Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who killed JFK?
Who killed JFK? and why? State your case, and lets have a vote on it later.
I can't say I know a lot about this, but I do think Lee Harvey Oswald was the one that shot JFK, it's the reasoning behind it I'm not sure of and who got him to do it. Plus of course you have the "grassy knoll" sniper who will never be known but I strongly believe there was.

I obviously think there was some sort of conspiracy as do most Americans in most polls.

The whole thing seems so fishy. Oswald killed....what two days after the shooting by Ruby who had no real motive to kill Oswald but to say "Jews have guts"? Seems too odd to me, but like I said I don't know a lot about it.

You have things such as the "Magic Bullet"

Key witnesses began dying off quickly after the incident.

Many had it out for JFK including his VP LBJ who seemed to show no emotion from the event from what many reports have shown.

Other than that you have the Soviets, Cuba, and the Mafia who had it out for JFK for obvious reasons.

Then you have more extreme groups being looked at such as the "Cowboys" Texans who were angry at JFK for several reasons including that he may have been ready to dump LBJ.

Then you have people who may have been angry about JFK pushing Civil Rights which at the time may have caused anger, but the real question with that is did they have the resources to pull this off?

We'll never know, but it's fun to talk about (unfortunately)

If I had to guess one of the above, I'd say LBJ had JFK killed.
This is interesting...."Those SOB's Will never embarrass me again"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I believe Oswald was the lone gunman, as almost every bit of evidence shows.

The Warren Commission and House Select Committe on Assassinations in the 70's both came to this conclusion.

The other ideas you present are all possible, except for the magic bullet theory. This has been debunked time and time again. The entire idea of the magic bullet is a figment of Oliver Stone's imagination.

There's a great book about this called, "Cased Closed". It was written by a guy who was trying to disprove the Warren Commission and HSCOA, but after he dug into it so deeply, he came to the conclusion... they were right.

There is one theory floating around that you didn't mention... Either Goodyear or Firestone put in a few plants in Vietnam just before the war started, and lost millions upon millions due to the war, and many think that they had Kennedy assasinated because they thought his death would create a more 'peaceful' enviroment.. and that LBJ would take hint, and notice, and promptly abandon plans for further escalation of the conflict. This is far fetched, but was investigated in the HSCOA hearings.

Please, if you don't mind, research your views and post evidence supporting them. You can view the entire Warren Commission and all of its findings, pictures, evidence online........ This should aide you rather nicely.

I think this is an important issue, and we need to come to a consensus, all of us. It healthy to agree on such important and world changing moments.
ronald_reagan Wrote:Please, if you don't mind, research your views and post evidence supporting them. You can view the entire Warren Commission and all of its findings, pictures, evidence online........ This should aide you rather nicely.

I have heard there is a lot important information missing from the Warren Commission such as evidence from the FBI and CIA and that it is quite flawed. Do you have any knowledge of this or believe it to be fiction? I really don't know either way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It is hard for the mind to wrap around the fact that a seeming "loser" like Lee Harvey Oswald could kill the President of the United States without some kind of help. Lee Harvey Oswald, from what I've read about him, had a sort of inferiority thing going, a real need to prove to his own ego that he was SOMEBODY. If we remember, a dude who wanted to impress JODIE FOSTER came real close to killing Ronald Regan!! Based on the Warren Commission, and other key figures, I think a lot of people shed no tears that JFK got assassinated. However, I think Oswald acted alone.
alfus21 Wrote:I have heard there is a lot important information missing from the Warren Commission such as evidence from the FBI and CIA and that it is quite flawed. Do you have any knowledge of this or believe it to be fiction? I really don't know either way.

No investigation will ever have every piece of evidence and bit of information. Take a trial for instance, it is not needed to know everything as someone on the juror.. you just need to know the facts that prove without a doubt that the person committed the crime. And the Warren commission does this quite well.

The WC takes an event of only 5 seconds or so in length, and makes an 888 page report out of it, further releasing 26 volumes of records including documents, 552 depositions, 3100 exhibits, etc. While the Iraq Study group that studied information from the past 25 years leading up to the war in Iraq, was only 160 pages. The 9/11 commission report, investigating the attacks that nearly leveled our country, economy, and killed 3000 innocent people.. studied 15 years worth of information, and was 585 pages in length. These two massive studies and commissions final reports, total only 745 pages...

So to say that the Warren Commission was lacking in their depth, would be hard to swallow. Sure, there's probably a thing or two they missed. But if in a trial, someone confessed and there was video of the suspect committing the crime... how much more do we need to know? Even if it was something planned over the course of 10 years, and thousands of dollars..... as a juror you wouldn't need anything else to convict. Every piece of evidence in it points to LHO... From buying the gun, to being a sharp shooter, to killing a cop, to never saying he didn't kill the president, to being in the building the shots came from...

Let me show you a good picture of the 'magic bullet' that conspiracy theorists never seem to show on their shows, or in their books. They make it act as if this bullet hit JFK, a seat, a back, a leg, and a wrist.. and then comes out perfect as if it had never even been shot. Here is the picture they use.

[Image: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/ce399.jpg]

Here is a picture from the Warren Commission: (its the center section of the bullet, notice how mushroomed this bullet is. You will never see conspiracy theorists using this picture to prove their point. Which is exactly what makes a conspiracy theorist, a conspiracy theorist. They try to prove that there's more to the story. And in fact there is.. you're just not telling it.)

[Image: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/ce399.gif]

And plus, "MythBusters" proved it. Smile So I can't help but believe it now.
ronald_reagan Wrote:No investigation will ever have every piece of evidence and bit of information. Take a trial for instance, it is not needed to know everything as someone on the juror.. you just need to know the facts that prove without a doubt that the person committed the crime. And the Warren commission does this quite well.

The WC takes an event of only 5 seconds or so in length, and makes an 888 page report out of it, further releasing 26 volumes of records including documents, 552 depositions, 3100 exhibits, etc. While the Iraq Study group that studied information from the past 25 years leading up to the war in Iraq, was only 160 pages. The 9/11 commission report, investigating the attacks that nearly leveled our country, economy, and killed 3000 innocent people.. studied 15 years worth of information, and was 585 pages in length. These two massive studies and commissions final reports, total only 745 pages...

So to say that the Warren Commission was lacking in their depth, would be hard to swallow. Sure, there's probably a thing or two they missed. But if in a trial, someone confessed and there was video of the suspect committing the crime... how much more do we need to know? Even if it was something planned over the course of 10 years, and thousands of dollars..... as a juror you wouldn't need anything else to convict. Every piece of evidence in it points to LHO... From buying the gun, to being a sharp shooter, to killing a cop, to never saying he didn't kill the president, to being in the building the shots came from...

Let me show you a good picture of the 'magic bullet' that conspiracy theorists never seem to show on their shows, or in their books. They make it act as if this bullet hit JFK, a seat, a back, a leg, and a wrist.. and then comes out perfect as if it had never even been shot. Here is the picture they use.

[Image: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/ce399.jpg]

Here is a picture from the Warren Commission: (its the center section of the bullet, notice how mushroomed this bullet is. You will never see conspiracy theorists using this picture to prove their point. Which is exactly what makes a conspiracy theorist, a conspiracy theorist. They try to prove that there's more to the story. And in fact there is.. you're just not telling it.)

[Image: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/ce399.gif]

And plus, "MythBusters" proved it. Smile So I can't help but believe it now.

Interesting stuff, RR. While I think Oswald acted alone, I can see how it is hard to swallow that a guy like Oswald could kill the President of the United States. Osward, JW Boothe, Hinkley... disgruntled or crazy or both... Does it ever blow your mind that Hinkley shot the President to impress Jodi Foster? ****, that was even before Silence of the Lambs... ha ha
thecavemaster Wrote:Interesting stuff, RR. While I think Oswald acted alone, I can see how it is hard to swallow that a guy like Oswald could kill the President of the United States. Osward, JW Boothe, Hinkley... disgruntled or crazy or both... Does it ever blow your mind that Hinkley shot the President to impress Jodi Foster? ****, that was even before Silence of the Lambs... ha ha

Yeah, adn from what I've read about Jodi... she's not into guys. (and guys aren't IN to her either lol)
Phillip Fulmer killed JFK.
Oswald was a former United States Marine. Why couldn't he pull this off by himself. Marines aren't dumb, they are taught to kill and taught to be sneaky.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Phillip Fulmer killed JFK.

Smile
Redneck Wrote:Oswald was a former United States Marine. Why couldn't he pull this off by himself. Marines aren't dumb, they are taught to kill and taught to be sneaky.

to the best of my knowledge, he was a 'sharpshooter' as well...
ronald_reagan Wrote:to the best of my knowledge, he was a 'sharpshooter' as well...

I'm pretty sure you're right, almost positive.
I think LBJ had him killed.
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IMO, the Warren Commision is complete crap. I know Lee Harvey Oswald was the shooter, But I go by the House Commitee's conclusion that the Mafia was behind the killing.

Jack Ruby ran some of the Mafia's clubs in Dallas. He would hook the crooked cops of Dallas up with free women, free dinners, free booze, etc. He was the only mobster that had connections to the police...He hooked the cops up, the cops hooked him up. That is how he was able to be in and out of the police station the 2 days after JFK was killed. The mafia had it out for JFK for years...JFK's father was a part of the mob, heck, JFK was a bootlegger as a teenager. The Mafia helped JFK win the election by setting it up in WV and Illinois. A while after JFK was elected, him and Robert Kennedy starting prosecuting the mob. That ****ed them off. The southern mafia leader in New Orleans (something Marcello, forgot his name) said, "3 can keep a secret if 2 or dead". That saying went for Lee Harvey Oswald, who was killed by Jack Ruby. Jack Ruby has a terminal illness when he killed Oswald, and he died in jail, never having said a word about the assassination. The other, Robert Kennedy, was the other person that that quote was for. He dropped all charges against anything Mafia related after JFK was killed and he also let Marcello come back into the country, a few months earlier he had had him deported. The mafia knew that he would never say anything about the mob being behind JFK's murder because it would bring his whole family down...remember, the Kennedy's were a mob family.
ronald_reagan Wrote:Who killed JFK? and why? State your case, and lets have a vote on it later.
I bet it was a Republican lol.
vundy33,

the HSCA didn't come to the conclusion that kennedy was killed by the mafia. in fact they conclude that organized crime was not involved, but left open the possibility of inidividual member(s) maybe being involved, just as they said was possible of anti-castro groups. they also said erroneously that there 4 shots from 2 locations. this has since been debunked based upon new testimony from gov. connelly wife, and better analysis of the one piece of evidence they used for this conclusion.. the Dictabelt recording of supposedly a 'stuck' transmitter on a motorcycle. However after enhancement of the recording, it was found to have been recording 1 minute after the shots were fired because of background noise of a transmission KNOWN by all to have been made 1 minute later. This is supported by the findings of the National Academy of Science. Further, only 5 witnesses out of hundreds said that shots came from both locations.

They also said that the fbi, ss, cia, governments of the ussr, usa, cuba, where not involved in any fashion.
You have a source?
Hah, nevermind. I found a source. I still think that all of the evidence leads up to the mafia...It might not be physical proof, but with all of the crap the Kennedy family were tied up in and how they screwed the mafia, IMO it has to be them.
vundy33 Wrote:You have a source?

yes, i'm sorry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_Selec...ssinations

this is a brief overview of their findings.

(ps. i wasn't calling you out or anything. and i think you'll find this interesting.)

if you'd like to read the full report (rather lengthy) you can go here:

http://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/sel...ee-report/

and if you'd like to read the nas report on the acoustic evidence, you can go here:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/acoustic.htm
Yes thats where I found it, wikipedia.
my own personal belief is that Oswald acted alone and did so as a Communist sympathizer. there's plenty of evidence that he was... one very interesting thing though.... not related to oswald...

these were posted all over dallas the day before kennedy was shot...

[Image: http://www.john-f-kennedy.net/wantedfortreason.jpg]
I think it was a huge conspiracy to have him killed. We just watched a video over it in history and with all the questions and facts that are not explained such as why the body was moved in the flight from TX to washington and all the other things. It just seems to easy to say it was one shooter.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I think it was a huge conspiracy to have him killed. We just watched a video over it in history and with all the questions and facts that are not explained such as why the body was moved in the flight from TX to washington and all the other things. It just seems to easy to say it was one shooter.

What do you mean?
Where did my post go?
What post?
It was Jr Hatfield not Oswald and he did it because of Jakie O! Pure jealousy no political motive whatsoever. His obsession drove him to it and then when Ruby killed Lee it just swayed so much attention that they never pursued Hatfield.
Pirate1983TitanDad2006 Wrote:It was Jr Hatfield not Oswald and he did it because of Jakie O! Pure jealousy no political motive whatsoever. His obsession drove him to it and then when Ruby killed Lee it just swayed so much attention that they never pursued Hatfield.

huh?
Just throwing you a curve. Smile
Pirate1983TitanDad2006 Wrote:Just throwing you a curve. Smile

oh.