South Carolina
Arkansas
@ Florida
@ Mississippi State
Georgia
Vanderbilt
OPEN
@ Tennessee

I can see the Wildcats winning 7 or 8 games next season.

Chip Crosby said that Norfolk State was added to the schedule, even though it doesn't appear in the link.
http://ukathletics.com/index.php?s=&url_..._well_id=2
should make it to a bowl next year also, I just hope we have a good QB though.
RavenBoy Wrote:should make it to a bowl next year also, I just hope we have a good QB though.

I think Curtis Pulley will surprise a lot of people.
He is still there, Where was he at this year?
he red shirted due to academic problems he dropped out of school last year b4 the semester was over so he had to sit out
Ohh Last I heard was that he quit or something. Well I hope he or someone is ready to play.
blackcat_student Wrote:I think Curtis Pulley will surprise a lot of people.

I agree with ya! He did have Woodson beat out for the starting QB pos. in 2005 so he must be good right?

I also love that we go and play the Tide next season!
I like this schedule! GO CATS in 08!!!!
I see 4 probable wins against Norfolk, Akron, Temple, and Vandy on there. I see 3 probable losses against Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee. That leaves 5 'swing' games to determine whether they go bowling for the third straight year.

- Louisville will definitely be beatable next year, their defense was terrible and they lose a lot of their offensive firepower in Brohm, Douglas, Urrutia, and Allen.

- South Carolina is always beatable, the Cats just always seem to self-destruct when they play them. The game's at home this year, so hopefully we end that streak.

- Arkansas has a new coach, but his team will likely be without McFadden and Felix Jones when he comes to Commonwealth next year, so we should have a good shot at this one.

- Winning at Alabama is not an easy thing to do, but if Louisiana-Monroe could do it this year, why not UK next year?

- Finally, at Mississippi State. Sylvester Croom has really turned his team around, and this may be the hardest to win of these 'swing' games.

Overall, while I think the team will not be as good as this year's version, I still see them winning at least 6 games to be bowl-eligible, maybe stealing another one to finish 7-5 yet again. Could it be Music City, part III?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I see 4 probable wins against Norfolk, Akron, Temple, and Vandy on there. I see 3 probable losses against Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee. That leaves 5 'swing' games to determine whether they go bowling for the third straight year.

- Louisville will definitely be beatable next year, their defense was terrible and they lose a lot of their offensive firepower in Brohm, Douglas, Urrutia, and Allen.

- South Carolina is always beatable, the Cats just always seem to self-destruct when they play them. The game's at home this year, so hopefully we end that streak.

- Arkansas has a new coach, but his team will likely be without McFadden and Felix Jones when he comes to Commonwealth next year, so we should have a good shot at this one.

- Winning at Alabama is not an easy thing to do, but if Louisiana-Monroe could do it this year, why not UK next year?

- Finally, at Mississippi State. Sylvester Croom has really turned his team around, and this may be the hardest to win of these 'swing' games.

Overall, while I think the team will not be as good as this year's version, I still see them winning at least 6 games to be bowl-eligible, maybe stealing another one to finish 7-5 yet again. Could it be Music City, part III?

I agree... And we may be able to sneak into the Peach Bowl instead of going back to the music city bowl.
Great points More Cowbell and I personally think you nailed it on the head!!
blackcat_student Wrote:I agree... And we may be able to sneak into the Peach Bowl instead of going back to the music city bowl.

I don't think a 7-5 record would get us into the Peach Bowl. More than likely, if the Music City didn't want us for the third straight year, UK would head to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I don't think a 7-5 record would get us into the Peach Bowl. More than likely, if the Music City didn't want us for the third straight year, UK would head to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl.
Your probably right.
they could win 7 or 8 next season but their losing alot of the glue that held this years team together
MVP2 Wrote:I agree with ya! He did have Woodson beat out for the starting QB pos. in 2005 so he must be good right?

I also love that we go and play the Tide next season!
Bring it on Cat fans, so you can take your :ChairHit: .......Cool
Akron wont be a pushover..Temple wont either..I see UK winning 6 games next year, and going back to the Music City Bowl, which, in a year where they lose a bunch, will be a good season..
I see 6-7 maybe 8 with a upset. I think that the schedule is very favorable considering how much we will be losing. It will be another exciting beginning to a new era, lets see how Pully can do. We will be down on the offensive side, but our D should actually get better and our running game will be downright awesome. Locke, Dixson, and Smith will give the push our offense will need with a new QB taking the helm.
7 or 8 wins
So what happened to UK, Louisville game being the 3rd game of the season?
Who will be the backfield for the Cats next season?
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Who will be the backfield for the Cats next season?

#28 Tony Dixon - Senior
#29 Alfonso Smith - Junior
#41 Derrick Locke - Sophomore
#30 Moncell Allen - Sophomore
6-6...
SIZE13 Wrote:So what happened to UK, Louisville game being the 3rd game of the season?
It rotates every year. When its at Uk its the 3rd game. When its at UofL its the 1st game.
I think we could win anywhere from 6-8 games!
I'd say 7 or 8 wins.
RavenBoy Wrote:It rotates every year. When its at Uk its the 3rd game. When its at UofL its the 1st game.

I thought that there was just a scheduling conflict this year so they bumped it a couple weeks. Did not know it is UK's choice to have it on the 3rd week (that was the first I can remember since the rivalry started back up). Look on UK athletics.com and you we see that it has been the first game every year since it restarted
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I thought that there was just a scheduling conflict this year so they bumped it a couple weeks. Did not know it is UK's choice to have it on the 3rd week (that was the first I can remember since the rivalry started back up). Look on UK athletics.com and you we see that it has been the first game every year since it restarted
Yes, this was the first time that the game wasn't played in Week 1. Brooks wanted the game moved back so his team would have some extra time to get ready for the big game, and it seems to have worked out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I see 7 wins , maybe 8.
Beef Wrote:Yes, this was the first time that the game wasn't played in Week 1. Brooks wanted the game moved back so his team would have some extra time to get ready for the big game, and it seems to have worked out.

Thanks! I hope that when it is UK's decision again we can push the date back again! Smile
Id say they will keep it like that for along time.