Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region All "A" Tournament
Dont count Pikeville out they may surprise u.
The Guru Wrote:Well I am not going then!!!! And I am not letting my son go either!!!

LOL Nice! I don't think i will be going now.
I think I wrote it late last night and forgot to spellcheck. lol:lmao:
M12 Wrote:valley just went down to 1A this year but i don't know how
I dont know how either. What doesnt make since is they played 2A in football this year.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:I dont know how either. What doesnt make since is they played 2A in football this year.

It's been said 1,000 times, classes are different for football and basketball, quit complaining guys, what are you all just worried SV is gonna win the All A and you all don't want them in it?
PC_You_Know Wrote:It's been said 1,000 times, classes are different for football and basketball, quit complaining guys, what are you all just worried SV is gonna win the All A and you all don't want them in it?

They aren't complaining. They are just confused. Cause SV was 2A and weren't in the All A last year and they played 2A in football this year. It is crazy how they changes these schools classes year in and year out.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:6:30 Phelps vs. Pikeville
8:15 Shelby Valley vs. Betsy Layne

6:30 Allen Central vs. Paintsville
8:15 South Floyd vs. Piarist

Paintsville got the sweet draw in the brackets we received.

I agree, Paintsville has a pretty easy path to the finals, while Shelby Valley and Pikeville will have to butt heads just to get there.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I agree, Paintsville has a pretty easy path to the finals, while Shelby Valley and Pikeville will have to butt heads just to get there.

Should be very interesting to see how it turns out.
gonna be a great tourny but i think valley will take it down against paintsville in the championship by 5-10
PC_You_Know Wrote:It's been said 1,000 times, classes are different for football and basketball, quit complaining guys, what are you all just worried SV is gonna win the All A and you all don't want them in it?
Im not complaining i could care less who wins the all A i just dont understand how it works the way it does.
ummm honestly il have to say that i wanna see sv vs paintsville because honestly the guy with thte thoughts of a shoot out with ac vs sv yea well justthink of the shootout paintsville vs sv the 2 best teams in the region i mean wat a game it could be. but my oppinion on this one is paintsville beats valley by 6.
Where is the 15th Region All "A" Tournament???
It's at Betsy Layne...
Is there always a good crowd for the All A games?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Is there always a good crowd for the All A games?

Yes there's usually quite a few...especially for the semi's and the finals...
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Is there always a good crowd for the All A games?
Make sure to leave early for that long walk to the gym.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
OffTheHook Wrote:They aren't complaining. They are just confused. Cause SV was 2A and weren't in the All A last year and they played 2A in football this year. It is crazy how they changes these schools classes year in and year out.

Again... Football classes and the All A have absolutely NOTHING to do with each other.
The King Wrote:Again... Football classes and the All A have absolutely NOTHING to do with each other.

AGAIN.....I'm not saying that does. I was just using that to show how it confuses people. If you are so bright just let everyone know just how exactly they do determine who is "A" and who isn't each year for this tourney.
OffTheHook Wrote:AGAIN.....I'm not saying that does. I was just using that to show how it confuses people. If you are so bright just let everyone know just how exactly they do determine who is "A" and who isn't each year for this tourney.
Ok, the class system used by the KHSAA is to count every student in grades 9-12. That is all freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Add the classes together and come up with a grand total. For the All A Classic, where it is not governed by the KHSAA, they count the total students from grads 10-12. So the total of all students that are sophomores, juniors, and seniors only. The freshman class is not counted for the All A classic. That can make a school 2A in football but still qualify for the All A in basketball. Is it right or wrong? Who knows. Until someone gets to be the CEO for Touchstone Energy and changes it, that is the way it is.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Shelby Valley will win this with no problem
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Ok, the class system used by the KHSAA is to count every student in grades 9-12. That is all freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Add the classes together and come up with a grand total. For the All A Classic, where it is not governed by the KHSAA, they count the total students from grads 10-12. So the total of all students that are sophomores, juniors, and seniors only. The freshman class is not counted for the All A classic. That can make a school 2A in football but still qualify for the All A in basketball. Is it right or wrong? Who knows. Until someone gets to be the CEO for Touchstone Energy and changes it, that is the way it is.
And this makes abxolutely zero sense! Aren't small schools a whole lot more likely to depend on freshman???
The All-A is about the almighty dollar. not at all a true small school classic.
The Guru Wrote:And this makes abxolutely zero sense! Aren't small schools a whole lot more likely to depend on freshman???
I agree that it doesnt make sense. But it is their tourney, so their rules decide who gets in it or not. Also, with all the consolidation that is going on, I have heard that they are going to up the numbers on what a school is allowed to have. It will keep getting harder and harder for the true little schools to compete.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Make sure to leave early for that long walk to the gym.

Long walk to the gym? Is BL parking for their gym weird or something? It seems like they would have enough spots around it. Funny, all the years I have followed eastern KY sports I have never have been to BL's gym. I drive by it all the time but I have never had to go inside.
The Guru Wrote:And this makes abxolutely zero sense! Aren't small schools a whole lot more likely to depend on freshman???

It's Touchstone Energy's prerogative to use whatever criteria they want to classify schools as "A" or not. If some schools don't like it and think a certain school shouldn't be allowed to compete, they can exercise their own prerogative to just stay home.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Long walk to the gym? Is BL parking for their gym weird or something? It seems like they would have enough spots around it. Funny, all the years I have followed eastern KY sports I have never have been to BL's gym. I drive by it all the time but I have never had to go inside.
There is very limited parking to the right of the school as you are looking at it. Even less limited parking in front of the school. Expect cars to be parked up and down the 4 lane. Hopefully they will have a shuttle bus or something for the foot traffic. I think there are more parking closer to the gym at Paintsville if that tells you anything.
Wheres the All "A" Classic Tournament held at this year?
*VoLlEy_ChIcK* Wrote:Wheres the All "A" Classic Tournament held at this year?

It is being held at Betsy Layne..
M12 Wrote:paintsville and shelby valley will play in the championship
paintsville will win in a close game
I agree a 100%
Does anyone know if they are using the nike basketballs this year?
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Does anyone know if they are using the nike basketballs this year?

what do u mean?...is it sumthin they do every yr.?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:There is very limited parking to the right of the school as you are looking at it. Even less limited parking in front of the school. Expect cars to be parked up and down the 4 lane. Hopefully they will have a shuttle bus or something for the foot traffic. I think there are more parking closer to the gym at Paintsville if that tells you anything.

Dang..... Never knew that. That sounds quite annoying.