Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 67 Pikeville 52
I dont think the refs were a factor in this game. I do think they made a few calls that was in Valleys favor. I am sure Valley fans seen a few calls that was in Pikevilles favor. I do know it is easier to see things from sitting in the stands than it is on the court trying to look around players who are constantly moving. I think close to the end of the 3rd quarter and the 4th quarter was the difference. Pikeville seemed to not be able to make a shot. Some could say it was Valleys defense, I think it was just missed shots. But again, I dont think the refs was a factor in the outcome. I also think it was a closer game than what the score showed up until the 4th. Good hard game played by both teams for the biggest part.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
1977 Wrote:Pikeville-not sure of the score but I think it was close.

Cool, thanks.
IMO, Clevinger's aggressiveness is what kept Pikeville in the game. He played a very nice game. Pikeville had absolutely no answer for Jacob Bryant on the post.
fairplayer Wrote:I just feel that when the refs are alllllll the way on the sidelines hobnobing and whispering with Valley's coach during freethrows and talking with Ashley and Jonah after the game, seems a little too cozy for me with the calls made. We also have the refs to thank for the biased calling at the Expo center during the Male SV game and anybody who saw that game and didn't see the blatant calls in Valleys favor is a fool. Male saw it enough to say they would never return to Pikeville to play in a tournament. So yeah, that's the kind of officiating I'm talking about. I've had people tell me, that had no vested interest in that game than to just watch the games that day at the Expo center, that the game made them embarrassed to be from Pike County.

This is what you are going to hear from others schools when your school is turning into a dynasty like SV is. Imagine what the Patriots have to go through.
Pikeville's JV won by less than 5 points.
Given the fact that this game was at Valley gave them a [U]minimum.....very minimum advantage of 10 points.[/U] No one can argue that. I agree with the above poster----this game was much closer than the score indicates. Not making excuses, just stating a fact, Valley's ability to sub and rest players through out the game made the difference in the end. Good game by both teams. Congrats SV.
PC_You_Know Wrote:This is what you are going to hear from others schools when your school is turning into a dynasty like SV is. Imagine what the Patriots have to go through.
I think Valley better enjoy it for the next two years. After that, I think they are going to have a rough way to go on the hardwood.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I think Valley better enjoy it for the next two years. After that, I think they are going to have a rough way to go on the hardwood.

See I did say turning into, not that we are.
PC_You_Know Wrote:This is what you are going to hear from others schools when your school is turning into a dynasty like SV is. Imagine what the Patriots have to go through.

LOL! DYNASTY? LOL!
1977 Wrote:LOL! DYNASTY? LOL!

Problem? Been to Rupp 2 out of last 3 years. Heart of the team are Sophomores. So yes, DYNASTY.
Congrats Shelby Valley! Looks like its gonna be an exciting ALL A!
I didn't see the game but sounds like it was a good one. Congratulations to both teams on a great effort. I just wish people on the losing side of any game would stop blaming the Refs. I've never been to a game in my life where the Refs caused a team to lose by 15 points. I know in some really close games they can be a deciding factor but not in a 15 point game. Lets see how this game plays out in a couple of weeks when they play at Pikeville.
The King Wrote:IMO, Clevinger's aggressiveness is what kept Pikeville in the game. He played a very nice game. Pikeville had absolutely no answer for Jacob Bryant on the post.

agree 100%
Valley has no problem with going to Pikeville for the next game. They won their twice last year.
adopted purple Wrote:I didn't see the game but sounds like it was a good one. Congratulations to both teams on a great effort. I just wish people on the losing side of any game would stop blaming the Refs. I've never been to a game in my life where the Refs caused a team to lose by 15 points. I know in some really close games they can be a deciding factor but not in a 15 point game. Lets see how this game plays out in a couple of weeks when they play at Pikeville.

I am on the losing side, and I am not blaming the refs. I blame it on a bad half the 3rd, and most of the 4th quarter by Pikeville.
KC 1973 Wrote:Good win Sv. This game came out like what I felt it would. Pikeville's Big man, Adams, not a factor, SV defense pressure causing Pikeville to shoot outside from the 3-point line , 1-14, looks like TO's evened out, and 15th Region Refs being consistently bad on both sides. Looking forward to see if it comes out a SV & Paintsville Matchup in next week's All "A".
Woah there buddy!! Remember Shelby Valley still has to get past this Pikeville team again. And I think Valley Fans will admit it wasn't exactly easy this time. The biggest shot of the game was from Tyler Newsome that stretched the lead from 6 to 9 at the end of the third. But from this game I think that Pikeville learned that YES, they can play with Valley. And Valley learned YES, they are still the team to beat. But Valley did have homecourt advantage, and things will be more evened out on a neutral court (if both Pikeville and Valley win the first round games). But for now roun 1 of a possible 5 goes to the men in blue. Congrats Valley and Keep Fighting Panthers.
And I also think that the "x" Factor for Pikeville is the play of Jordan Bell and Tyler Baker. When these two are on the Panthers will be tough to beat. They really didn't have any production last night and we see the results. Just look back to region last year and you will see what Bell did for them and Look to earlier this week to see what Baker does for them. Their play will usually determine the outcome.
5 in a row for the Wildcats against the Panthers.
Redneck Wrote:This was the first time I got to see either team play. I must have caught Valley on a bad night cause I wasn't impressed overall.

No, last night wasn't a bad night for Valley. It was actually quite a bit better than they had played the previous three games. Elisha and Logan didn't have particularly good games, and they didn't force alot of turnovers, but overall it wasn't a bad night for Valley.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Pikeville's JV won by less than 5 points.

Pikeville's JV won by 4 was up by 20 at halftime then blew their lead....Pikeville's Zach Ramey did not play.
play_maker Wrote:Pikeville's JV won by 4 was up by 20 at halftime then blew their lead....Pikeville's Zach Ramey did not play.

Do Clark, Burchett, and Keene play on the JV?
The King Wrote:Do Clark, Burchett, and Keene play on the JV?
Clark doesn't and Burchett does when he is needed. Keene does.
The King Wrote:Do Clark, Burchett, and Keene play on the JV?

Burchett does sometimes and keene does....Normly Burchett dont but Zach Ramey was out for the Valley game with a injury so Burchett had to play.
The King Wrote:No, last night wasn't a bad night for Valley. It was actually quite a bit better than they had played the previous three games. Elisha and Logan didn't have particularly good games, and they didn't force alot of turnovers, but overall it wasn't a bad night for Valley.
I think Valley played well the whole game and Pikeville played well but not their best the second half. But Elisha is a steal machine!!
Good win WILDCATS! Both teams played good in spurts. I don't see Valley sweeping Pikeville this year, like they did last year. Pikeville is hungry for a win (against Valley)and I think they will get one in '08. But if Valley will continue to build on this win, with all team members contributing, the sky's the limit for these young gentlemen.
Congrats Valley....they just keep on proving why they are the team to beat in the 15th this year.
The King Wrote:No, last night wasn't a bad night for Valley. It was actually quite a bit better than they had played the previous three games. Elisha and Logan didn't have particularly good games, and they didn't force alot of turnovers, but overall it wasn't a bad night for Valley.

It might have been better then their previous few games. They looked alot better in the region tourney last year then what they did lastnight.
it looked like Tim Honaker was a non-factor in the second half of the game. Really hard to tell on the wprg replay but he is a really good player and he seemed to have his mind elsewhere. When he plays as he is capable Valley may not be happy with the outcome.
SpyDa Wrote:it looked like Tim Honaker was a non-factor in the second half of the game. Really hard to tell on the wprg replay but he is a really good player and he seemed to have his mind elsewhere. When he plays as he is capable Valley may not be happy with the outcome.

Valley's Blue Crew ragged Tim all night long, he kept looking over at them throughout the game, they got into his head. He played way too physical last night and wasn't called for it.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Valley's Blue Crew ragged Tim all night long, he kept looking over at them throughout the game, they got into his head. He played way too physical last night and wasn't called for it.

Yeah, that's the reason he didn't play good lastnight Rolleyes .