Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluegrassrivals.com Boys Basketball Top 5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout the season BGR will be doing a top 5 from areas around the state as decided upon the staff. The results will be posted each Sunday evening.

The 3 areas are West/Southern Kentucky (Regions 1-5), Central/Metro Kentucky (Regions 6-12) and Eastern Kentucky (13-16)

Staff casts votes for the top 5 in each area. A first place vote gets 5 points, a second place gets 4, third place gets 3, fourth place gets 2 points, and a fifth place vote gets 1 point. The rankings then go by highest points per area voted upon.

Results and rankings as of 01-07-08 are....

Western/Southern Kentucky
1. University Heights
2. Adair County
3. Metcalfe County
4. Paducah Tilghman
5. Madisonville North Hopkins

Central/Metro Kentucky
1. Mason County
2. Bryan Station
3. Lexington Catholic
4. Jeffersontown
5. Covington Catholic

Eastern Kentucky
1. Shelby Valley
2. Elliot County
3. June Buchanan
4. Corbin
5. Paintsville

*feel free to discuss the rankings in this thread....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Looks good.
I would not put Shelby Valley ahead of any of these teams in the East with the exception of Corbin. Valley has lost Newsome for the year and if no one remembers, Elliott County dispatched of Valley quite easily in the state tournament last year and both teams have almost the same rosters from last year.
The One and Only 13 Wrote:I would not put Shelby Valley ahead of any of these teams in the East with the exception of Corbin. Valley has lost Newsome for the year and if no one remembers, Elliott County dispatched of Valley quite easily in the state tournament last year and both teams have almost the same rosters from last year.

Valley lost no starters from last year when ec beat 'em and have matured 2 a way better ball club who beat both louisville male #7 in state and DeSales who is somewhere in the top 25.....get ur facts rite there one and only..
If were basing some of the rankings of teams (other that Shelby Valley) on stuff that happened last year....Paintsville beat Elliott Co.?????????
Valley has claim to 1st at this point in time.
#2,#3,#4 and #5 probably should all be tied at #2!
Watchful Eye Wrote:If were basing some of the rankings of teams (other that Shelby Valley) on stuff that happened last year....Paintsville beat Elliott Co.?????????
Valley has claim to 1st at this point in time.
#2,#3,#4 and #5 probably should all be tied at #2!

Exactly, you can't base Elliot above Valley because they beat them last year, I would say Male is still a better team than Valley but just had an off night in the classic at the expo, but I will not get into why Valley lost to EC, everyone who was at the game already knows.
Looks Good