Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 88 Prestonsburg 56
Final- according to KHSAA.org
not as bad as i thought it would be
Ouch! I expected this, but not by 32. Congrats SV! Any stats?
Good game for Valley, Valley played with a lot of intensity and played tight defense.

Elisha impressed me the most tonight, his defense was great.
Other than Elisha, Tyler Newsome looked really good as well, I thought he needed to improve a lot before the season, and he has done so, he is making a lot better shot selections.
Congrats Valley.
Congrats valley....so far they are the team to beat in the 15th region.
No surprise here. Congrats SV.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nice try Pburg.
Good luck the rest of the season P-burg.
Was there a blue crew tonight?
blackcatforever Wrote:not as bad as i thought it would be

Halftime Score: SV 56 P'burg 20

SV called the dogs off at halftime. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way!
Prestonsburg didn't play well at all in the first half. Halftime score was 58-20 Valley. But, Prestonsburg played with heart and emotion towards the end of the game, outscoring Valley in the second half 36-30. Elisha and Johnson played real well tonight for Valley, and done things when needed. But Jordan Hall played exceptionally well in this game. I'd say that he scored around 25 points, Taylor Clark and Jody Tackett done well also. I seen lots of improvement tonight and I hope they can play like this throughout the season.

Another to add, we hit our free throws!

Congrats Valley... And good luck against Male Saturday.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Was there a blue crew tonight?

What I meant to say was did anyone like the blue crew tonight?
HazzBeen Wrote:Halftime Score: SV 56 P'burg 20

SV called the dogs off at halftime. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way!

I don't think they called of the dogs... Hatfield was the only one I didn't see play much in the second half, and Elisha probably went out around mid-way through the fourth. All the other starters played the rest of the game.

PC_U_KNOW Wrote:What I meant to say was did anyone like the blue crew tonight?

They're very creative... But I would have liked for most of our "Hail Raisers" to have come to this game... But they all thought it was going to be a blow out, so they didn't show up.
This was a good learning experience for the Blackcats. IMO Shelby Valley needs to learn some discipline and keep their mouths shut. One of their players cussed at a fan in the crowd. If your a player your not going to stop the crowd from saying anything so let the crowd do what they want and you play your game. But all in all good game by the wildcats. Even though they had seven payers on the court(refs).
blackcat_student Wrote:Prestonsburg didn't play well at all in the first half. Halftime score was 58-20 Valley. But, Prestonsburg played with heart and emotion towards the end of the game, outscoring Valley in the second half 36-30. Elisha and Johnson played real well tonight for Valley, and done things when needed. But Jordan Hall played exceptionally well in this game. I'd say that he scored around 25 points, Taylor Clark and Jody Tackett done well also. I seen lots of improvement tonight and I hope they can play like this throughout the season.

Another to add, we hit our free throws!

Congrats Valley... And good luck against Male Saturday.

Sorry... Officially, Jordan Hall scored 35 points tonight.
blackcat_student Wrote:Sorry... Officially, Jordan Hall scored 35 points tonight.
WOW...Great game by Hall. It sure was a quiet 35.
blackcat_student Wrote:I don't think they called of the dogs... Hatfield was the only one I didn't see play much in the second half, and Elisha probably went out around mid-way through the fourth. All the other starters played the rest of the game.

Calling the dogs off means playing half ct. man the entire second half instead of pressing full ct. and trapping which is what got them the 36 pt. halftime lead.
HazzBeen Wrote:Calling the dogs off means playing half ct. man the entire second half instead of pressing full ct. and trapping which is what got them the 36 pt. halftime lead.

Oh, sorry.Cool
I Hope the blackcats will take this as a learning experience and not let it get them down. Has anyone heard anything on Nathaniel Stephens. He went down late in the game with an ankle injury is all i know.
blackcat_student Wrote:Elisha and Johnson played real well tonight for Valley, and done things when needed.

Who are you calling Johnson?
IBleedRed Wrote:But all in all good game by the wildcats. Even though they had seven payers on the court(refs).

Smile I'm sure that made all the difference.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The King Wrote:Who are you calling Johnson?

Wasn't Tyler Johnson the boy hitting the 3's?
alfus21 Wrote:Smile I'm sure that made all the difference.
Not all the difference but when the foul ratio is 24 to 12 in favor of valley then theres definitely going to be some difference there.
IBleedRed Wrote:Not all the difference but when the foul ratio is 24 to 12 in favor of valley then theres definitely going to be some difference there.

Not enough difference to alter the outcome of the game so why even bring it up?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
shelby Valley is the real deal
alfus21 Wrote:Not enough difference to alter the outcome of the game so why even bring it up?
Because the refs in the 15th just keep getting worse and worse and this was a prime example of it.
alfus21 Wrote:Not enough difference to alter the outcome of the game so why even bring it up?

When Valley went on there big run in the second quarter, the halftime foul ratio was 14:5... But it really doesn't matter to me, I'm moving on.
IBleedRed Wrote:Because the refs in the 15th just keep getting worse and worse and this was a prime example of it.

You're a prime example of this thread topic. Have a look yourself.
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=29090
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I like seeing players grow, and if I recall we told everyone tyler would be a huge factor for the cats!! Good win valley, keep it rolling. The Hall kid from P-burg is a nice player, good luck all 15th teams this yr I cant wait!!!