Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central - 93 South Floyd - 69
What im sayin is that they have alot of good young talent that can play the game of basketball and if they keep it up they might make a run for District
Guys this isn't Messenger, so try to use correct spelling and grammar.
Akers played a great game and congrats to ac on a good win......Akers just has no help out there on the court and people bash Akers for shooting too much but i ask you all this....if Akers didnt shoot the ball and score who would for the raiders....no1 has stepped up this year for the raiders and showed that they can score and lead the raiders....all he is doin is being a great leader on a very young team....
COOL off a little guys ,both players had a great game and both teams played very hard.
Great win AC..Also good game Akers and Crum,both these boys can ball.
Akers and Crum both are pretty good players and they score for their teams in any way they can. It doesn't matter if a layup, three from the line or a bunch of free throws as long as they put it on the scoreboard. AC has a good team and Coach has them playing good as a team. South Floyd has no doubt been struggling but they are getting a little better and still have a long way to go but I think they will get there and hopefully be competitive before it is over. Allen Central was never or will it ever be an easy place to come into and play well, especially for a younger team. Congrats to the Rebs and SF needs to keep playing and look at hopefully better times ahead.
About what i expected! Congrats Rebs!
Good Job Rebels!!
All 5 starters scored in double figures last night. Good points from the bench as well. Team play is looking better each time out for the Runnin' Rebels. Keep it up boys!!
Good Luck Thursday against Cordia.
Congrats Rebels.
good job rebels ... ac played a great game but sf didnt lay down like i expected them todo i kno they started making turn overs and then it looked like things was falling a part for them. AKERS played a great game but on the other hand so did CRUM like wyatt earp said they will both do what they can for their teams and i look forward to seeing these teams play agin ....
does anyone have any stats from anyone else besides crum and akers?
rebel nation23 Wrote:good job rebels ... ac played a great game but sf didnt lay down like i expected them todo i kno they started making turn overs and then it looked like things was falling a part for them. AKERS played a great game but on the other hand so did CRUM like wyatt earp said they will both do what they can for their teams and i look forward to seeing these teams play agin ....
does anyone have any stats from anyone else besides crum and akers?

South Floyd
Akers 27 Hayes 2
Howell 4 Hall 2
Paige 8 Jones 1
Turner 8 Marson 2
Mitchell 3 Gibson 5
Lanngdon 2
Tackett 4

ACHS
Crum 20
Prater 16
Hammonds 10
L. Crowder 14
H. Crowder 11 (set out most of 2nd half)
Stumbo 7
Cole 6
Turner 9
Good game Rebels.
I also want to add I think both Crum & Akers are fine young men, and both are good players in their own separate ways. I thought they both played well on Friday night. I wish both of them the best of luck the rest of the year.

Oh ya, I like to pronounce it "Junk Yard Dog" instead of "Yunkyard Dog". It's more drawn out & it just sounds tougher that way Smile
congrats AC
Oh ya, I forgot to mention I watched the game on Ch. 5. Pete Grisby rocks :rockon:
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Oh ya, I forgot to mention I watched the game on Ch. 5. Pete Grisby rocks :rockon:

That explains everythingSmile...Pete Grigsby is a good man...But everyone who watches the games on ch.5 knows he forgets names and adds names in there from previous yrs. My advice to you is to start listening to Ken Hall or Kevin TackettSmile
Well, I just don't like when people jump on Pete :Angry07: You said he forgets names & stuff. Personally I think that is a small price to pay for a glimpse into his infinite wisdom concerning basketball.

Sarcasm is anger's ugly cousin! Now, surely your not mad at ol' JYD for simply pointing out the error of your ways? Wink Why can't we just be friends? Big Grin
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:Well, I just don't like when people jump on Pete You said he forgets names & stuff. Personally I think that is a small price to pay for a glimpse into his infinite wisdom concerning basketball.

Sarcasm is anger's ugly cousin! Now, surely your not mad at ol' JYD for simply pointing out the error of your ways? Wink Why can't we just be friends? Big Grin

Ive come to a conclusion you cant handle the truth and your first name is sarcasm.Smile Im not mad.
I'm all about the truth! My first name is "Junk" my middle name is "Yard" & my last name is "Dog", but they call me "Truth!"
Note to everyone... Make sure you keep this thread on-topic or it will be closed.
blackcat_student Wrote:Note to everyone... Make sure you keep this thread on-topic or it will be closed.

I agree 100% this thread is about AC & SF. Not this player vs. that player. I really think SF can build from this game. Especially if they play under control.
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I agree 100% this thread is about AC & SF. Not this player vs. that player. I really think SF can build from this game. Especially if they play under control.
I think South Floyd is a real dangerous team. They have kids that can shoot it. Wes Akers is a prime example. If the other Raiders could get it going, then they could possibly sneak into the region tournament this year.
I don't see that happening, but I do think the Raiders will be good in the years to come. They have some very good younger players. B. Marson is only an 8th grader & he looks like he could be a force someday! S. Turner is only a freshman & will be a very good player in years to come. C. Paige is a So. and I think he will develop in time. There are a couple more too..... I think the Raiders could be decent when that group gets a little older. I don't see them doing much this year though. Hope they do, but I just don't see it to be honest!
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:I don't see that happening, but I do think the Raiders will be good in the years to come. They have some very good younger players. B. Marson is only an 8th grader & he looks like he could be a force someday! S. Turner is only a freshman & will be a very good player in years to come. C. Paige is a So. and I t he will develop in time. There are a couple more too..... I think the Raiders could be decent when that group gets a little older. I don't see them doing much this year though. Hope they do, but I just don't see it to be honest!

I just think that one of the teams will overlook the Raiders in the district tournament and that the Raiders could pull of an upset.
I guess anythings possible, but I don't think the Raiders can do it by playing the same way they have in the past, or the way they have played so far this year. They don't have the talent (this year) to just shoot 3 after 3 after 3. In order to win they will have to slow the game way down. I mean way down! I'm talking about scoring in the 30's or 40's to pull off an upset. I just don't know if they can do that?