Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
93.55%
Somerset Briar Jumpers
6.45%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Somerset - AAA Region 3 Championship
Who wins?
Belfry
The Un-stopable Force Meets the Immovable Object.
It's a little early for a prediction....but it'll be interesting to see how Somerset deals with Belfry's running game.
Belfry by 14.
If Corbin can put up 50 on the Jumpers then so should we, even if Somerset DOES sneak in some points. Depends on how things match up. I hear Somerset has a D1 prospect WR, and that could be trouble depending on how we line up on him.

W/o a doubt, we'll have to put pressure on the QB, and Mick will have to cut Maydo and Charlie loose on some blitzes. I think this week would be a good time to put in some stunt blitzes for our D, since we won't have to worry about the Jumpers' running game.
BELFRY :redboxer:
Belfry
Belfry will thrash them in impressive fashion. It will resemble a game between men and boys.............kind of like the Bengals up against the rest of the NFL...........LOL
I think Belfry beats them 56-21. GO PIRATES!
Belfry by at least 3 TDs

PIRATES 35
JUMPERS 14
Somerset should be able to squeak a few touchdowns in on the Pirates but the Pirates will just be too much for the Jumpers. Good Luck to both.

Belfry- 42
Somerset- 21

GO PIRATES!
What teams could either Belfry or Somerset see after this game?
The winner of this game will face the Breathitt/Russell winner...
Belfry big.
Go Pirates!
Belfry- 45
Somerset- 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
The Pirates win 35-7
Sarrr Wrote:If Corbin can put up 50 on the Jumpers then so should we, even if Somerset DOES sneak in some points. Depends on how things match up. I hear Somerset has a D1 prospect WR, and that could be trouble depending on how we line up on him.

W/o a doubt, we'll have to put pressure on the QB, and Mick will have to cut Maydo and Charlie loose on some blitzes. I think this week would be a good time to put in some stunt blitzes for our D, since we won't have to worry about the Jumpers' running game.

John Cole--verbal to Vandy...here is a link on him. He's got some big numbers.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/dem...0Cole.html
Belfry advances..
Belfry 56
Somerset 18
Belfry by 14
I'm picking Belfry. Hope they can pull it out!
Belfry- 56
Somerset- 21 only because John Cole
Somerset causes quite a few matchup problems, and Cole is the best football player we will see this season lined up across from the Big Red. Will be intersting to see Elkins gets to play CB or not, the passing game has definately been the only apparent weakness Belfry has had this year, and Somerset passes better than anyone we have seen.

Somerset's defense hss been torched twice, but both games were against balanced offenses that can run and pass (Corbin/Pulaski County)... they haven't faced a true "Power" team, maybe they will matchup better when the field isn't spread.
Belfry wins this one big The only team left i could see beating them is the Bobcats.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry by 4 TD's.
Belfry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
B H S TongueirateSho
I say the Pirates.
Of course we cheer for Belfry. so go Pirates.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "