Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TNA Wrestling
Tonight TNA gained another huge star from the WWE roster. Booker T team up with Sting to take on Kevin Nash and Kurt Angle. I don't now if any one watches TNA but the wrestling on the program is high speed and high contact. Plus their roster keeps getting better and better. Whats your thoughts on Total Nonstop Action (TNA)?
I don't like it, at least not right now. It just doesn't look professional enough as far as the cameras and everything. It seems like they don't have as good of writers as WWE either.

I saw it this past week and some of the dialogue was just corny.

I don't know how long they'll last either...seing as how they're taking on washed up wrestlers and wrestlers who have left other companies for failing drug tests.

That's why Booker T is there. He's failed drug tests numerous times with the WWE and got upset when he was put on suspension. Since congress is cracking down on the WWE and steroids....and TNA is taking a lot of these wrestlers I see them possibly getting in trouble in the future.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I never liked Booker T ever anyways, they can have him.
I honestly think that WWE might be saving some of their better storylines for when TNA starts getting more popular.

I think the WWE is afraid TNA might turn into the next WCW.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well they said it wouldnt last and its been over five years and just keeps getting better and better, You dont have all the BS talking taking up and 1 1/2 of a 2 hr show.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Also your getting big name stars there (TNA) who dont want to have to travel like they did with the WWE. All the WWE is doing is trying to bring in old wrestlers that were popular at one time..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
WWE is all about the ratings now a days it's getting ridiculous. Although it's awesome to see the likes of Stone Cold, Dx and all that jazz, but I agree Vince is afraid TNA will be another WCW. But look at it on the bright side it would be another great storyline it WWE and TNA did another invasion like they did with WCW and ECW a few years back.
TNA has been getting more and more interesting. I have been watching it for the past few weeks and like some of what I see. However, I can't stand AJ Styles, and most of them are pretty bad at acting and talking. I mean....TNA is pre-recorded so how hard is it really to have them do the lines again so they don't sound like scrubs.

The wrestling is good, but they really need to work on their acting and promo skills to go any higher.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:TNA has been getting more and more interesting. I have been watching it for the past few weeks and like some of what I see. However, I can't stand AJ Styles, and most of them are pretty bad at acting and talking. I mean....TNA is pre-recorded so how hard is it really to have them do the lines again so they don't sound like scrubs.

The wrestling is good, but they really need to work on their acting and promo skills to go any higher.

Yeah the mic skills of most wrestlers in TNA is very bad., excluding Robert Roode. He is an amazing athlete and has great mic skills. IMO he is the best all around wrestler in TNA.

Vince Russo is the lead writer for TNA now, so hopefully he still has the ability to write some of the great storylines he did in the past like the outsiders, and NWO.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Yeah the mic skills of most wrestlers in TNA is very bad., excluding Robert Roode. He is an amazing athlete and has great mic skills. IMO he is the best all around wrestler in TNA.

Vince Russo is the lead writer for TNA now, so hopefully he still has the ability to write some of the great storylines he did in the past like the outsiders, and NWO.

Russo didn't write for The Outsiders/NWO or any of that. Russo was at WWF during that time. Russo is the guy that wrote the "invasion" where DX came over to WCW with the tank and declared war on WCW.

Bischoff is the brainchild behind the nWo. Although Russo did come over to WCW in it's last years.

A lot of people credit the demise of WCW with Russo. I believe Mike Tenay is one that has openly blamed Russo.

Some of the things Russo did:

Stone Cold v. Vince storyline
Undertaker v. Kane storyline
DX
The Rock
several of Mick Foleys storylines

BTW, Russo is the one that wrote for David Arquette to win the WCW title........one of the worst ideas ever IMO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TNA is alright but it just doesn't have the star power and umph of the WWE. I watch it every chance I get and it's getting better but they really need to use there people from the WWE more.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Russo didn't write for The Outsiders/NWO or any of that. Russo was at WWF during that time. Russo is the guy that wrote the "invasion" where DX came over to WCW with the tank and declared war on WCW.

Bischoff is the brainchild behind the nWo. Although Russo did come over to WCW in it's last years.

A lot of people credit the demise of WCW with Russo. I believe Mike Tenay is one that has openly blamed Russo.

Some of the things Russo did:

Stone Cold v. Vince storyline
Undertaker v. Kane storyline
DX
The Rock
several of Mick Foleys storylines

BTW, Russo is the one that wrote for David Arquette to win the WCW title........one of the worst ideas ever IMO.

Yeah That was a horrible idea. That sorta explains why Pac man jones was given the tag team titles, even though he legally wasn't allowed to have physical contact.

The attitude era was probably my favorite time in WWE though.
Attitude was definitely a good time.

Yeah, Russo doesn't have any respect for the belt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Here is some good news for TNA.

Friday December 7
By: Steve Carrier

ECW on Sci-Fi went head to head in the second hour of TNA iMPACT on Spike TV yesterday with ECW only pulling in a 0.6 rating while TNA pulled in an average 1.1 rating.

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/7600