Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maroon Madness
So what did people think about Pikeville's up coming teams?
With the ones that are playing basketball now, Pikeville could be a very quick team. Bring in the players that will be here after the last football game. They will be a dangerous team when they are all playing the way they can.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
They'll be good. Without Harmon, I don't think they could be on Valley's level, but they'll be good.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:They'll be good. Without Harmon, I don't think they could be on Valley's level, but they'll be good.
This doesnt have anything to do with Valley. They should have their own madness.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:This doesnt have anything to do with Valley. They should have their own madness.

Why did you quote me? This asked how Pikeville's teams would do, and I said they will do good, but with the loss of Harmon they wont be on the level with Valley, that's a fair observation, so what's your problem, already trying to throw this off topic?
You guys are working on getting this one closed as well.
I'm not, i stated why my post was accurate with the thread, I wasn't throwing anything off topic.
SV doesnt have anything to do with Pikevilles upcoming teams. I think the thread is referring to the JV, Freshman, and girls teams.
Pikeville may be getting into the situation where they have so many players that are capable of contributing, but not enough time to keep all of them happy.
I think there will be subs moving in and out all game long. A surprise to me is how far Tibbs has come along in just a little while. I think it will be a typical Pikeville team sense Coach Williams has taken over. They will get all over you on defense. This team will be quicker and more aggressive on offense and defense both. The difference between this year and last years team is there are more shooters on this team.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I think there will be subs moving in and out all game long. A surprise to me is how far Tibbs has come along in just a little while. I think it will be a typical Pikeville team sense Coach Williams has taken over. They will get all over you on defense. This team will be quicker and more aggressive on offense and defense both. The difference between this year and last years team is there are more shooters on this team.
They also need to be improved on rebounding and passing. If they can make big strides from last year in these two categories, then they should be able to be in the hunt for district and region. Pikeville has been a terrible rebounding team for the last 3 years and they are one of the worst passing teams I've seen. Harmon was their best passer by far and probably their best rebounder, even at his height. I hope some of the other players will step up and help the team in these areas. If not, this season will more than likely turnout like last year and maybe not quite as good.
The panthers have a pretty impresive coaching staff.
Coach Williams has done a wonderful job with the program at Pikeville. With the style he intends on playing it wont matter much who starts. there will be plenty of playing time to go around with this young group I expect great things from this TEAM. The older players like Jordan Bell and Tim Honaker Will make great Senior leaders for this unit. They are team players and love coach williams and his system they will make sure that there is no problems with team unity. T his team:Cheerlead will be improved in every phase of the game.
thepharmacist Wrote:The panthers have a pretty impresive coaching staff.

Coach Williams is a good coach.

I don't know about the assistants. There are many assistants better than Denny P. May.

Does Todd May still help?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Coach Williams is a good coach.

I don't know about the assistants. There are many assistants better than Denny P. May.

Does Todd May still help?

Along with Bart Williams, you have DP May, Todd May, and Lee Jones as assistant coaches. I disagree with you on the many assistants better than DP. He is a great asset to the Pikeville program.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Along with Bart Williams, you have DP May, Todd May, and Lee Jones as assistant coaches. I disagree with you on the many assistants better than DP. He is a great asset to the Pikeville program.
I agree!
Defensively, they are much better under Williams.
Offensively, It's the same scheme and plays that Thomas ran, with the exception of a few new plays that D.P. May added.
thepharmacist Wrote:Coach Williams has done a wonderful job with the program at Pikeville. With the style he intends on playing it wont matter much who starts. there will be plenty of playing time to go around with this young group I expect great things from this TEAM. The older players like Jordan Bell and Tim Honaker Will make great Senior leaders for this unit. They are team players and love coach williams and his system they will make sure that there is no problems with team unity. T his team:Cheerlead will be improved in every phase of the game.
Who are the first five subs, as of right now, for the Panthers?
Elwayfan Wrote:Who are the first five subs, as of right now, for the Panthers?

As of right now the 5 subs are....

Jordan Bell
Tibbs
Zach Ramey
Anthony Evans.
Cory brinker
Elwayfan Wrote:Who are the first five subs, as of right now, for the Panthers?
Their varsity starters isnt even picked yet because of all the players not being out yet. If the first 5 isnt set yet, how can you tell who the first 5 subs will be?
I was just saying as of right now. But it will change after football..