Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Freshman Academy
Is there such a thing?????????? How many kids are there????
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I've never heard of such a thing.

And if you don't mind me asking, what brought this up?
Just heard of this today , just wondering if they had one. Is there any truth in it. Just wondering.... Anybody out there heard of such a thing?????
Come on Belfry people help me out.
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I never heard of it....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They are sorta don't know all the details about it, they are freshmen, and they are at the High School they just dont have classes and stuff with the 10-12th graders. I knew about it when my younger brother was a Freshman he was telling me about it, that was a couple years ago. Things might have changed since then. I will ask him later and let you all know for sure.
BurntTires Wrote:They are sorta don't know all the details about it, they are freshmen, and they are at the High School they just dont have classes and stuff with the 10-12th graders. I knew about it when my younger brother was a Freshman he was telling me about it, that was a couple years ago. Things might have changed since then. I will ask him later and let you all know for sure.
Are the rest of the freshman not at the High School?
FBALL Wrote:Are the rest of the freshman not at the High School?
All the Freshman are at the High School, from what I understand they just have different classes, lunch time and stuff none with the upper classes 10-12. Kinda crazy if you ask me it didn't make sense to me when I first heard about it. Thats the way it was last year it might have changed.
I just heard this topic at work today. it came up about the academy.
Interesting????????????
The Freshman Academy is in the trial period. It is there to help ease the transition from Middle School to High School and help raise test scores. All classes are fresh. only classes as is lunch and any breaks. All kids are in the high school.

They will not know if it works until all data is in and after the 3 year trial.
A freshman academy is the worst idea ever, we had one here last year at ER and it was just a waste of time. All it is is just a way for the freshman to get to know each other. they have the same classes, Lunches and breaks. The whole idea is rediculous.
Yes, there is a freshman academy at Belfry. My son attends it. The freshman are in the high school facility, but they have classes on one floor for a transition period between middle school and high school. The principal is seperate from the high school , but the rules are much the same. They have lunch with the upper classman and extra curricular classes with them too. For instance, my son has weight training and Spanish with upper classman. As a teacher myself, I like this concept!
This is an interesting concept.
Lol, this makes no sense, this guy just said his son has extra classes with upper class men, well ain't that how all schools are, the kids have math sciences and English with their grade level and any other classes are open to all grade levels?
Hers is the burning question that I have ????? Are the Freshman numbers included in the high school student numbers or are they seperated out becasue they are in a FRESHMAN academy?? I know that student numbers consist from 9-12 but if the Freshman are in a seperate program and not a part of the high school would it change the classification numbers in the high school.
Here is my point - somone had brought up that the numbers at Belfry are from 10-12 and not 9-12. As this would allow them to play in 3A instead of 4 or 5A... I am asking becasue I dont know. I am not starting rumors, I am asking a question???
I believe that the numbers are from 9-12 and that was argument with this gentleman. it does not matter if you have a Sophomore Academy the numbers are still 9-12.. IS this correct??
The freshmen are considered part of Belfry's enrollment totals for 9-12 if thats what you mean.

The numbers are 9-12.
Yeah doesn't seem much different from when I was in high school. Your core classes, math,English,science, social studies are with your people in the same grade. Electives are mixed all together. I believe in Kentucky its don't grades 9-12 for enrollment, so even if the 9th grade is still part of the middle school, they count those numbers. That d be like Raceland having to play up a class because their 7th and 8th grade are int he highschool, who ever was making this argument was wrong
It's including within their HS enrollment. The KHSAA takes grades 9-12, no matter what, even if you have a situation similar to this. If the kids will be going to that respective HS the next year, they will be counted as part of the enrollment.

I know Ashland had done this, but don't know if they continue to do so. From what I heard they basically made Building 2 Freshman only.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
yeah ,thers a freshman acadamy and all freshmen(about200 and some) are in it
warriorpride Wrote:A freshman academy is the worst idea ever, we had one here last year at ER and it was just a waste of time. All it is is just a way for the freshman to get to know each other. they have the same classes, Lunches and breaks. The whole idea is rediculous.
Totally disagree. Research shows that the Freshman Academy is the way to go. It lowers failure rates, increases attendance and raises student grades.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Hers is the burning question that I have ????? Are the Freshman numbers included in the high school student numbers or are they seperated out becasue they are in a FRESHMAN academy?? I know that student numbers consist from 9-12 but if the Freshman are in a seperate program and not a part of the high school would it change the classification numbers in the high school.
Here is my point - somone had brought up that the numbers at Belfry are from 10-12 and not 9-12. As this would allow them to play in 3A instead of 4 or 5A... I am asking becasue I dont know. I am not starting rumors, I am asking a question???
I believe that the numbers are from 9-12 and that was argument with this gentleman. it does not matter if you have a Sophomore Academy the numbers are still 9-12.. IS this correct??
Not true at all. Belfry's freshman academy is in the same building. Freshman academies do not alter the true enrollment of a high school. Belfry at one time was an extremely large high school. Since that time many jobs have left eastern Kentucky and most schools' enrollments have dwindled.
Hey guys cool for the info. Just wanted to get the real story, thanks.
EkyLb Wrote:Yeah doesn't seem much different from when I was in high school. Your core classes, math,English,science, social studies are with your people in the same grade. Electives are mixed all together. I believe in Kentucky its don't grades 9-12 for enrollment, so even if the 9th grade is still part of the middle school, they count those numbers. That d be like Raceland having to play up a class because their 7th and 8th grade are int he highschool, who ever was making this argument was wrong

I agree, it sounds like it has always been. Core classes are with the kids in your grade and the electives were mixed. I don't see any difference. This is nothing new. Somebody just gave it a goofy name.