Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Championship Games - Public vs Private - 2007
Hey gang; Was noticing the breakdown of teams from each class for this weekend's chamionship and except for 6A, there are at least 1 public school in each class.

(Unless I've got 1 or 2 wrong - If so, someone please correct me)

So what do you think of their chances?

1A - Beechwood (Public) Vs. Lexington Christian Acad (Private)

2A - Ft. Campbell (Public) Vs. Newport Central Catholic (Private)

3A - Belfry (Public) Vs. Louisville Central (Private)

4A - Lone Oak (Public) Vs. Lexington Catholic (Private)

5A - Bowling Green (Public) Vs. Highlands (Public)

6A - Louisville St X (Private) Vs. Louisville Trinity (Private)
nice to see the publics getting the show..
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Russelldad Wrote:Hey gang; Was noticing the breakdown of teams from each class for this weekend's chamionship and except for 6A, there are at least 1 public school in each class.

1A - Beechwood (Public) Vs. Lexington Christian Acad (Private) The last time that i knew i thought beechwood was a private school ? I could be worng but i have never seen a class A school with 90 football players on a Class A team befor untill i had to play them when i went to Farview
red_devils_rule Wrote:1A - Beechwood (Public) Vs. Lexington Christian Acad (Private) The last time that i knew i thought beechwood was a private school ? I could be worng but i have never seen a class A school with 90 football players on a Class A team befor untill i had to play them when i went to Farview

Beechwood is a public school with a rich football tradition which results in the number of kids who come out and want to play for them.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Russelldad Wrote:Hey gang; Was noticing the breakdown of teams from each class for this weekend's chamionship and except for 6A, there are at least 1 public school in each class.

Sorry mang, Louisville Central is public, not private..
red_devils_rule Wrote:1A - Beechwood (Public) Vs. Lexington Christian Acad (Private) The last time that i knew i thought beechwood was a private school ? I could be worng but i have never seen a class A school with 90 football players on a Class A team befor untill i had to play them when i went to Farview

Beechwood is independent, but not private.. Sometimes people confuse the two
mrfootball03 Wrote:Beechwood is independent, but not private.. Sometimes people confuse the two

They both can go out an recruit...
kyr450 Wrote:They both can go out an recruit...
You cannot recruit public or private!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
A private school can recruit students... Do you not think the students they are recruiting are 9 times out of 10 athletes or really really smart???
Bylaw 10. Recruitment
Sec. 1) Foreword
Pupils (both domestic and foreign) at any grade level shall not
be recruited to a member school of the KHSAA for the purpose of
participating in athletics, including recruitment under the guise of
academics.
Sec. 2) Defi nition
Recruiting is defi ned as an act, on behalf of or for the benefi t of,
a school, which attempts to infl uence a student to transfer to a
member school for the purpose of participating in athletics. A
school offi cial utilizing an intermediary, such as, but not limited
to a peer, another school employee, a student, a parent or a
citizen, for the purpose of recruiting a student athlete shall be
in noncompliance.
b) An athletic coach or any other member of the school staff shall
not infl uence a student even if the student, his/her parents or
any intermediary from another school makes the initial contact.
In this situation, a coach or staff member (paid or unpaid) should
immediately refer the person(s) to the school principal.
c) Infl uencing a student shall include, but shall not be limited
to the promise or instilling the expectation of an athletic
advantage, playing time, employment of the student or his/her
parents or relatives, housing for the student or his/her parents,
scholarships or fi nancial aid for which other members of the
student body are not generally eligible, or any other material or
athletic reward for which other members of the student body
are not generally eligible.
Sec. 3) Penalty
Any representative of a member school knowingly allowing
the recruitment of a student for the purpose of participating in
athletics or who should have known of such recruitment shall
be guilty of willful neglect of duty, misconduct, and/or breach
of contract. Such shall apply not only to coaches, but also to
personnel supervising coaches, such as, but not limited to an
athletic director, an assistant principal, a principal, an assistant
superintendent, a superintendent or a school board member. This
regulation shall also apply to students or their parents.
(Case situations related to this bylaw appear on pages 19 through
43 of this Handbook)
YOU CANNOT RECRUIT!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
kyr450 Wrote:A private school can recruit students... Do you not think the students they are recruiting are 9 times out of 10 athletes or really really smart???

jgrubby is correct
kyr450 Wrote:They both can go out an recruit...

Be it public, private or independent they cannot recruit.
Kids will find away to play at a great system. No team or coach recruits.. but will not turn down a great transfer into the system either..
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
You can say all you want they dont recruit, I know first hand they do...
kyr450 Wrote:You can say all you want they dont recruit, I know first hand they do...

We are not saying that they don't recruit. We are saying it is against the KHSAA regulations to do so.

You brought up the fact that they can and that is incorrect.
kyr450 Wrote:You can say all you want they dont recruit, I know first hand they do...

so big boy, tell me how they recruit?..
you don't know first hand, and i know you don't..
so tell me this, how do you think you know?
Well it is against the bylaws to recruit, but we all know that it happens ?
Beechwood is like Belfry, only they've been doing it for longer. When you win, and win often, kids want to play at your school, regardless. Who wants to be the star of an 0-10 team when you can simply be a starter on a 15-0 team? We have a LOT of out of state students at Belfry, and for more than just football. Then again, Belfry is w/in half an hour of 4 WV high schools, and there are some kids for whom it's also closer to go to Belfry than navigate their way to their Mingo County school. They pay out of state tuition, like they should, and they are legally allowed to participate in extra curricular activities, such as sports.

I don't blame them a bit, I wish my dad had let ME go to Belfry when I was in HS like I was supposed to. But that was before the state championships even. I passed Belfry buses on my way to Williamson...

Plus, I have to be honest, my brother is getting a better education at Belfry than I did at Williamson. That alone would be enough for me to want my kids there. Who knows though, when the Mingo Consolidated school becomes a reality, that might flip flop.
^^^Beechwood is one of the top academic schools in the state, which is a big reason they get a lot of students from other districts.
I know people get recruited. I have to say, I bet 95% of the time the coaching staff or school employees are not involved with the recruiting. If you have a successful program, you dont need to recruit because the program itself will do it for you. For some programs, the schools themselfs can be the factor for a accusation of recruitment. Athletes that the parents are pretty sure are going to get a college scholarship might send their kids to a better academic school to make it easier on their kids when they get to college. But I really dont think that coaches will take a chance on getting their teams in trouble over one player. That goes the same for public, private, and independent school systems. The same rules apply for all schools.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
mrfootball03 Wrote:so big boy, tell me how they recruit?..
you don't know first hand, and i know you don't..
so tell me this, how do you think you know?

I know all about it, not on the football side, but on the Baseball end... They do it in all sports, its not only private schools though...
kyr450 Wrote:I know all about it, not on the football side, but on the Baseball end... They do it in all sports, its not only private schools though...

All schools may do it. But you made it a point to say private/independent schools can recruit. So in turn you just eliminated your purpose in the first place.
This is about the public versus the privates in football games.

Not about recruiting.

Get this ship righted please or it will go down.
Its like this, Some schools don't have to recruit, their name alone brings them there. The parents want only whats best for their kids. So why not send little johnny to a school who gets looked at by the larger college schools (D-1) more often. Rather than a hick town who only gets a coach who makes a few phone calls and thats it. The bigger cities of course have the media benifits. Names are seen more often. Therefore, parents move or send their kids to the private/public school which has already made their dynasty. We have only one thing to do is get batter at these sports to compete. Which we are! True the odds of private vs public don't match, but it all goes back to those schools which already made a name for themselves.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Midee1 Wrote:This is about the public versus the privates in football games.

Not about recruiting.

Get this ship righted please or it will go down.

Thank you Midee1. I was just asking about the chances in each class of the public school winning versus the private school.

I was corrected about Louisville Central being public, so that being said, we can guarantee then 2 of the 6 winners being public schools (3A and 5A). So taking 6A out of the eqation, what does everyone else think?

Here are my predictions

1A - Beechwood (public)
2A - Newport CC (private)
3A - Belfry (public)
4A - Lexington CC (private)
5A - Highlands (public)
6A - St X (private)

3 out of 6. Not too bad. If we get more than that a bonus IMO.