Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 67 Pikeville 52
Redneck Wrote:Yeah, that's the reason he didn't play good lastnight Rolleyes .

So him having to tell two girls basketball players they were fat *****es shows that the blue crew didn't get into his head? Another member already stated he wanted to break one of Valley's players nose. Valley's fans were in his head last night, he flipped off the blue crew, he was not focused.
Tim really helped keep the Panthers close in the first half...sure he didnt do as well in the second but i wouldn't give the credit to SV's fan section... All the things they said to him were things that Tim has had to listen to his whole life... I've noticed that people enjoy "ragging" on him (and his brother Ted)...and in my honest opinion I think its from jealousy!

Leave the boys alone...they are great athletes...and i don't think that they should be threatened everywhere they go for that!
Dazed&Confused Wrote:Tim really helped keep the Panthers close in the first half...sure he didnt do as well in the second but i wouldn't give the credit to SV's fan section... All the things they said to him were things that Tim has had to listen to his whole life... I've noticed that people enjoy "ragging" on him (and his brother Ted)...and in my honest opinion I think its from jealousy!

Leave the boys alone...they are great athletes...and i don't think that they should be threatened everywhere they go for that!

To be honest, I'm not jealous of anything the two of them have.
Rock On WILDCATS!:letsfight
And Rock On BLUE CREW!!!!!!Smile
Dazed&Confused Wrote:Tim really helped keep the Panthers close in the first half...sure he didnt do as well in the second but i wouldn't give the credit to SV's fan section... All the things they said to him were things that Tim has had to listen to his whole life... I've noticed that people enjoy "ragging" on him (and his brother Ted)...and in my honest opinion I think its from jealousy!

I think that in the Valley/Pikeville game at Pikeville, people will see a more aggressive Tim along with the rest of the team. Also, it wasnt just the Blue Crew that was doing the talking, but a parent of a player was making the same comments. At least in the game at Pikeville, the Blue Crew will be in the upper arena like Pikevilles was at Valley.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I think that in the Valley/Pikeville game at Pikeville, people will see a more aggressive Tim along with the rest of the team. Also, it wasnt just the Blue Crew that was doing the talking, but a parent of a player was making the same comments. At least in the game at Pikeville, the Blue Crew will be in the upper arena like Pikevilles was at Valley.

Just because they're up top doesn't mean they'll shut up like Pikeville's fans did.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I think that in the Valley/Pikeville game at Pikeville, people will see a more aggressive Tim along with the rest of the team. Also, it wasnt just the Blue Crew that was doing the talking, but a parent of a player was making the same comments. At least in the game at Pikeville, the Blue Crew will be in the upper arena like Pikevilles was at Valley.

The Blue Crew probably expects that, after the way Pikeville showed their hind-end at the district tourny last year and made them move 3 times last year. Maybe us parents,and the Valley faithful just might give up their seats like we did last year and give them to the Blue Crew.:thumpsup:
EOE Wrote:The Blue Crew probably expects that, after the way Pikeville showed their hind-end at the district tourny last year and made them move 3 times last year. Maybe us parents,and the Valley faithful just might give up their seats like we did last year and give them to the Blue Crew.:thumpsup:

That was the coolest thing I had seen all season was the parents to move up top and let the Blue Crew go crazy downstairs.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Just because they're up top doesn't mean they'll shut up like Pikeville's fans did.
The CEO theme had a meaning. :1:You can have your win.
Panther Thunder Wrote:The CEO theme had a meaning. :1:You can have your win.

What, that you're from Pikeville, parents are plastic, seats are bought for all your ball games and have names on the seats. Yeah we know you all talk different, stick your nose in the air and stick your pinky out when you drink your coffee.

Other than that, what meaning did it have?

Meaning what?:confused:

Don't start that garbage. Everybody get the thread on the topic of the game now, or it's closed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well Panther, you can pm me what that meaning was, cause I'd love to know.
alfus21 Wrote:Don't start that garbage. Everybody get the thread on the topic of the game now, or it's closed.
Sorry. Valley is clearly the superior team to Pikeville. But the panthers can still pull of an upset and only 1 of those games will truly matter.
PM me too.
KC 1973 Wrote:Good win Sv. This game came out like what I felt it would. Pikeville's Big man, Adams, not a factor, SV defense pressure causing Pikeville to shoot outside from the 3-point line , 1-14, looks like TO's evened out, and 15th Region Refs being consistently bad on both sides. Looking forward to see if it comes out a SV & Paintsville Matchup in next week's All "A".

I Would just like to know Why Shelby Valley and some other schools that are Double A are playing in the All A. It was started for the smaller schools, but I guess people down state wanted more money and opened it up to everyone. It is a shame that this happened.....Sad
Highlander Wrote:I Would just like to know Why Shelby Valley and some other schools that are Double A are playing in the All A. It was started for the smaller schools, but I guess people down state wanted more money and opened it up to everyone. It is a shame that this happened.....Sad

Double A in football has nothing to do with the Class A tournament in basketball. That has been explained on here several times. I know this has nothing to do with Pikeville vs Valley, but since it's being discussed, I thought it was hilarious after the girls' won the All A title that one of Phelps' fans screamed, "that's alright girls, you're playing a 2A school anyway!"
PC_You_Know Wrote:So him having to tell two girls basketball players they were fat *****es shows that the blue crew didn't get into his head? Another member already stated he wanted to break one of Valley's players nose. Valley's fans were in his head last night, he flipped off the blue crew, he was not focused.

Personally I would be givin all the credit to Valley's quick hands on the defensive end. To be honest I don't think you need to be postin crap like this on this site. I'm sure if he wanted to break somebody's nose he would have and probably got away with it. Like you said earlier, he played physical and never got called for it meanin he is good at doin when the refs got their heads turned and eyes somewhere else. You talk about how great the "Blue Crew" is when in reality it's prolly the worst one in the last 7-8 years. I would be suprised if they could get into anybody's head.
Redneck Wrote:Personally I would be givin all the credit to Valley's quick hands on the defensive end. To be honest I don't think you need to be postin crap like this on this site. I'm sure if he wanted to break somebody's nose he would have and probably got away with it. Like you said earlier, he played physical and never got called for it meanin he is good at doin when the refs got their heads turned and eyes somewhere else. You talk about how great the "Blue Crew" is when in reality it's prolly the worst one in the last 7-8 years. I would be suprised if they could get into anybody's head.

You think the Blue Crew is bad, we had at least 5 rows of people last night all standing and yelling. I didn't put that crap on here, Basketballonlyfan did on the prediction thread, so take it up with him.
Congrats Valley!
PC_You_Know Wrote:You think the Blue Crew is bad, we had at least 5 rows of people last night all standing and yelling. I didn't put that crap on here, Basketballonlyfan did on the prediction thread, so take it up with him.

This is the crap I was talkin bout. And yes you did say he wanted to break somebody's nose. It don't matter if somebody else already said it, you brought it back up and agreed with him.

PC_You_Know Wrote:So him having to tell two girls basketball players they were fat *****es shows that the blue crew didn't get into his head? Another member already stated he wanted to break one of Valley's players nose. Valley's fans were in his head last night, he flipped off the blue crew, he was not focused.
Redneck Wrote:This is the crap I was talkin bout. And yes you did say he wanted to break somebody's nose. It don't matter if somebody else already said it, you brought it back up and agreed with him.

Just simply stating ways the young man needs to grow up and focus more on the game, great players don't let the crowd effect them.

What's your deal, you're more upset with me for telling how he acted then you are with the way he presented himself to a wide selection of fans.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Just simply stating ways the young man needs to grow up and focus more on the game, great players don't let the crowd effect them.

What's your deal, you're more upset with me for telling how he acted then you are with the way he presented himself to a wide selection of fans.

What's your deal? What's the point in postin that stuff on a public forum. You obviously have somethin against this kid, it's like you want people to think he is bad kid. Funny you're the only one that has brought any of this stuff up. I was at the game, all I seen him to was wave his arms up and down when the "Blue Crew" was chantin at him.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Double A in football has nothing to do with the Class A tournament in basketball. That has been explained on here several times. I know this has nothing to do with Pikeville vs Valley, but since it's being discussed, I thought it was hilarious after the girls' won the All A title that one of Phelps' fans screamed, "that's alright girls, you're playing a 2A school anyway!"
I was just stating that the All A was started just for All A Schools, since they are small and usually do not get to enjoy going to the Big State Tourney, because they do not have the studnets to pull their team from. This was the ORINIGAL reason for the All A, somewhere it got caught up in just bringing in more money...IT SHOULD BE JUST ALL A SCHOOLS IF IT IS GOING TO BE CALLED ALL A.....................
IMO this is about to be closed.
Close it. You can't even judge someone's actions in a game without getting jumped on by people who are Pikeville homers.
Highlander Wrote:I was just stating that the All A was started just for All A Schools, since they are small and usually do not get to enjoy going to the Big State Tourney, because they do not have the studnets to pull their team from. This was the ORINIGAL reason for the All A, somewhere it got caught up in just bringing in more money...IT SHOULD BE JUST ALL A SCHOOLS IF IT IS GOING TO BE CALLED ALL A.....................

I understand that the "All A" is not a KHSAA sponsored/sanctioned tournament. I don't have a problem with Shelby Valley or whoever else playing in it. But, can anyone tell me what the magic number is to meet the enrollment requirement.? I have looked on the "All A" website but have never seen the criteria to be an "All A" school.
PC_You_Know Wrote:This is what you are going to hear from others schools when your school is turning into a dynasty like SV is. Imagine what the Patriots have to go through.

No that was my observation and if you don't want people to say those things about your school then maybe the refs should refrain from those actions.
Valley isn't gonna pay the refs to call the game for the other team. And it's always likely that the refs talk to the home court teams coach more than the away team considering it's the home teams gym and they are actually human and like to start conversation.