Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 Farm Bureau Classic
hmm..looks to be some great games in Pikeville...can't wait!!!
If...Then Wrote:its about time Pikeville gets Belfry in basketball
We played them last year? in the PIT championship?
Panther Thunder Wrote:We played them last year? in the PIT championship?

oh we did didnt we.

forgot about that.
jammin' jamey Wrote:
FARM BUREAU CLASSIC NOW A 2 DAY EVENT

Pikeville, KY – Get ready for top quality, basketball action as the Kent Thacker
Agency presents the 2007 Farm Bureau Classic with not one, but two days of
entertainment! The games begin Friday, December 14th and continue all day Saturday,
December 15th at the Eastern Kentucky Expo Center. See premier teams from across the
nation, top Division I prospects and top ranked teams from across the state, including the
2006 Kentucky State Champion. Also see the Pikeville College Men’s Basketball team
match up against Kentucky Christian University. All this plus local teams in rivalry and
opening season games are all a part of the 2007 Farm Bureau Classic.
Come enjoy the great match-ups and tremendous basketball talent showcased in the 2007
Farm Bureau Classic at the Expo Center in Pikeville. Tickets on sale now at
Ticketmaster.com, Charge by Phone at 606-433-1793 or at the Expo Center Box Office.
Visit www.EastKyExpo.com for more information or call 606-444-5500.

[B]2007 Farm Bureau Classic[/B]

[B]Friday, December 14th
[/B]6:00 p.m. Pike County Central vs. Jenkins
7:30 p.m. Pikeville (Girls) vs. Boyd County (Girls)

9:00 p.m. Pikeville vs. Belfry

[B]Saturday, December 15[/B][B]th[/B]

[B]Session 1
[/B]10:00 a.m. Cumberland vs. Johnson Central
11:45 a.m. Pikeville College vs. Kentucky Christian University

1:45 p.m. Paintsville vs. South Charleston, WV
3:30 p.m. Pikeville vs. Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett, TN

Session 2
5:15 p.m. Mason County vs. Christ Presbyterian Academy
7:00 p.m. Shelby Valley vs. Louisville Male
8:45 p.m. Scott County vs. Cincinnati Withrow, OH

Lot of players in this classic on rivals.com ...... WOW !!
My reason for going is simply put in two words: DARIUS MILLER.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:My reason for going is simply put in two words: DARIUS MILLER.
True ..:1: :Clap: :theman: :letsparty .. One of the biggest in state players that sign with U K in long time !!
thought bud mackey was out this season.....
BlackcatFootball Wrote:My reason for going is simply put in two words: DARIUS MILLER.
Next Mr. Basketball ! Go Cats :thumpsup:
cougar_54 Wrote:thought bud mackey was out this season.....

Who said he wasn't?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank James Hurley for this tournament. He got it all started when he was coach at East Ridge. He brought in Oak Hill during Rondo's senior season. Farm Bureau is continuing the success and reaping the benefits of an outstounding facility in downtown Pikeville.
^^More importantly, Slam dunk champion Josh Smith was there...ER had to fix the rims at halftime...
Looks like some good games to watch. I won't miss the last three.
shew wat region is pike central in
Theairupthere Wrote:Looks like some good games to watch. I won't miss the last three.
Paintsville vs South Charleston & Pikeville vs DB will be good also....... Cumberland has nice team .......
mullinstiger55 Wrote:shew wat region is pike central in

15th
I think the Pikeville/Dobyns-Bennitt will either be close, or a blowout. DB has only one sophomore on their varsity squad. The rest are juniors and seniors. They have size in every position. 9 players over 6 foot tall with a 6'9" and a couple 6'6" and 6'5" players. Not to mention they are the winningest program in the nation.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I think the Pikeville/Dobyns-Bennitt will either be close, or a blowout. DB has only one sophomore on their varsity squad. The rest are juniors and seniors. They have size in every position. 9 players over 6 foot tall with a 6'9" and a couple 6'6" and 6'5" players. Not to mention they are the winningest program in the nation.

I have a feeling it'll be a blowout, Adams can only handle 1 guy over 6'5.
I dont know if he can or not, he hasnt been put in that position yet.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I dont know if he can or not, he hasnt been put in that position yet.

I guess we will find out
These games sound great! I can't wait to watch them all in action:thumpsup:
Dazed&Confused Wrote:I guess we will find out
These games sound great! I can't wait to watch them all in action:thumpsup:

:Thumbs: Just one more week !!
Now just two days away ...... What game will be the best ??
Paintsville vs. South Charleston will be the best game IMO...
The King Wrote:Paintsville vs. South Charleston will be the best game IMO...
Why ?
Sfan Wrote:Why ?

Because they are both very quality opponents. Both teams are very talented, and both get after the ball and play with intensity. Should be a very interesting game.
I think those two teams may be the most evenly matched. South Charleston has a nice team, but Paintsville seems to be playing well thus far this year.

I'm sure that Male will be more athletic than Valley, and that may make them difficult for Valley to deal with. The other games will hopefully be entertaining, but I just don't know anything about the out of state teams... I did watch Mason play at Sheldon Clark earlier this year... Miller is an exciting player to watch, but Trevor Setty is a very good player as well...
Why is Starns listed as Johnson Central's coach. I am sure that typo really makes Mckenzie feel welcome?
The King Wrote:Paintsville vs. South Charleston will be the best game IMO...
After watching them at Lawrence Co. I hope S. Charleston runs alot. It looked like a UFC cardio workout.
Here is a link to the schedule on the Expo center site:

http://www.eastkyexpo.com

Ten games...Two Days...Great basketball event!!!
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Here is a link to the schedule on the Expo center site:

http://www.eastkyexpo.com

Ten games...Two Days...Great basketball event!!!

Final thoughts about the classic ?? Good ?? Not so good ?? ect ??
The Classic in general consisted of loads of talent, but not enough support. You would think people would have got out of the house to go to this classic, but there were empty seats everywhere. Kinda dissappointing IMO!!!!!!