Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats Billy G. Doing wrong?
The wildcats are off to a 4-5 start and it is the first time since 1989 that the wildcats have lost 4 straight games! Whats wrong with UK this year???
Lack of talent and lack of defense.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Lack of talent and lack of defense.

Sad So true..
I honestly don't think that it's Billy G's fault that things are going wrong. It's all the players fault IMO. He can't get them to play hard for him an entire game it seems like. Like I've said a million times before though, he'll have things turned around next year.
Kentucky just plain out sucks.. They cant shoot well, and patterson is going to get double teamed every game he plays. Its just going to be a long long year for uk fans, might as well get excited for next year. Smile
You can always jump on the Mountaineer bandwagon...
Billy G has proven he's a good coach. We know he's a good recruiter. Combine those 2 things with what all UK has to offer and I think it's a winning combination. It's just going to take some time. Look at the UK roster and probably there are only 3 players Billy G would have recruited.........Patterson, Meeks and maybe Crawford. He's trying to implement his system with someone elses leftovers. Give him time to bring in more of his own recruits and the wins will come.
Their not coming out with the same intensity as they did in the past few years when thet made it deep into the NCAA tournament. This year they probably wont make to the NIT.
What is Billy G. doing wrong? NOTHING!!! He is being forced to play with a hand that was dealt to him. All he needs is time to get his type of recruits. :Thumbs:
Gillispie is doing nothing wrong! The players however are not playing with intensity, emotion, pride, or heart. NO ONE, and I mean no one, can win with players who don't play with those 4 factors.
For the state of Kentucky, not enough wins.
On-And-On-Again Wrote:Their not coming out with the same intensity as they did in the past few years when thet made it deep into the NCAA tournament. This year they probably wont make to the NIT.

Tubby never went to the NIT
THOMCAT Wrote:What is Billy G. doing wrong? NOTHING!!! He is being forced to play with a hand that was dealt to him. All he needs is time to get his type of recruits. :Thumbs:

I agree 100%
THOMCAT Wrote:What is Billy G. doing wrong? NOTHING!!! He is being forced to play with a hand that was dealt to him. All he needs is time to get his type of recruits. :Thumbs:

Exactly. Anyone who can win at Texas A&M and UTEP can certainly win at UK. He didn't suddenly become a bad coach when he moved to Lexington, KY.

This wasn't a supremely talented team to begin with, and injuries have robbed the team of some of its better players. With Jasper hurt, you are looking at a team with no true point guard, no true center, one power forward (Patterson), and a bunch of 2's and 3's. Just not a well-constructed roster. With Patterson sidelined, the lack of any tangible inside presence is embarrassing for a program the staure of Kentucky's.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
On-And-On-Again Wrote:Their not coming out with the same intensity as they did in the past few years when thet made it deep into the NCAA tournament. This year they probably wont make to the NIT.

Is the second round really that deep.

The team was so far down coming into this year that I don't know if anybody could have done any better. Like many people have said he ust needs time to put in his system and get his players into the program.
Porter
RavenBoy Wrote:Porter

He would be a backup if we didn't have players hurt and not playing. Who would you like for him to play at the point Nobody seems to like anybody else at the point either. Would you like him to play Stevenson at the point. lol....... That is just the hand he was dealt and will have to do until if and when Jasper comes back.
We could win if we had just one more quality "big" besides Patterson. Crawford, Meeks, Jasper, Bradley (which would then mean Porter would only play just a few "give 'em a breather" minutes a game) are good enough guards to win with. BUT, Darnell Dials (EKU) is better than any big man we have except Patterson. You can't win big in big time games without enough quality "bigs."
Gillispie and his illegitimate son Porter, Harris, Coury, Carter are what is wrong with UK. I would play one of the walkons at point over Porter anyday, they couldnt be much worse than him.
baseballfan606 Wrote:The wildcats are off to a 4-5 start and it is the first time since 1989 that the wildcats have lost 4 straight games! Whats wrong with UK this year???

Everything. They need to get rid of everyone except Patterson and Meeks, the rest of the team is complete garbage if you ask me. It will take Billy G 3 or 4 years to have a legit team. I hope his liver can last that long... Smile
GodisAshlandTomcat41 Wrote:Everything. They need to get rid of everyone except Patterson and Meeks, the rest of the team is complete garbage if you ask me. It will take Billy G 3 or 4 years to have a legit team. I hope his liver can last that long... Smile

i dont understand why all the negative things about crawford? what else do u expect him to do, he is what averging 17 points a game? gee. IMO crawford, meeks and patterson is the only players worth anything really.
Super_de Wrote:i dont understand why all the negative things about crawford? what else do u expect him to do, he is what averging 17 points a game? gee. IMO crawford, meeks and patterson is the only players worth anything really.

Crawford plays NO defense and takes BAD shots.
GodisAshlandTomcat41 Wrote:Crawford plays NO defense and takes BAD shots.

but take his 17 points away and what do we have?
I dont think he is doing anything wrong. He reminds me of a High School coach. You dont practice hard you dont play, and I love that. The reward is playing in the game. He is taking a big chance on his job by doing that but I respect it. He isnt playing certain players just because a player can shoot good or because their daddy is rich. Also everyone but Patterson isnt that good.
Crawford is a heck of a player bad shots or not he should be playing over Porter, heck a 5th grader should play over Porter and his bad shots and turnovers but no Porter gets to play the whole dang game regardless. Harris should never ever play over anyone especially Crawford. Billy G has a major problem with Crawford and I'm sorry but him and Bradley are more productive than Porter and Harris could ever be.
It's not really the coach's fault it has to be the players. They have Patterson trying to do all the work inside since Courey and Stevenson can't do anything. It's hard to coach players who can't play IMO.
playing the wrong players at wrong times
RavenBoy Wrote:I dont think he is doing anything wrong. He reminds me of a High School coach. You dont practice hard you dont play, and I love that. The reward is playing in the game. He is taking a big chance on his job by doing that but I respect it. He isnt playing certain players just because a player can shoot good or because their daddy is rich. Also everyone but Patterson isnt that good.

:Thumbs: I like that method. I think it will ultimately build the team (in the future) to the point where each play knows that they must work and work hard to get their talent displayed out on the floor. CBC is a big reason for AC Law's transformation into a first round pick and I am sure that the catalyst is the habits developed and the competive mentality developed during practice.
Give Billy G time We gave it to Rick.At least when Rick left ,he left The Tub something to work with.Unlike what Tubby left Billy the kid to build on.The Tubster had Ricks boys.Now look at Tubby in the Gopher state.They say at least he is 9-1 bull not with his boys.If Tubby doesn't do it this year.Its over.See what happens when he gits his style of players there.So give both schools a couple years and see what happens then.Billy g. needs as much time as they gave Tubby.Unless he does something crazy away from school.......................
I think Billy G is doing nothing wrong at all. He is just having to play with a bad team that was put together by Tubby. Give him a year or two and UK will be back at the top.