Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Big Man in the Mtns.
bobby1 Wrote:Richard squats around 700 lbs how much did you say the other kid does.
700 Lbs! What's his height and weight? I want to see this kid.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:As far as the football players like Dustin pushing around the taller skinnier players, I was thinking back to last season. Not this one coming up. No one knows what will happen this season yet. But the last time that Dustin and Deven matched up, Deven won that contest. Deven took away Belfrys inside game. Most of all in the 3rd quarter. I dont know if that will happen this year or not, we will find out Dec. 14th.

I am curious if this Adams kid is kin to you by chance????
Elwayfan Wrote:700 Lbs! What's his height and weight? I want to see this kid.

I agree!!!
uk96 Wrote:I am curious if this Adams kid is kin to you by chance????

Yes. Adams is his son. I've watched him play since his days at Osborne in Floyd County. He has greatly improved over the last few years. As far as being the Best Bigman, only time will tell.

I'm also guessing that Bobby1 has some close connection to Caudill.
As far as I can remember, Caudill hasn't played since middle school. He was a talented player then and he did well during summer ball this year. He may need some "adjusting" once the season gets started-but he should do well.

When you say "bigman" are you considering all who play a certain position, or just those who are over a specifc height?

Good Luck to Caudill and Adams this season.
bobby1 Wrote:Richard squats around 700 lbs how much did you say the other kid does.

Smile
uk96 Wrote:I am curious if this Adams kid is kin to you by chance????

Yes, he is my son. But I got cut on to much at the start of this thread by saying I only knew of 3 big min in the mountians. I dont think 6'3 to 6'5" is a big man. Just because someone is the tallest on their team doesnt mean they are one. I personally think to be considered a big man, you would have the ability to play one at the next level.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Yes, he is my son. But I got cut on to much at the start of this thread by saying I only knew of 3 big min in the mountians. I dont think 6'3 to 6'5" is a big man. Just because someone is the tallest on their team doesnt mean they are one. I personally think to be considered a big man, you would have the ability to play one at the next level.

A lawyer says you never ask a question you dont know the answer to. I already knew the answer to this but you must understand that when you brag on your kid it doesnt mean as much as when other people do because you are probably a little biased. I have actually watched your son play and I thought he improved alot last year and I am sure that he will finish his high school strong and have a great college career at some level. I believe you would be better served to just let Devin take care of himself and he will do just fine. I wish him the best in his career and I am sure he will make East Ky proud...
uk96 Wrote:A lawyer says you never ask a question you dont know the answer to. I already knew the answer to this but you must understand that when you brag on your kid it doesnt mean as much as when other people do because you are probably a little biased. I have actually watched your son play and I thought he improved alot last year and I am sure that he will finish his high school strong and have a great college career at some level. I believe you would be better served to just let Devin take care of himself and he will do just fine. I wish him the best in his career and I am sure he will make East Ky proud...

BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Yes, he is my son. But I got cut on to much at the start of this thread by saying I only knew of 3 big min in the mountians. I dont think 6'3 to 6'5" is a big man. Just because someone is the tallest on their team doesnt mean they are one. I personally think to be considered a big man, you would have the ability to play one at the next level.

Brag on him all you want unlike what some people think. He means the world to you so be it. talk about him and some of us will listen. I'm not going to call you biased because I don't know you. He is a good player that should be better this year.
I may be a little biased, but that doesnt change the fact that Dev completely took Belfry out of their inside game the last time the two teams met up. Dustin May is a very strong player. But he is also more of a football player than a basketball player. Belfrys plan for the third quarter was to pound the ball inside and get him in foul trouble. Instead, Dev had 5 or 6 blocked shots in the first half of the 3rd alone.

As far as "Buttermilk" is concerned, I can say the same thing. The last time they played, Pikeville owned the inside. Buttermilk took his inside game outside. He did hit a couple outside shots, but no way did he dominate the post play like it is being predicted that he will when they play again.

I will also admit that the next time they match up, either Dustin or Buttermilk, it may be a different outcome. But as of now, it really cant be said with anything to back it up. I just wonder if the people posting actually watched the last time the two teams played. If not, let me know, I have it on dvd and then they could make a post after watching the matchups.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Very few mountain teams have an actual "big man". Sure, if you're 6'4 or 6'5 in the mountains you may be a dominant post player, but look what happens if you get to the next level. All of your life you've been a post player, and a "big man" so to speak, but it seems like now, most point guards are that height or taller. That's why most of them sit the bench after high school.
I know that some of you people remember Charles Barkley 6'4" and Chuck Hayes 6'5" they both played at major colleges and they both played or play in the pros. So I dont think that you have to be 6'6" or taller to play inside.
I said most, but for the record they were both 6'6

Redneck Wrote:Smile

The scary part is, it's true. He did go about 265 lbs. and can dunk. Now thats leg power.
Football Frenzy Wrote:Very few mountain teams have an actual "big man". Sure, if you're 6'4 or 6'5 in the mountains you may be a dominant post player, but look what happens if you get to the next level. All of your life you've been a post player, and a "big man" so to speak, but it seems like now, most point guards are that height or taller. That's why most of them sit the bench after high school.
That is the same thing I said on page 1 of this thread. IMO, there are very very few big men in the mountians. Every team has a big man on their team, but that doesnt make them true big men. I dont consider anything under 6'6" or maybe even 6'7" a true big man. Any smaller than that, then most likely you will be considered a guard in the next level. Even at a NAIA school. Yes, there are exceptions, but reality is there isnt another Sir Charles playing in the hills of Eastern Kentucky at this time.
No they werent i remember when Charles Barkley was at Auburn he was only 6'4" and Chuck Hayes was only 6'5" everyone no's that also.
I watched the Pikeville game and Buttermilk had 20 points and 11 rebounds. I consider that a pretty good night against a so called big man.
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:I agree!!!

Richard (BUTTERMILK) Caudill is 6'5" and 240 lbs.
bobby1 Wrote:No they werent i remember when Charles Barkley was at Auburn he was only 6'4" and Chuck Hayes was only 6'5" everyone no's that also.

here u are good sir.....check out the right panel for both

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Barkley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Hayes
I have and they are wrong I have there stats from when they were freshman it says as I said. When a player goes to college they make them taller than they actually are. Everyone no's that every college does that.
bobby1 Wrote:I have and they are wrong I have there stats from when they were freshman it says as I said. When a player goes to college they make them taller than they actually are. Everyone no's that every college does that.

These measurements are from the NBA. Why would they be wrong? In an earlier post I said in most cases. Lets say they are under 6'6 (but they're not) then they would fall under the small percentage of exceptions. And as someone else said, there are no players like this in the mountains....
bobby1 Wrote:I have and they are wrong I have there stats from when they were freshman it says as I said. When a player goes to college they make them taller than they actually are. Everyone no's that every college does that.
some people continue growing after their freshmen year, you are only 18 or 19 at that time.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:some people continue growing after their freshmen year, you are only 18 or 19 at that time.

Perfect example is Micheal Jordan.
bobby1 Wrote:No they werent i remember when Charles Barkley was at Auburn he was only 6'4" and Chuck Hayes was only 6'5" everyone no's that also.

Charles Barkley has said that he was truly about 6'41/2"
Unless Sir Charles re-enrolled into high school during the summer or something, it is enough talk about him in a high school thread.
Devens 19 point performance over Knott Countys Buttermilk's 6 points.

Buttermilk of KCC 10 points Devens of Pikeville 10 points congrats to both on an equal and well matched game.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Buttermilk of KCC 10 points Devens of Pikeville 10 points congrats to both on an equal and well matched game.
Video shows different than what Bobby1 made up in the other thread.
Dustin Day - Pineville
Garrison Collins - JBS
Devan Adams - Pikeville
these three are good big men who have a future in college basketball if they work hard enough.
Benchwarmer Wrote:The scary part is, it's true. He did go about 265 lbs. and can dunk. Now thats leg power.
Why isnt he in the center court circle for the jumpball? Instead of being outside it waiting for the tip. Oh, jumping up, laying the ball over the rim and pulling the rim down isnt a dunk... just thought you would like to know.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Why isnt he in the center court circle for the jumpball? Instead of being outside it waiting for the tip. Oh, jumping up, laying the ball over the rim and pulling the rim down isnt a dunk... just thought you would like to know.

Get off my back. A parent on here trying to get under the skin of kids. Great role model.