will never be best in single A....Beechwood amoungst others are far beyond were Pikeville is at now and will be..I think building a program that competes against Belfry and Prestonburg would be more challenging than beating Phelps year in and year out...PCC even though there is a lot of douters is moving in the right direction. I believe someone is working to fix the feeder program, which is the largest in Pike County, much improved administration, the school is becoming more sport oriented...the groundwork is being laid out, and trust me the kids are there at the school to compete, so why wouldn't Mac want to go where his hands were not tied? and no he is not getting twice the money more like Pike COunty is matching the pay he gets at Pikeville.
Money is power at Pikeville
If you go there you would know
Its horrible that the school revolves around money
I hate it
Well put Dirty30.........But i believe he is staying
Doesn't eveything revolve around money???
If Mac were to leave, it would have a major effect on the players at Pikeville, espically the seniors.... Sad
Yes it would.......BUT ONCE AGAIN IT"S NOT HAPPENING
Write it down...Jan 29th, 415pm...Said here first, call it a scoop for BGR,There will be a new head FB coach at Pikeville next year.
An announcement will come in the next 10 days that Mac is leaving for greener pastures.
The new coaching position will be advertised and all applicants will be considered. Some big name coaches have already expressed an interest in the job.
I can't help but say the above statement is true.
Beef Wrote:Doesn't eveything revolve around money???

For the most part yes, but especially Pikeville High School. THey have plenty of money and they should be willing to dish out MAC the money he deserves. Taking care of a family isnt easy, so if Mac does leave i understand why but i would still hate to see him go. But the point I'm trying to get to Beef is that Pikeville only worries about money when tehy have plenty of it. Money is all Keno and the School thinks about, and liek i said i hate it!

Posted Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:54 pm:

spxdad Wrote:Write it down...Jan 29th, 415pm...Said here first, call it a scoop for BGR,There will be a new head FB coach at Pikeville next year.
An announcement will come in the next 10 days that Mac is leaving for greener pastures.
The new coaching position will be advertised and all applicants will be considered. Some big name coaches have already expressed an interest in the job.

What makes you so sure about this. DO you knwo for a 100% fact it will happen?
Ladies and gentlemen, I believe we will see a new head coach at Pikeville.

Posted 29 Jan 2005 05:56 pm:

I dont think he would've said it so confidently, had he not known for sure.
Posted Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:54 pm:

spxdad Wrote:Write it down...Jan 29th, 415pm...Said here first, call it a scoop for BGR,There will be a new head FB coach at Pikeville next year.

dirty30 Wrote:What makes you so sure about this. DO you knwo for a 100% fact it will happen?
Everything except exact timing of the announcement.
I still Can't believe it...I don't really think I want to believe it...but all my sources (like I really have any...lol) Say he is staying.......
spxdad can i ask you how you know for a fact that this is true?
panthereuphoria Wrote:spxdad can i ask you how you know for a fact that this is true?
I am not going to answer questions to suport my statement but will say I am responsible enough to say I have verified this with "very good" sources deep within the program ...Just remember me and where you heard it first when you hear the announcement.[/b]
I hear that it is a done deal as far as Mac leaving and the head coaching position will be decided between Chad Salyer, Ben Howard, and a certain well respected Class AAA, Region 4, District 7 head coach.
Ben Howard is already at SV isn't he???....also....PM me if you know who this "certain well-respected " individual is....
Ben Howard hasn't confirmed he's going to SV yet. Why? Because he's waiting for a chance at Pikeville.
who is the AAA coach
There is no need to know anything else at this point, other than the fact that it will be announced soon that McNamee will leave.
I think that if McNamee has a brain in his head he wont leave pikeville. I think he is a great coach and he will be a pikeville for a while. He just won Regional Title for crying out loud

Posted Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:38 pm:

I think that if McNamee has a brain in his head he wont leave pikeville. I think he is a great coach and he will be a pikeville for a while. He just won Regional Title for crying out loud
From what I've heard it's no longer completely McNamee's decision whether he stays.

Posted 31 Jan 2005 01:59 pm:

I've heard they have been pressuring him and making him feel bad about his coaching styles and only having 2 regional championships.
potsey Wrote:who is the AAA coach
\\

Dudley Hitlon from Bell County. I dont think he will come to Pikeville though.
ComfortEagle Wrote:From what I've heard it's no longer completely McNamee's decision whether he stays.

Posted 31 Jan 2005 01:59 pm:

I've heard they have been pressuring him and making him feel bad about his coaching styles and only having 2 regional championships.
I hate the dang administration...they really are messing up a lot of "crap" at the School....Pressuring Mac out...a coach that has gained FULL respect from his players and staff.....