Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(RUMOR) Nehemiah Doderer Transferring to Prestonsburg
Paintsville running back Nehemiah Doderer transfers to Prestonsburg... You talk about a loaded backfield for next season.

Example: Allen Craynon over 2,000 yards rushing, Seth Setser over 1,000 yards rushing, and Doderer with 615 yards rushing.

We've got to run the wishbone next season.
Well hopefully he can stay "injury free" & play out his days there.
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Well hopefully he can stay "injury free" & play out his days there.
What type of injuries did he suffer?
I guess he felt he was getting too good an education at one of the best academic schools in the state. Smile
Transfer means he sets out a year? Or, did his family "move" to Prestonsburg?
jetpilot Wrote:I guess he felt he was getting too good an education at one of the best academic schools in the state. Smile
Or maybe he felt he would better his chances of getting a college scholarship by transfering to P-Burg.
jetpilot Wrote:I guess he felt he was getting too good an education at one of the best academic schools in the state. Smile
Prestonsburg was third in ACT scores behind Paintsville and Pikeville, out of the region. So I don't think academics have any type of play in this.

I don't think that he is enrolled just yet, he and his father and brother visited the school today, and I was told by some of the players that he wants to play here. I don't think academics had anything to do with his transfer, I believe it was just for football.
Dang. P-burg is gonna be loaded. Best of luck!
blackcat_student Wrote:Paintsville running back Nehemiah Doderer transfers to Prestonsburg... You talk about a loaded backfield for next season.

Example: Allen Craynon over 2,000 yards rushing, Seth Setser over 1,000 yards rushing, and Doderer with 615 yards rushing.

We've got to run the wishbone next season.
So.......the Blackcats are going to be loaded in the backfield next year, huh?
Well that is good but it won't be with Nehemiah.
There is no possible way to get him eligible....at least til second round of playoffs.
Nehemiah is a great kid and has very good speed and I wish him the best.
I know his dad applied for the head coaching position at Paintsville, so how upset with the program could he be.....would this be sour grapes?
I don't see Derosett changin his offense just for Doderer. Like Guru said, he'll never get eligible unless his family moves and I can almost garauntee they won't move from their log home in Oil Springs.
Who does that leave at Paintsville? They seem to be coming down to the level of other teams in the district or the other teams in the district are beginning to play more at their level.
Redneck Wrote:I don't see Derosett changin his offense just for Doderer. Like Guru said, he'll never get eligible unless his family moves and I can almost garauntee they won't move from their log home in Oil Springs.

From my interpretation of the transfer rules , you have to move before enrolling. Not enrolling and then moving. Perhaps someone else has a clearer interpretation. So in theory is it all in vain at this point?
If you don't even have a change of address then have fun watching from the stands next season!
Doderer did not enroll at Prestonsburg, it is my understanding that if and when he does, that it will be in April. I'm sure that his family is well aware of the transfer rules and will do everything by the book to make sure he can be eligible for next fall.
gish Wrote:Doderer did not enroll at Prestonsburg, it is my understanding that if and when he does, that it will be in April. I'm sure that his family is well aware of the transfer rules and will do everything by the book to make sure he can be eligible for next fall.

You're right, BUT his family worked EXTREMELY hard for a long time to build that log home. I just don't see them sellin it to move to Pburg so Nehemiah can play ball up there.
gish Wrote:Doderer did not enroll at Prestonsburg, it is my understanding that if and when he does, that it will be in April. I'm sure that his family is well aware of the transfer rules and will do everything by the book to make sure he can be eligible for next fall.

Doderer will indeed enroll into Prestonsburg high school in April, after his parents find a home in the Prestonsburg area. And should be eligible for the '08 football season.
OK Let's see here. If he does transfer...that would be 4 schools in 6 years. hmmm
Central Elm to Magoffin to Paintsville to P-Burg. Doesn't sound like Education is the main concern here.
blackcat_student Wrote:We've got to run the wishbone next season.

If Derosett couldnt find room for an athlete like Chat Yates in 2003 then I find it hard to believe he will utilize a much less talented Doderer.
The Guru Wrote:So.......the Blackcats are going to be loaded in the backfield next year, huh?
Well that is good but it won't be with Nehemiah.
There is no possible way to get him eligible....at least til second round of playoffs.
Nehemiah is a great kid and has very good speed and I wish him the best.
I know his dad applied for the head coaching position at Paintsville, so how upset with the program could he be.....would this be sour grapes?
I wonder if his father getting a teaching position would help get him eligible in any sort.
Kayaker Wrote:If Derosett couldnt find room for an athlete like Chat Yates in 2003 then I find it hard to believe he will utilize a much less talented Doderer.

It wasn't as if Chat didn't get the opportunity, he just wasn't as good as advertised IMO.
gish Wrote:It wasn't as if Chat didn't get the opportunity, he just wasn't as good as advertised IMO.

I agree.

Kayaker Wrote:If Derosett couldnt find room for an athlete like Chat Yates in 2003 then I find it hard to believe he will utilize a much less talented Doderer.

Chat Yates had speed and that was it. He was weak and couldn't do much of anything. Joe Blackburn was a junior and was much better than Yates. Belfry fans could tell you that.
Derosset will do everything in his power to get Doderer in a blackcat uniform. He will have a deadly run attack with Craynon, Setser, and Doderer. Even if he doesn't line them all up in the backfield at the same time he will find ways to use their talent on the field at the same time. P-burg is going to be tough next year.
I dont see him getting to be eligble. His parents wont move from there house tht took so long to build. But if he does best of luck in next year
JMO, but if Hans pulls up roots and moves his entire family to the Burg just so Nehemiah can play football there, then that should mean that Arianna would be going there as well and that is the real prize for the Blackcats. Pburg will be just as good with or without Nehemiah. But their track team will get a State Class sprinter!
I've known Hans and his entire family for 3 decades and only hope he is doing what he thinks is best for his entire family as it will affect them all, and not just doing it for spite.
Good luck to all involved and I hope the best.
Redneck Wrote:You're right, BUT his family worked EXTREMELY hard for a long time to build that log home. I just don't see them sellin it to move to Pburg so Nehemiah can play ball up there.

In past situations, parents have simply rented a house, apartment or trailer to establish residency in another district.

A student can enroll without moving as long as the district has a reciprocal agreement with the other district. If not then the student may be asked to pay tution.

To become eligible for athletics a change of address must occur. Both schools must sign off on the transfer application form and KHSAA will make a ruling. This sometime occurs with or without an in-depth investigation.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:In past situations, parents have simply rented a house, apartment or trailer to establish residency in another district.

A student can enroll without moving as long as the district has a reciprocal agreement with the other district. If not then the student may be asked to pay tution.

To become eligible for athletics a change of address must occur. Both schools must sign off on the transfer application form and KHSAA will make a ruling. This sometime occurs with or without an in-depth investigation.

I'm guessing some rental properties will be involved. At the very least, an apt. I think the decision is two fold: 1- Paintsville has NOTHING coming back next year and is down regardless of the kinner hire, next yr won't be pretty. It would be hard to get looked at. Any talent would seem great at a weak school. 2- Sour grapes.
TRUEBALLAHOLLA Wrote:Derosset will do everything in his power to get Doderer in a blackcat uniform.
He will have a deadly run attack with Craynon, Setser, and Doderer. Even if he doesn't line them all up in the backfield at the same time he will find ways to use their talent on the field at the same time. P-burg is going to be tough next year.

This should not have been said on a public forum considering the kid is not a student @ P-burg high school and this is a huge NO-NO with the KHSAA.
#1TigerFan Wrote:I'm guessing some rental properties will be involved. At the very least, an apt. I think the decision is two fold: 1- Paintsville has NOTHING coming back next year and is down regardless of the kinner hire, next yr won't be pretty. It would be hard to get looked at. Any talent would seem great at a weak school. 2- Sour grapes.

I have watched the class of '09 and '10 follow in the footsteps of '07 and '08 for the past 10 years. And you want to know something. "09 &'10 has never, ever disappointed! Never! Even though they never got any respect even from so called fans! Never! But can anyone out there say where this bunch from '09 and'10 have disappointed? These two classes might not have had as much talent or athletes that some fill the classes of '07 and '08 have just oooooozed with. '09 and '10 have got the job done with HEART, PRIDE and DESIRE!!! It sure as **** hasn't been from support other than their parrents! And IMO!!!! THAT GOES A HECK OF A LOT FARTHER!!!
IF NEHEMIAH GOES!!! THEN GOOD RIDENCE!!! WHAT TEAM NEEDS THAT!
Let me say this.......If it works out that Nehemiah can't get eligible and stays at Paintsville, If I were Kinner, I'd dare Nehemiahs dad to even think about getting near the field.