Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Shelby Valley Have A Close Game In The Region?
Watched Valley tonight looked great! I think they may win the region easy!
It's posts like this that make everyone else hate your team... If you remember correctly Valley started off last season tremendously hot, but didn't play all that well after the loss to Hazard. Who's to say that the same thing won't happen this season???
Shelby Valley may be the best team in the 15th Region but I don't think they they'll blow out everyone. The Wildcats will not sneak up on too many teams this season like last, and they will have a target on there back this year also, which means that they'll gonna get each teams best night in and night out.
IMO If Shelby Valley plays every game like they did tonight, yes they could win easily, but I dont think that they can play that good day in and day out. Prestonsburg may have something to say about how the region goes as well.
Valley is good but they arent good enough to blow every team in the region out. I honestly dont think they will be heading to state again this year.
Valley will absolutely have close games within the region this year. For one thing, they may end up playing up to 5 games against Pikeville this year, all of which should be great games and could go either way.

There will be other games that will be difficult as well. Not sure how the bracket sets up, but I suppose Valley could end up playing Paintsville in the All-A tournament. Also, a tough game at Pike Central looms, as well as road games at Betsy Layne and Johnson Central.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Valley is hands down the region favorite, but never has anyone dominated the 15th region. It is a long way from November to March!!
If Pikeville takes those same refs to every game then I would say you are right the games against Valley will be close, but if they get some really good honest refs then most of the games against Pikeville want be even close. IMO.
Is Valley in the ALL A this year? Because they weren't in it last year because of attendance going up.

More Cowbell Wrote:Valley will absolutely have close games within the region this year. For one thing, they may end up playing up to 5 games against Pikeville this year, all of which should be great games and could go either way.

There will be other games that will be difficult as well. Not sure how the bracket sets up, but I suppose Valley could end up playing Paintsville in the All-A tournament. Also, a tough game at Pike Central looms, as well as road games at Betsy Layne and Johnson Central.
Welp, they are didn't know that. We could possibly be seeing the matchup of the year if these two meet. Heres the link to the tournament teams: http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...=spec_4019

-STATS- Wrote:Is Valley in the ALL A this year? Because they weren't in it last year because of attendance going up.
Why would any team other than a class A team want to play in the all A tournament. I don't know if any other regions let teams in that are suppose to be in 2A play in their tournament's but the 15th does this every year. That's why this All A tournament is such a joke. If it's for Class A teams then only class A teams should participate.
kyrifle Wrote: Why would any team other than a class A team want to play in the all A tournament. I don't know if any other regions let teams in that are suppose to be in 2A play in their tournament's but the 15th does this every year. That's why this All A tournament is such a joke. If it's for Class A teams then only class A teams should participate.

Do what? All regions play by the same rule. When they look at numbes for schools they look from the SOPH. to Sr. classes. So a school with actual 600 kids would have maybe 425 kids. they don't include the FR. in the enrollment.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Do what? All regions play by the same rule. When they look at numbes for schools they look from the SOPH. to Sr. classes. So a school with actual 600 kids would have maybe 425 kids. they don't include the FR. in the enrollment.
Then why not change the name of the tournament and call it pre state tournament instead of All A, which should mean only class A teams play in it. When this tournament began, and really meant something, only class A teams were allowed. I think as the tournament got a little age with it people lost interest in it and the tournament officials had to find a way to get more revenue into it so they opened it up to almost every team that want's to play. Personally I was just interested to know why a team that isn't considered to be in this classification would want to participate in it.
I personally don't like classification tournaments. I think every team should be playing.
The Private Wrote:Watched Valley tonight looked great! I think they may win the region easy!

We know, we know----Valley will win every game in the Region with no trouble at all. In fact, it wouldn't surpise anyone if they didn't even have to play their starters in the Regional finals!!!!!!
Do we really have to go through this again...........
kyrifle Wrote:Then why not change the name of the tournament and call it pre state tournament instead of All A, which should mean only class A teams play in it. When this tournament began, and really meant something, only class A teams were allowed. I think as the tournament got a little age with it people lost interest in it and the tournament officials had to find a way to get more revenue into it so they opened it up to almost every team that want's to play. Personally I was just interested to know why a team that isn't considered to be in this classification would want to participate in it.
I personally don't like classification tournaments. I think every team should be playing.

I agree with you that only true Class A teams should be allowed to play in it. Knott Central was in it last year. They had around 650 kids.
Yes Valley will have some close games in the region.
they'll def. have a close game in region....with Pikeville!
Actually there has been a change in the way teams are considered participants for the 2008 All "A" Classic. Cannot find the specific link but the Classic is allowing more teams to participate this year. With all the consolidation taking place throughout the state, the field of eligible teams has been steadily decreasing.

However, SV still would have been All "A" for 2008 regardless of the new rules. They are under 425 students in grades 10-12.
Posts like this and the players at Valley hearing this all year round is what will get you sent home early. Of course they will have close games, they are good but they are not that good.
I was told Elisha Justice stole the ball and dunked it.

Is this true?
kyrifle Wrote:Then why not change the name of the tournament and call it pre state tournament instead of All A, which should mean only class A teams play in it. When this tournament began, and really meant something, only class A teams were allowed. I think as the tournament got a little age with it people lost interest in it and the tournament officials had to find a way to get more revenue into it so they opened it up to almost every team that want's to play. Personally I was just interested to know why a team that isn't considered to be in this classification would want to participate in it.

What is your problem with Shelby Valley? SV isn't bending any rules, and neither is the 15th region. If they didn't meet criteria to be considered a class "A" team, then they wouldn't be allowed in the tournament. There is an enrollment cap, and any school under that cap is eligible. The reason why Valley isn't always in the All A is that their enrollment is usually right around the cutoff point, some years it's above and some it's below. Apparently this year it's below. Plus, I think you may be confusing football classifications with that for basketball. As some have mentioned earlier in this thread, there are separate guidelines for what constitutes a class A team in the eyes of the All A Classic.

As for why they would want to be in the tournament, why not? They get to play games in a tournament setting against competitive teams in Pikeville and Paintsville. Then, if they advance to the state All A tourney, they will play even more strong competition. So I see no drawback to participating, and I hope they do so every year they are allowed.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
shelby valley should win every game they play this year :Cheerlead
I think that Shelby Valley is just too much for other teams in the region to handle. If they come to play every night and don't overlook teams I don't think they will lose a region game.
I don't have any problems with SV. I think they are the best team in the 15th region. I expect them to go to the big dance in March.
If...Then Wrote:I was told Elisha Justice stole the ball and dunked it.

Is this true?

No, that's not true....
One thing about it, Elisha has bulked up from last season. He looks like he has hit the weight room hard. :Thumbs:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I agree with you that only true Class A teams should be allowed to play in it. Knott Central was in it last year. They had around 650 kids.

and they got beat up on by buckhorn in the all a if im not mistaken
Cougarfan25 Wrote:and they got beat up on by buckhorn in the all a if im not mistaken

What is your problem? I was only talking about schools and the All A. And, yes Buckhorn won by 11.