Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Coach At Lawrence
Assuming that Billy does not return next year, who should take over the reins at Lawrence County? Should they be a local, or someone outside the program?
Dixon, if he does not decide to leave as well.
Capt. DH Wrote:Dixon, if he does not decide to leave as well.
Are you crazy?
Jared Parker would be a choice for ya.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Capt. DH Wrote:Dixon, if he does not decide to leave as well.

What high school is Coach Dixon from?
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Jared Parker would be a choice for ya.

I agree but I really dont see him leaving UK, Also I think since one of his parents is on the BOE I dont think he could.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Will it benefit to lawrence's program?
I really think this was needed after the year they just had.
Joey Cecil would be a good head coach in my opinion, but he may like just being an assistant, wish he was still at Russell
lawrencefan Wrote:What high school is Coach Dixon from?

He has always coached at Lawrence County. He went to high school at Fairview and got his degree from Allice Lloyd college. In my opinion, not a good choice for a head coach. But, he is a fantastic motivator.
Great place for Jim Matney!
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Great place for Jim Matney!
HA HA HA!
You don't think he would make them a dandy coach? I think he's done an amazing job with jc... lc could certainly use him!
If Matney left JC, so would the majority of the players and coaching staff.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:If Matney left JC, so would the majority of the players and coaching staff.

That would be OK. They're mostly from Lawrence Co. anyway. Ha Ha. Just Kidding.
lawrencefan Wrote:What high school is Coach Dixon from?

Fairview Iplayed football with him.
Luke Salmons.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:If Matney left JC, so would the majority of the players and coaching staff.
Rolleyes
Yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense. It's so easy for all the players families to all sell their houses, all get new jobs, and all buy new houses just so they can play for a high school football coach.
lawrencefan Wrote:Assuming that Billy does not return next year, who should take over the reins at Lawrence County? Should they be a local, or someone outside the program?
It appears to me that the whole Lawrence school system is run by out of towners. So why take a chance on a local when you can get somebody from Pike County at a huge salary, give them a vehicle and expense account. That appears to be the board of education's secret formula to success.
Chester McCoy of Magoffin County would be a good choice... He has done a heck of a job at MCHS. imagine what he could accomplish at a Lawerence County
I have said it in several other post's and I will say it agian IMO it wouldn't matter who come's in to coach at LC untill thing's changs at the top they will stay the same at the bottom and I am talking about the administration at LC . I don't think it would matter if Phillp Haywood came here he couldn't get it done because you have to have support from the top . I said Mr. Haywood's name because I think he's the best in the state.:thumpsup: GO BELFRY :Clap:
IMO we would have seen a totally different Billy the past four years if we would have had a different admin dpartment . So we need to look at this change taking place then go out get us the best coach we can . That is if Billy doesn't want it any more.
Mr. 15th Region Wrote:Chester McCoy of Magoffin County would be a good choice... He has done a heck of a job at MCHS. imagine what he could accomplish at a Lawerence County

Are you serious?
Dawg Family Wrote:I have said it in several other post's and I will say it agian IMO it wouldn't matter who come's in to coach at LC untill thing's changs at the top they will stay the same at the bottom and I am talking about the administration at LC . I don't think it would matter if Phillp Haywood came here he couldn't get it done because you have to have support from the top . I said Mr. Haywood's name because I think he's the best in the state.:thumpsup: GO BELFRY :Clap:
IMO we would have seen a totally different Billy the past four years if we would have had a different admin dpartment . So we need to look at this change taking place then go out get us the best coach we can . That is if Billy doesn't want it any more.

Great points... one and all... just need to find out if Goldsmith wants out.... is he willing to hang on til a new administration can be placed. It's kinda raw to get on here and begin discussing successors when the coach hasn't left... I wouldn't like it. I don't believe he realized there would be as little support from within this time around... there certainly was plenty of supporters on hand the last time he was there. Maybe you should begin a thread in gen dis about getting a new super... if that's the problem.
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Great points... one and all... just need to find out if Goldsmith wants out.... is he willing to hang on til a new administration can be placed. It's kinda raw to get on here and begin discussing successors when the coach hasn't left... I wouldn't like it. I don't believe he realized there would be as little support from within this time around... there certainly was plenty of supporters on hand the last time he was there. Maybe you should begin a thread in gen dis about getting a new super... if that's the problem.

Well lets hope the guy at the top (admin) gets the job in Floyd Co. I hear he is in the top 5. I will come up there and tell them what a great guy there getting and support there hiring of him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:Well lets hope the guy at the top (admin) gets the job in Floyd Co. I hear he is in the top 5. I will come up there and tell them what a great guy there getting and support there hiring of him.

Care to elaborate?
Batpuff Wrote:Well lets hope the guy at the top (admin) gets the job in Floyd Co. I hear he is in the top 5. I will come up there and tell them what a great guy there getting and support there hiring of him.

Lawrence will never get rid of this guy unless the board of ed. ousts him. Who would hire him after the mess he's made in that county?? Hopefully some changes will be made when election time rolls around. If the people of Lawrence want change they better get rid of the board members that support this guy.
blackcat_student Wrote:Care to elaborate?

He is in the running for the Superintendent's Job
The Newspaper says he is in the five that they are looking at.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:He is in the running for the Superintendent's Job
The Newspaper says he is in the five that they are looking at.

Oh... Thanks.
They can have him.
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Great points... one and all... just need to find out if Goldsmith wants out.... is he willing to hang on til a new administration can be placed. It's kinda raw to get on here and begin discussing successors when the coach hasn't left... I wouldn't like it. I don't believe he realized there would be as little support from within this time around... there certainly was plenty of supporters on hand the last time he was there. Maybe you should begin a thread in gen dis about getting a new super... if that's the problem.
Goldsmith has announced that he is leaving . Don't know all of the issues regarding the super but IMO he needs to go simply because of the academics going south as well. As far as Billy leaving, it is not carring tales and trashing him by relaying known information.