Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 88 Prestonsburg 56
blackcat_student Wrote:Wasn't Tyler Johnson the boy hitting the 3's?

I think you are talking about Tyler Newsome... He is #24 and is a sophomore.
PC_You_Know Wrote:What I meant to say was did anyone like the blue crew tonight?

The loss of Justin Smith to graduation will really hurt them... He will be tough to replace.
The King Wrote:The loss of Justin Smith to graduation will really hurt them... He will be tough to replace.
Well i didnt see them but once last year and now this game. But to me they are a pretty strong force. They didnt look big at first but they were really loud til the end. Even when valley w up by 30 they were still cheering like they were down 30. But the hail raisers at p-burg are also a strong force whn they are at full strength.
if the game was within a few points, i could understand it, but the refs cant cheat a team by 32, SV is the team to beat, and is far better than pburg, so give them credit.. congrats SV
IBleedRed Wrote:Well i didnt see them but once last year and now this game. But to me they are a pretty strong force. They didnt look big at first but they were really loud til the end. Even when valley w up by 30 they were still cheering like they were down 30. But the hail raisers at p-burg are also a strong force whn they are at full strength.
:thumpsup:
IBleedRed Wrote:But all in all good game by the wildcats. Even though they had seven payers on the court(refs).

Smile

This is starting to get ridiculous.
alfus21 Wrote:You're a prime example of this thread topic. Have a look yourself.
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=29090

He's right, no matter how many people said that. Tonight's reffing was a joke. It wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome but thats no excuse for the joke that was tonight's officiating.
I was quite impressed by Hall as well. He is a talented shooter and drives to the goal well also. P'burg was overmatched in the first half, as Valley was playing "in your face" defense. They had deflection after deflection as a result of very active hands. Elisha never ceases to amaze me with how quick his hands are.

I don't have the P'burg stats besides Hall's 35, but for Valley is was as follows:

Logan Bryant had 14 points, 4 steals, and 3 rebounds.
Tyler Newsome had 14 points and 2 rebounds.
Elisha Justice had 13 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 assists.
Taylor Newsome had 11 points and 7 rebounds.
Jacob Bryant had 10 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists.
Ashley Hatfield had 9 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 steals.
Curby Tackett had 6 points and 5 rebounds.
Jonah Justice had 6 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 assists.
Cody Varney had 5 points and 2 rebounds.

Good luck the rest of the season P'burg.
IBleedRed Wrote:Even though they had seven payers on the court(refs).

blackcat_mc Wrote:He's right, no matter how many people said that. Tonight's reffing was a joke. It wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome but thats no excuse for the joke that was tonight's officiating.

The reffing is always terrible when your team loses, isn't it... Rolleyes

I wish that for once I could read a game thread where someone didn't say that the refs were cheating for one team or the other.

Anyway, congrats to Valley and good luck the rest of the season P-Burg.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wendell Wallen was one of the officials and the other I've never seen before.
The King Wrote:Wendell Wallen was one of the officials and the other I've never seen before.

The other referee was Charlie Collins.

He also refereed the P-burg/Pikeville game.
blackcat_student Wrote:I don't think they called of the dogs... Hatfield was the only one I didn't see play much in the second half, and Elisha probably went out around mid-way through the fourth. All the other starters played the rest of the game.

Minutes played for the starters:
Elisha Justice-21
Logan Bryant-27
Jacob Bryant-20
Taylor Newsome-17
Ashley Hatfield-15
The King Wrote:Minutes played for the starters:
Elisha Justice-21
Logan Bryant-27
Jacob Bryant-20
Taylor Newsome-17
Ashley Hatfield-15

Wow. This changes everything. :thumpsup:
Elisha Justice-21
Logan Bryant-27
Jacob Bryant-20
Taylor Newsome-17
Ashley Hatfield-15

Who cares... Move on.
Pepper Wrote:Who cares... Move on.

I think blackcat_student would care, since he overstated how much the starters played.

Why would we move on.... you're still posting in this thread too ya know?

Good game Wildcats!! Keep it up! Can't wait till I get to see you @ Rupp! :letsparty
ronald_reagan Wrote:Can't wait till I get to see you @ Rupp! :letsparty

:confused:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Elisha Justice-21
Logan Bryant-27
Jacob Bryant-20
Taylor Newsome-17
Ashley Hatfield-15

Thought I made a legit educated guess... I'll admit that I was wrong.

ronald_reagan Wrote:I think blackcat_student would care, since he overstated how much the starters played.

Why would we move on.... you're still posting in this thread too ya know?

Good game Wildcats!! Keep it up! Can't wait till I get to see you @ Rupp! :letsparty

It doesn't bother me that I was wrong you know... Plus you wasn't even there so it's quite hard for you to make any kind of judgment of the game.

Good luck Saturday against Male, Valley... I'll be there rooting for you guys!
alfus21 Wrote::confused:

State tourney! Big Grin
blackcat_student Wrote:Thought I made a legit educated guess... I'll admit that I was wrong.

It doesn't bother me that I was wrong you know... Plus you wasn't even there so it's quite hard for you to make any kind of judgment of the game.

Good luck Saturday against Male, Valley... I'll be there rooting for you guys!

I don't mind that you were wrong either. I was just pointing out why it was a relevant point. Thats all.

And you're right, I wasn't there. But since you are in agreement with the numbers, and admit that you were wrong.... I'll take that as further reason that I didn't have to be there to witness the 32 point loss by Pburg, and the 50-60% playing time by the starters of valley... to know that it was a slaughter, that it could have been worse, and that the refs didn't change the possible outcome.

Good post though. Smile
ronald_reagan Wrote:I don't mind that you were wrong either. I was just pointing out why it was a relevant point. Thats all.

And you're right, I wasn't there. But since you are in agreement with the numbers, and admit that you were wrong.... I'll take that as further reason that I didn't have to be there to witness the 32 point loss by Pburg, and the 50-60% playing time by the starters of valley... to know that it was a slaughter, that it could have been worse, and that the refs didn't change the possible outcome.

Good post though. Smile

At least you're modest in knowing you were right about it, right? Rolleyes

Some people would taunt and be classless to a guy that just actually admitted he was wrong. You really went the other way though huh?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:At least you're modest in knowing you were right about it, right? Rolleyes

Some people would taunt and be classless to a guy that just actually admitted he was wrong. You really went the other way though huh?

Mr. I don't ever say things that would offend someone... Rolleyes

Selective in your criticism I see... Here I got an idea for ya, how about looking in the mirror now and then. Confusedhh:

Thats the problem with you. You even had to call your OWN self out in my thread about officiating.... now you're trying to call me out for the same? Get over it Alfus.

And no, I didn't go the other way. I taunted. Smile
ronald_reagan Wrote:Mr. I don't ever say things that would offend someone... Rolleyes

Selective in your criticism I see... Here I got an idea for ya, how about looking in the mirror now and then. Confusedhh:

Thats the problem with you. You even had to call your OWN self out in my thread about officiating.... now you're trying to call me out for the same? Get over it Alfus.

And no, I didn't go the other way. I taunted. Smile

Smile I don't remember taunting someone who just apologized and admitted they were wrong.

But nonetheless this thread needs to get back on topic which I'm sure it will now. If not it's closed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Smile I don't remember taunting someone who just apologized and admitted they were wrong.

But nonetheless this thread needs to get back on topic which I'm sure it will now. If not it's closed.

Whats not on topic about it? Besides you changing the subject to my actions?

I talked about Valley - Pburg, my lack of attendence, playing time, officiating, etc.

I like the topic... have been on topic, and will stay on topic. Lets keep it this way. Wink
btw, from what I hear... Jordan Hall is quite impressive. If I were him, I'd consider transferring... Valley could use a stroker like him. Kris Bentley might be able to guide him in the right direction.
Prestonsburg is not a bad team at all. I can see them getting better as the season progresses. As good as Jordan Hall can shoot, I would run some screens to get him open more. He scored at will last night.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Prestonsburg is not a bad team at all. I can see them getting better as the season progresses. As good as Jordan Hall can shoot, I would run some screens to get him open more. He scored at will last night.

I totally agree. IMO Prestonsburg is still in football mode. Give them a little time and they will be just fine. Yes hall is a great player and has a great shot.
congrats to valley...
Congrats SV
good game SV!
blackcat_student Wrote:Wasn't Tyler Johnson the boy hitting the 3's?

...no that was tyler newsome....