Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barack Obama
This was an e mail sent to me by my son. Just thought I would share.
I want to see the proof that he refused to say the pledge, this is a stupid rumor that some right winged nut job has just started. Besides alot of people hold their hands down like that during the anthem.
It's funny and good attempted knock on Barack, but that's why it's stuck in an email. The 2 ladies are looking one direction very confused, the man is staring off in another. It seems as though that the flag may be being brought out at the time or something to that effect. It certainly doesn't look like the pledge had actually started.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Nice photoshop job whoever did it.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Nice photoshop job whoever did it.

I've done alot of photoshop work, and thats not photoshoped. You can see all four of there shadows. Now if that where photoshoped there would be no shadows. But thats just my opinion, I may be wrong.
Remember, Obama also decided to stop wearing a American Flag lapel pin a few months ago.
Old School Wrote:Remember, Obama also decided to stop wearing a American Flag lapel pin a few months ago.

And, of course, since that flag in the background was made in China and the lapel pin in Taiwan, it is the full measure of
patriotism. "Your flag decal won't get you into heaven any more..."
That is photoshoped...look at the flag in the background. It is also easy to make the shadows too. All I know is that Obama will get my vote for the primary...
Yeah, my uncle Morty is holding that flag in the air. He said his arms got tired!! Nice try..
I have a Minority Group Politics class and the professor was discussing this issue today. This is not photoshoped (at least the people anyway). He said that Obama did not put his had over his heart or sing the pledge, however there was no evidence that he refused to do it, it could just be how he honors the pledge.
I hate politics...
Even being a strong Republican, I do not agree with this at all. As someone mentioned, it doesn't even look as if they National Anthem has started yet, and if it has, many people do not put their hand over their hard for it (I don't) but rather stand how Obama is standing. To say that he is not a true patriot or American is false. IMO, he is more of one than Hillary and would be a better Commander in Chief that she would be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old School Wrote:Remember, Obama also decided to stop wearing a American Flag lapel pin a few months ago.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. He must be a terrorist!Rolleyes
vundy33 Wrote:That is photoshoped...look at the flag in the background. It is also easy to make the shadows too. All I know is that Obama will get my vote for the primary...
I thought you were a Republican?
If you don't attach this :USAFlag: to every post your anti- American. Right Old School?:p
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I have a Minority Group Politics class and the professor was discussing this issue today. This is not photoshoped (at least the people anyway). He said that Obama did not put his had over his heart or sing the pledge, however there was no evidence that he refused to do it, it could just be how he honors the pledge.

Putting your hand over your heart is not the "proper way" to behave during the National Anthem. Simply stand and face the flag and remove your hat if you're wearing one.

Putting your hand over your heart is the "proper way" to behave while repeating, not singing the "Pledge of Allegiance".
This brings up another sore point with me. Proper flag etiquette is not being practiced in this country anymore. Multi-National Corporations decided to make a windfall proffit with the American Flag magnets and stickers. How many of those "FLAGS" have you seen laying on the side of the road, and falling apart. I also think it is disrespectful to wear clothing with the stars and stripes on them. It's a symbol that should be revered and respected. Not cut up and made into a bathing suit to make a fast buck! It's the same hypocrites that want a Constititional Ammendment to ban flag burning that wear their American Flag Bandana and jean jacket.
DevilsWin Wrote:I thought you were a Republican?

Doesn't mean I won't vote in the primary...
vundy33 Wrote:Doesn't mean I won't vote in the primary...
Not in the Democrat's Primary.
DevilsWin Wrote:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. He must be a terrorist!Rolleyes

Nice retort DW.....How long did it take you to come up with that gem? :blabbermo
thecavemaster Wrote:And, of course, since that flag in the background was made in China and the lapel pin in Taiwan, it is the full measure of
patriotism. "Your flag decal won't get you into heaven any more..."

Now how do you know the flag was made in China and the lapel pin in Taiwan? Are you just assuming that they were, if so you know what happens when you assume things.

I don't know what faith you believe in, if any, but I've never known of a flag decal getting anyone into heaven, could be a liberal thing, I don't know.
Old School Wrote:I don't know what faith you believe in, if any, but I've never known of a flag decal getting anyone into heaven, could be a liberal thing, I don't know.
Hey Old School, months ago I quoted a lyric written by John Prine that addressed the issue of coal mining. The name of the song was, "Paradise". And it talked about strip mining. "Mr. Peabody's Coal Train has ahuled it away."

Well you struck another nerve here that Mr Prine addressed some 30 years ago. And I believe this song sums it up for me on this issue. I have as much reverence for the flag as any man on earth and lots more than most. So don't get the wong idea or try to read between the lines here. It is what it is and Ole Johnny Prine had this to say, "
While digesting Reader's Digest
In the back of a dirty book store,
A plastic flag, with gum on the back,
Fell out on the floor.
Well, I picked it up and I ran outside
Slapped it on my window shield,
And if I could see old Betsy Ross
I'd tell her how good I feel.
Chorus:
But your flag decal won't get you
Into Heaven any more.
They're already overcrowded
From your dirty little war.
Now Jesus don't like killin'
No matter what the reason's for,
And your flag decal won't get you
Into Heaven any more.
Well, I went to the bank this morning
And the cashier he said to me,
"If you join the Christmas club
We'll give you ten of them flags for free."
Well, I didn't mess around a bit
I took him up on what he said.
And I stuck them stickers all over my car
And one on my wife's forehead.
Repeat Chorus:
Well, I got my window shield so filled
With flags I couldn't see.
So, I ran the car upside a curb
And right into a tree.
By the time they got a doctor down
I was already dead.
And I'll never understand why the man
Standing in the Pearly Gates said...
"But your flag decal won't get you
Into Heaven any more.
We're already overcrowded
Into Heaven any more."
DevilsWin Wrote:Hey Old School, months ago I quoted a lyric written by John Prine that addressed the issue of coal mining. The name of the song was, "Paradise". And it talked about strip mining. "Mr. Peabody's Coal Train has ahuled it away."

Well you struck another nerve here that Mr Prine addressed some 30 years ago. And I believe this song sums it up for me on this issue. I have as much reverence for the flag as any man on earth and lots more than most. So don't get the wong idea or try to read between the lines here. It is what it is and Ole Johnny Prine had this to say, "
Fell out on the floor.
Chorus:
Into Heaven any more.
Into Heaven any more.
Repeat Chorus:
And right into a tree.
I was already dead.
Into Heaven any more.

Into Heaven any more."

You may very well have a lot of respect for the American flag, I'm not arguing that point, but I don't know how you or anyone else can have respect for someone who is seeking to be commander and chief of the United States of America, that seems to have no respect for the American flag. I think a true patriot would have had his hand over his heart until the Pledge of Allegience or the National Anthem was over, the other six or seven people on that stage were able to place their hand over their heart during the singing of the National Anthem.

BTW isn't that about the third or fourth time I've hit one of your nerves. They say practice makes perfect. :thumpsup:
Old School Wrote:You may very well have a lot of respect for the American flag, I'm not arguing that point, but I don't know how you or anyone else can have respect for someone who is seeking to be commander and chief of the United States of America, that seems to have no respect for the American flag. I think a true patriot would have had his hand over his heart until the Pledge of Allegience or the National Anthem was over, the other six or seven people on that stage were able to place their hand over their heart during the singing of the National Anthem.

BTW isn't that about the third or fourth time I've hit one of your nerves. They say practice makes perfect. :thumpsup:

You don't know what your talking about...does it really matter if he doesn't put his **** hand over his heart? He's as much a patriot as you'll ever be.
vundy33 Wrote:You don't know what your talking about...does it really matter if he doesn't put his **** hand over his heart? He's as much a patriot as you'll ever be.

As an American, yes it does... Especially if he plans on being the next President. You should know what all America is about whether you are patriotic or not. And its something that we are raised to do in America. We've all had family members that went across seas to serve our country, and if you respect them, then you take your right hand and put it over your heart when its patriotic to do so.

:USAFlag: Confusedalute:
There's still no reason to bash him because he doesn't...we don't even know that he doesn't, that pic is fake.
Old School Wrote:BTW isn't that about the third or fourth time I've hit one of your nerves. They say practice makes perfect. :thumpsup:

Don't kid yourself you've never made me mad. Nor did you strike a nerve here with me. Unless you have American flag underwear or something stupid like that.Confusedhh:
What I meant was that the subject struck a nerve with John Prine so much that he had to write a song about it 30 years ago.
Beef Wrote:Even being a strong Republican, I do not agree with this at all. As someone mentioned, it doesn't even look as if they National Anthem has started yet, and if it has, many people do not put their hand over their hard for it (I don't) but rather stand how Obama is standing. To say that he is not a true patriot or American is false. IMO, he is more of one than Hillary and would be a better Commander in Chief that she would be.

Excellent post, Beef, I couldn't agree more. I really don't care if he didn't have his hand over his heart while the pledge was going on, to me that doesn't tell me anything about what kind of patriot he is or what kind of president he'd be. Of all the things to look at when making a decision on how to vote, this has to be one of the stupidest. How about his plans to end the fighting in Iraq, or what he plans to do about taxes, or other important issues like that? Yeesh...

Oh, and I think any of the other presidential candidates, be they Democrat or Republican, would make a better Commander-in-Chief than Hillary. Big Grin
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
DevilsWin Wrote:Hey Old School, months ago I quoted a lyric written by John Prine that addressed the issue of coal mining. The name of the song was, "Paradise". And it talked about strip mining. "Mr. Peabody's Coal Train has ahuled it away."

Fell out on the floor.
Chorus:
Into Heaven any more.
Into Heaven any more.
Repeat Chorus:
And right into a tree.
I was already dead.
Into Heaven any more.

Into Heaven any more."

This comment was intended to be included in my last post.

I hate to break it to you, but I wasn trying to read between the lines, I can honestly say that I had nver heard of John Prine or that song until you posted it.
The fact that he was called an "Un-American" in the first place in the picture says all you need to know about whoever made that. It's a shame people have nothing better to do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]