Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region All "A" Tournament
No offense to anyone that has anything to do with Betsy Layne, but this has got to be the last possible place you would want the All "A" Classic to be held. Parking is horrible, and the seating capacity is very low.

If Shelby Valley and Paintsville meet up then good luck with all I mentioned above, because you will find it miserable while your there.

Again no offense to anyone from Betsy Layne.
The same things were said about the capacity and parking at Paintsville last year and there will be things said when it is held at Phelps or Shelby Valley about the distance to travel. But, that's what ya get when they rotate schools. Which I am all for. Every school should get their chance to host and this is the way I feel about the Regional also. That's just my opinion though. I know you couldn't host the Regional at these schools. But, every District has a school that could host the Region.
uhavenoidea Wrote:what do u mean?...is it sumthin they do every yr.?

The last couple of years a nike basketball has been used in the All A tournaments instead of the standard KHSAA Rawlings basketballs that are used in all the rest of the games. The ball has a little different feel to it.
blackcat_student Wrote:No offense to anyone that has anything to do with Betsy Layne, but this has got to be the last possible place you would want the All "A" Classic to be held. Parking is horrible, and the seating capacity is very low.

If Shelby Valley and Paintsville meet up then good luck with all I mentioned above, because you will find it miserable while your there.

Again no offense to anyone from Betsy Layne.

I agree, I"m sure BL will do everything they can to ensure the tournament goes well, but IMO this is not a good place to host the All A. Neither was Paintsville last year. I liked it better when the tournament was rotating between Pikeville and AC. Just my opinion!
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I agree, I"m sure BL will do everything they can to ensure the tournament goes well, but IMO this is not a good place to host the All A. Neither was Paintsville last year. I liked it better when the tournament was rotating between Pikeville and AC. Just my opinion!
There are other schools that I think should have been hosting it besides those two. When Shelby Valley is in it, they have good parking and lots of seating. Just the same as South Floyd, I am willing to bet that at Betsy Layne, parking will be like it was at Paintsville. The spaces closest to the gym will be for Betsy Laynes VIP and player parking while everyone else will be beside the 4 lane. Including team buses. After all it would help Betsy Laynes chances if all the other teams had to walk a mile and a half to get there.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Paintsville will win the all a 15th region tournament
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:There are other schools that I think should have been hosting it besides those two. When Shelby Valley is in it, they have good parking and lots of seating. Just the same as South Floyd, I am willing to bet that at Betsy Layne, parking will be like it was at Paintsville. The spaces closest to the gym will be for Betsy Laynes VIP and player parking while everyone else will be beside the 4 lane. Including team buses. After all it would help Betsy Laynes chances if all the other teams had to walk a mile and a half to get there.

I honestly don't see how anyone can complain about the parking at Paintsville. Just because it isn't all together. Cause you have to walk just as far if not further at AC, Pikeville or SV. If you really look at it. At least at Paintsville you're not parked in some muddy pasture or have to dodge speeding cars on a four lane to just get to the gym. You may have to walk a block, but still closer than what I have had to park at the other schools. Heck even at the Expo. Heaven forbid anyone should have to exercise alittle.
OffTheHook Wrote:The same things were said about the capacity and parking at Paintsville last year and there will be things said when it is held at Phelps or Shelby Valley about the distance to travel. But, that's what ya get when they rotate schools. Which I am all for. Every school should get their chance to host and this is the way I feel about the Regional also. That's just my opinion though. I know you couldn't host the Regional at these schools. But, every District has a school that could host the Region.
I dont agree with the every school hosting the event. This isnt a KHSAA tourney, it is a sponsored tourney and they should be the ones who says where it is going to be played at. Parking and gym capacity should be thought of when it is being scheduled. I just hope that it doesnt turn into the Eric C. Conn Dome like big games that are usually played there. Unless if Eric wants to foot the bill for it all that is.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
It should be held at the expo.....
OffTheHook Wrote:I honestly don't see how anyone can complain about the parking at Paintsville. Just because it isn't all together. Cause you have to walk just as far if not further at AC, Pikeville or SV. If you really look at it. At least at Paintsville you're not parked in some muddy pasture or have to dodge speeding cars on a four lane to just get to the gym. You may have to walk a block, but still closer than what I have had to park at the other schools. Heck even at the Expo. Heaven forbid anyone should have to exercise alittle.

Lol, good post and true.
I could see SV hosting the tournament, but IMO Paintsville, BL, SF, & Phelps should not be a host school.
South Floyd didn't want it. The All A started for the small school and has become bigger over the years. The most common thing voted on is that the tournament be held on a floor that was near the four lane to benefit the traveling teams. I also believe that money being sent back to the teams became a fixture and opened up more than Allen Central and Pikeville being the host. I enjoyed playing in the tournament at Pikeville and Allen Central the last couple of years and it was not a bad experience last year at Paintsville. Betsy Layne will be a great place for the games and it certainly will be exciting for both teams and fans because of the size of the gym. I always thought the team bus arrived in front of the gym and let the players out so that should not be a problem for anyone.