Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best 3 pt shooter in the mountains?
There have been a lot of good 3 point performances so far this year in the mountains, but i would like to know who some of you think is the best 3 pt shooter in the mountains?
BballFan25 Wrote:There have been a lot of good 3 point performances so far this year in the mountains, but i would like to know who some of you think is the best 3 pt shooter in the mountains?
i know for sure it isnt me
I'd say landon slone, justice from valley. Joe from JC. thats abt all i kno. oo yeah and Jd vanhoose can shoot the 3 ball pretty good
Some names that come to mind when you mention good 3 pt shooters are L. Slone (Paintsville), E. Justice (SV), J. Hall (P-burg), & A. Crum (AC). If I had to narrow it down I'd say it's between L. Slone & A. Crum as to who is the best. Crum has had several games this year in which he has hit 10 or more 3's in one game. Slone's been an excellant shooter for years now & one of the best players in the mountains. I'm sure there are other good shooters but IMO these 4 have are a notch above the rest Good luck to all of them the rest of the year!
Without a doubt, A. Crum is the best 3 point shooter in the 15th region. Landon Slone and Justice are 3 pt. shooters, but Crum is more consistent. He had 6 or 7 against PC in the first game of the season and then he hit 10 over the weekend.
Here is a list of the best 3point shooters that I have seen this season.

12th Region - Adam Wallen - Somerset

13th Region - Brock Leisge - Cumberland

14th Region - Stuart Stamper - Knott Co. Central

15th Region - Aaron Crum - Allen Central

16th Region - Jon Ferguson - Elliott Co.
I would put Josh Proffitt(LCC) #13 up against anyone! Looks can be decieving from this kid as he is only around 5'5 and doesn't have the prettiest shot! But anyone who has seen this boy shoot knows how pure he is! I would also have to say Clint Stepp (JBS) ranks up there as well from who all I have seen.
When I posted earlier I was only talking about the 15th region.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:When I posted earlier I was only talking about the 15th region.

Please specify this in the title thread from now on. It makes it easier to distinguish between regions/schools/area.

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
The best shooter around here hands down is a boy from Coeburn HS in VA. His name is Andrew Adkins. There is not a player that can shoot with him in the mountains.
Just around eastern kentucky
It is definitely between Landon Slone from Paintsville and Aaron Crum from Allen Central. No one else from the mountains comes close to these two.
Aaron Crum
Them Stepp boys.
Aaron Crum from Allen Central is probably the best 3 pt shooter around here, and I would have to say Elisha Justice from Shelby Valley is a close 2nd.
Richard "Buttermilk" caudill!
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:When I posted earlier I was only talking about the 15th region.

Lol you said the mountains man...how is everyone supposed to know? I would say Justice from SV is the best 3-point shooter in the mountains.
vundy33 Wrote:Lol you said the mountains man...how is everyone supposed to know? I would say Justice from SV is the best 3-point shooter in the mountains.

Elijah Justice is not the best 3pt shooter in the 15th, lil lone the mountains...

I dont know about to many of the shooters in any other regions...But here is mine for the 15th.

57th: Slone-Paintsville(Everybody knows he can shoot)
58th: Crum-AC, Akers-SF, Hall-PBurg (Crum has 2 games with 10 3's in each, probably around 40 for the year)(Akers has a few games with 6 or more 3's, Probably around 40 or so for the year so far)(Hall has a game with 8 3's, probably around 40 for the year also.)
59th: Justice-SV(Probably has around 25-30 3's for the year so far.)
60th: Hunt-Phelps(Broke the Phelps school record with 9 3's in a game)
uhavenoidea Wrote:Elijah Justice is not the best 3pt shooter in the 15th, lil lone the mountains...

I dont know about to many of the shooters in any other regions...But here is mine for the 15th.

58th: Crum-AC and Akers-SF (Crum has 2 games with 10 3's in each, probably around 40 for the year)(Akers has a few games with 6 or more 3's, Probably around 40 or so for the year so far)

Of course Landon Slone can shoot, but he can't hit the 3 all that well. I don't think he is one of the top 3 point shooters in the region.
Tate Cox(JBS), Clint Stepp(JBS), and Zach Hurt(Cordia) are very good shooters as well...
vundy33 Wrote:Of course Landon Slone can shoot, but he can't hit the 3 all that well. I don't think he is one of the top 3 point shooters in the region.

Smile ...and why is elijah justice the best in the moutains?
Because he can knock down the 3...what other reason would I have for having him #1?
vundy33 Wrote:Because he can knock down the 3...what other reason would I have for having him #1?

well just because he can "Knock Down the "3""...dont mean he's the best in the mountains...:thumpsup:..Whats your arguement or info to back your statement up?
I have none...it's just my opinion from what I've seen. What info or sources do you have to back your statement up? I guess we agree to disagree.
vundy33 Wrote:I have none...it's just my opinion from what I've seen. What info or sources do you have to back your statement up? I guess we agree to disagree.

No ive actually watched more teams play than SV...Crum has had 2 games with 10 3's in each(this info can be found all over BGR)...Akers has about 4 games with 6 or more 3's(i know this 4 a fact)...Hall has one game with 8 3's...Hunt broke Phelps' school record with 9 in a game(he has a pretty good total that i found on the khsaa site...

Im willing to bet anything Crum has more 3's in just three of his games than Elijah has all season. Also I know Akers has more 3's in five games than Justice has 4 the year and the same goes for Hall from P-burg.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Elijah Justice is not the best 3pt shooter in the 15th, lil lone the mountains...

58th: Crum-AC, Akers-SF, Hall-PBurg (Crum has 2 games with 10 3's in each, probably around 40 for the year)(Akers has a few games with 6 or more 3's, Probably around 40 or so for the year so far)(Hall has a game with 8 3's, probably around 40 for the year also.)

Hall from Pburg has around 30 3's so far this season, and Crum from AC has just under 60 3's. Not sure on Akers, but probably around 35 or so
BballFan25 Wrote:Hall from Pburg has around 30 3's so far this season, and Crum from AC has just under 60 3's. Not sure on Akers, but probably around 35 or so

Akers has over 40 3's this yr.(Fact)...Id say for Crum that maybe be right. Id say Jordan Hall has about 35.

My bad man...i got ahead of myself by thinking about what i was going to put 4 akers and Hall...I accidently put 40 for Crum also.
sherman14 Wrote:Them Stepp boys.
What are you smoking?Smile
uhavenoidea Wrote:No ive actually watched more teams play than SV...Crum has had 2 games with 10 3's in each(this info can be found all over BGR)...Akers has about 4 games with 6 or more 3's(i know this 4 a fact)...Hall has one game with 8 3's...Hunt broke Phelps' school record with 9 in a game(he has a pretty good total that i found on the khsaa site...

Im willing to bet anything Crum has more 3's in just three of his games than Elijah has all season. Also I know Akers has more 3's in five games than Justice has 4 the year and the same goes for Hall from P-burg.

Alright, I told you we agree to disagree...stop trying to make me believe what you believe because it isn't happening..
Let's see, best overall in the mountains #1Hall #2 Slone #3 Justice. Best overall in the 14th would be #1Cox #2Clark #3Clint #4Hurt #5stamper. One having a really sure way of knowing i would say this is 75% right.