Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 38 Shelby Valley 0
Another shut out victory for the cats!!
Way to go P'Burg !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I remember a parent telling mine 2 years ago to go ahead and reserve hotel rooms in Louisville for this year cause Valley was going to state. So you guys are telling me in your final game we couldn't score a point? Sounds like someones priorities weren't in the right place. Congrats Prestonsburg.
good season valley, but congrats pburg!
If it makes you feel any better, it was only 7-0 at the half. Turnovers killed SV. A couple were deep in their own territory, a blocked punt at the 10, an int returned for a TD, etc. SV's D was still tough this game. Just mostly offensive mistakes by SV.
way to go P-Brug
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I remember a parent telling mine 2 years ago to go ahead and reserve hotel rooms in Louisville for this year cause Valley was going to state. So you guys are telling me in your final game we couldn't score a point? Sounds like someones priorities weren't in the right place. Congrats Prestonsburg.

Prestonsburg is just a better team. Simple as that. Priorities or not they win this game 10 out of 10 times.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Prestonsburg's has one of the better defenses in the mountains. Good Job P-burg!
I heard on the radio that only 2 teams in 2A have given up fewer points than P-burg this year. Pretty great statistic right there. Defense wins championships.
Congratulations to Prestonsburg on a good win. I had expected a large win for the Blackcats such as this, although I didn't expect Valley to be shut out again (especially considering Morgan was able to score a TD last week). Oh well, offense wasn't SV's strong point all year. P-Burg was flat out the better team.

I will be rooting for you guys from here on out. Represent the mountains well, I would love to see P-Burg in the Pizza Pit!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great job P-burg!
I will say this about Valley, this is probably the best defensive team they have ever had. Prestonsburg has really struggled against them this year. I don't know how many guys return next year for them, but if most return then watch out for Valley next year.
BCF4L Wrote:I will say this about Valley, this is probably the best defensive team they have ever had. Prestonsburg has really struggled against them this year. I don't know how many guys return next year for them, but if most return then watch out for Valley next year.

Valley loses way too many starters for next years team to be as good as this years. This year they lose Quarterback/Safety Tyler Johnson, RB/LB Jonah Justice, RB/LB Brock Kinney, OL/DL Daniel Gillespie, TE/DL Justin Tackett, WR/DB Chris Adkins, WR/DB Lucas Simpkins, and WR/DB Paul Boyd. So Valley on offense loses their starting QB, FB, One of the HB's, Both WR's, and a Linemen, that's a **** of a lot to replace. Valley isn't the type like Belfry, they can't just reload, I look for Valley to fair a lot worse in the next few years.
I really thought this was going to be a dog fight after watching the first half, but Prestonsburg made adjustments at the half and came out and really just made the plays. I give alot of credit to both Derossett's as they made great calls on both sides of the ball. Allen Craynon, Seth Setser both had real nice game, and its good to finally see Taylor Clark make a big play on defense and return an interception for a touchdown, also TE Matt Blevins had a real nice reception in the first half that lead to Prestonsburg's first touchdown. For Shelby Valley, Brock Kenny and Jonah Justice are hoss cats and both played there butts off for 48 minutes, those two and a few more SV players are very gifted.

WAY TO GO BLACKCATS!!!

FYI, DeSales did win tonight and Prestonsburg will have to travel to Louisville's DuPont Manuel High School next Friday to take on DeSales.
Real close game early, but the Blackcat D was just too much when it was all said and done.

Lets Go Cats, Were Going to Louisville.
Congrats Blackcats!! Keep it up.
Congrats Pburg and Congrats to Valley on a history season getting their 1st playoff win ever.
alfus21 Wrote:Prestonsburg is just a better team. Simple as that. Priorities or not they win this game 10 out of 10 times.

Hah, you can't say that Valley would get beat 10 out of 10 times when a team like Perry Central comes in and beats PBurg.
Congrats Prestonsburg.
vundy33 Wrote:Hah, you can't say that Valley would get beat 10 out of 10 times when a team like Perry Central comes in and beats PBurg.

Once again, irregardless PCC is a 5A Team with 3 1,000 Yard players, whom are offensive minded team who score many points.
WAY TO GO CATS :Thumbs:
Good Job Blackcats
Way to go Blackcats, All your hard work is paying off.
Keep up with the good work and get ready for next week.
Way to go Cats!!!!!
Your offense is lookin great with Burchett in as QB & the defense is the toughest in the mountains.
Keep up the good work!!!!:worthy:
vundy33 Wrote:Hah, you can't say that Valley would get beat 10 out of 10 times when a team like Perry Central comes in and beats PBurg.

Yeah, I think Perry Central is a little ahead of Valley though. But you have a point.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats P-Burg
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Valley loses way too many starters for next years team to be as good as this years. This year they lose Quarterback/Safety Tyler Johnson, RB/LB Jonah Justice, RB/LB Brock Kinney, OL/DL Daniel Gillespie, TE/DL Justin Tackett, WR/DB Chris Adkins, WR/DB Lucas Simpkins, and WR/DB Paul Boyd. So Valley on offense loses their starting QB, FB, One of the HB's, Both WR's, and a Linemen, that's a **** of a lot to replace. Valley isn't the type like Belfry, they can't just reload, I look for Valley to fair a lot worse in the next few years.

Valley also back a bunch of starters plus Corey Mullins and Antohny Damron.. Lose the starting QB is going to hurt them that much?

Congrats Prestonsburg on a hard fought victory. The passing plays that led to nothing in the 2nd quarter killed Valley. Once again they would run it down the field and try to throw it deep inside the 30.
Keep winning P-burg
Good win for Prestonsburg and there second straight shutout against Valley.
Yeah maybe out of those 10 times, Valley might actually score. Their 0-2 right now. Confusedhh: Big Grin
EastKySports21 Wrote:Valley also back a bunch of starters plus Corey Mullins and Antohny Damron.. Lose the starting QB is going to hurt them that much?

Congrats Prestonsburg on a hard fought victory. The passing plays that led to nothing in the 2nd quarter killed Valley. Once again they would run it down the field and try to throw it deep inside the 30.
Keep winning P-burg

Valley is losing 6 starters on offense. Yes, that is going to hurt them a lot. Like I said, they don't just reload, their QB has started for 3 years now, that's hard to replace.