Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Central 27 Belfry 17 - Louisville Central AAA State Champs
final
Congrats Louisville Central on your Frist State Championship
congrats central..

both teams played really good.

Belfry just didnt make conversions when they needed them most.

But keep your heads up, you had an awesome season! :Thumbs:
I called this one, I was right!
Congrats Central and Congrats Belfry on a great season!!!
Congrats Belfry on a great season.
I am so proud of our Pirates for a wonderful season. Keep your heads up. You will always be a class act. I love you guys!!!
WOW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats all I can say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did not see this but this game reminds me alot of the Russell -Mercer game last year. Same type of match up,,speed vs POWER..........
Hard to keep speed from getting by ya, hard to stop power..
Even with 5 turnovers Belfry could not hang on... I am devestated for them...........
BUT HEY
Lord they return everybody but MAY for next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Great win for CENTRAL,, some knew you would do it. I for one DID NOT !!!!!!! Great Game..
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
yea but its a shame May was a great player and leader on that football team. so someone will have to step-up in order to get the pirates back to Papa Johns next year!
I think you guys will do fine for next year. Even with May gone,,, just like us, Even with Tyler gone we should be a better team with more experience next year.
Sorry you are from Pikeville, you guys will be tough too, Sorry....
Congrats Belfry on a great season. Keep your heads up
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
If...Then Wrote:Yea but its a shame May was a great player and leader on that football team. So someone will have to step-up in order to get the pirates back to Papa Johns next year!

Ivan lee is going to fill that spot and I have to say that kid is huge. Belfry should take it next year, Central got Belfry down early and Belfry isn't use to playing from behind.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Sorry you are from Pikeville, you guys will be tough too, Sorry....

huh?
bac2369 Wrote:Ivan lee is going to fill that spot. and i have to say that kid is huge. belfry should take it next year, Central got belfry down early and belfry isnt use to playing from behind.

Thats who I thought would take over.

Isn't Marvin from Pikeville his cousin? Cause I hear he is moving to FB also.
Well I just got back to my apartment from the game and here are a few thoughts. Central shut down Belfry in the first half. They only had 40 yards rushing and 2 first downs. When Belfry picked the pass off with about 10 seconds to go in the half they should have took a knee. Instead, they drop back for a pass and Central picks it off and takes it to the house. No one can complain about the refs they let them play. Belfry got away with several facemasks and Central got away with an obvious late hit on their sideline when a kid was knocked through the padded sponsor board. Dustin May getting hurt in the third hurt the rushing attack a little. He came back in but you could tell he wasn't the same. He got stood up a couple of times and was trying to drive his body forward with his left leg. I think Louisville Central was fortunate on the call when Belfry fumbled inside the 20 with about 5 minutes to go. I had a pretty good look at it, the jumbo-screen replay proved that his knee was down and the ground caused the fumble. I really hate it for Belfry that they lost but they had a great year. The Belfry faithful doubled the number of Louisville Central fans. Best of luck to the Pirates next year and hopefully May's injury isn't serious.
Congrats Louisville Central. Congrats Belfry.
Congratulations Louisville Central, and Belfry you guys had a great season, better luck next year.
Gongrats on a good season Pirates. The pick returned for a TD right before the half was the turning point of the game IMO.
Congrats Louisville Central...Congrats Belfry you had a great season!!!!!!!
I'm proud of the pirates as always, keep proving the mountains strong in the future too boys.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:i'm proud of the pirates as always, keep proving the mountains strong in the future too boys.

Me too! Eastern KY has been showing the rest of the state just how atheltically talented we really are lately! Belfry owns in football, and the Lady Hawks were astounding at Bowling Green. I hope everyone can keep improving and keep getting better so we can get the recognition we need!

So proud of the Pirates!! TongueirateSho
It was a great game. Belfry was just dominating in the first half. Then the very last play of the first half, the QB for Belfry threw an int and Central returned it all the way back to take the lead 14-10 at the half. To me, it looked like Belfry had given up. But they did play hard and I congratulate them on an amazing season. Best of luck to Belfry in 2008. And congrats to the new AAA state champions. You all played your hearts out.
I just got back from the game.Central was a very fast, athletic, and pretty good sized team. Belfry just couldn't get there run game going the way it has been the whole year. The Pirates did have some dropped deep passes as well. Central committed a ton of turnovers and Belfry should have blew them out IMO but they just couldn't convert.

Great season Belfry and keep your heads up.
Johnson Central blows Louisville Central out. Belfry manhandles Johnson Central, then............... Louisville Central beats Belfry.

Go figure.

Congratulations Belfry on a great season. No denying you were the class team in the mountains this year.
I picked Belfry and I was pulling for them but I can't say this suprises me. I took alot of flack last week for saying that the Belfry offense wasn't special and that they were not heads and tails above the rest of 3A. In the semi's they got the best matchup possible for them. And Breathitt got its worst possible matchup.

Belfry's defense was still the best there was in 3A. They were awsome. But at some point in the season you knew there would be a game that the breaks would not go there way. Unfortunately it was in the state championship game. Still a great year and I really hope for a Belfry / Russell matchup in the playoffs next season.

Hats of to Central. They played the toughest schedule in the state of any school in any class and perserviered. They took their lumps but in the end they reaped the rewards. They were ready for anything and it payed off with a state title.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Johnson Central blows Louisville Central out. Belfry manhandles Johnson Central, then............... Louisville Central beats Belfry.

Go figure.

Congratulations Belfry on a great season. No denying you were the class team in the mountains this year.
Its all about the matchups and the bounces the ball may take. Never try to pick games judging by scores of other opponents.
Tongueuke: This crow tastes terrible.
Nothin to hang your heads about Pirates, you had a great season.
I'm dissapointed...so close to winning it and going undefeated. I don't know how they let it slip away.