Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Big Man in the Mtns.
Elwayfan Wrote:Did Devin Adams put alot of time in during the off season?
A lot of his off season time was spent in the gym holding his own against college players. He played with them 3 or 4 times a week.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
That is usually where kids get better. When they play against older, stronger, and more experienced players in the summer!!
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:A lot of his off season time was spent in the gym holding his own against college players. He played with them 3 or 4 times a week.
I'm glad to see a kid with that size put in all the extra time in the offseason, we should see the results on the court this year.
Are the Pikeville coaches going to play him on the blocks this year, or still play him high like last year?
I havent been going to many practices this year, but I think they are going to do both. He has also worked on his ball handling. I believe he will be pulling other centers out on the floor to take one on one a few times.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I havent been going to many practices this year, but I think they are going to do both. He has also worked on his ball handling. I believe he will be pulling other centers out on the floor to take one on one a few times.
Isn't Devin (and I''m guessing here) around 6'9-6'10? If so, I would say pulling Adams out to take other centers one-on-one will be more beneficial to the other team rather than Pikeville. Why on earth would you not keep a 6'10 kid on the high school level down low and dare to get over 10' from the basket
Elwayfan Wrote:Isn't Devin (and I''m guessing here) around 6'9-6'10? If so, I would say pulling Adams out to take other centers one-on-one will be more beneficial to the other team rather than Pikeville. Why on earth would you not keep a 6'10 kid on the high school level down low and dare to get over 10' from the basket
He wants to play after high school. Anymore, a center in college is expected to be able to do more than post up with your back to the basket. Ball handling is a plus from a big man.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:He wants to play after high school. Anymore, a center in college is expected to be able to do more than post up with your back to the basket. Ball handling is a plus from a big man.
I understand that point, but, and this is just my opinion, a kid that size needs to develope his inside game. Inside should be his bread and butter right now. I'm curious as to how May feels about this (and I don't mean Denny Paul), after all he was the best center to ever play in this area. He didn't develope his outside game until later in his career.
OnCeABobcat Wrote:Who do you think will be most likely to dominate the paint this season in the 14th, 15th or 13th?

Richard (BUTTERMILK) Caudill will be the best big man in the mountains for the next 2 years. He can shot and run the floor and he is probally one of the strongest kids to play basketball anyone has ever seen.
bobby1 Wrote:Richard (BUTTERMILK) Caudill will be the best big man in the mountains for the next 2 years. He can shot and run the floor and he is probally one of the strongest kids to play basketball anyone has ever seen.
He will be tested on the 21st of this month at Allen Central.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:He will be tested on the 21st of this month at Allen Central.

Richard will be up for the test against AC.
bobby1 Wrote:Richard will be up for the test against AC.

He will be tested at Allen Central, not against Allen Central. There is a little difference in the two post players
greg jones leslie county
You must be talking about the Pikeville game. Should be a great test for both players indeed. It should be a great game also. I think KCC will win by 3. It should be close all the way.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:The big kid from Pineville

Thats who i heard was the toughest big man was.
MANoWAR Wrote:Thats who i heard was the toughest big man was.
Can you give some stats on him? Height, weight, grade, stuff like that?
He's tall, skinny, and slow. He'll be a junior I think. He is no where near the toughest big man in the mountains, I'd give the award of toughest to Dustin May.
Do any of these guys play football? I know Dustin May does, and most big guys that play football are more physical and end up controlling the paint against tall, skinny big men.
blackcat_student Wrote:Do any of these guys play football? I know Dustin May does, and most big guys that play football are more physical and end up controlling the paint against tall, skinny big men.

I dont no Dustin May, But Richard (Buttermild) Caudill he works logging in his spare time and did it most of the summer and he bench presses around 300 lbs.
blackcat_student Wrote:Do any of these guys play football? I know Dustin May does, and most big guys that play football are more physical and end up controlling the paint against tall, skinny big men.
Like he did last year?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Like he did last year?

I watched him go up against Prestonsburg's Trevor Patton and he done a real well job against him, and Trevor is a stout big guy.
bobby1 Wrote:I dont no Dustin May, But Richard (Buttermild) Caudill he works logging in his spare time and did it most of the summer and he bench presses around 300 lbs.
Is logging in the summer better for your on court performance than working on your game?
I completely believe that Devan could develop into a good player... However, you have to prove it on the court before people will give you credit, and thus far, Devan hasn't done that yet. I do believe that he will, but until then his game may not get alot of respect.
As far as the football players like Dustin pushing around the taller skinnier players, I was thinking back to last season. Not this one coming up. No one knows what will happen this season yet. But the last time that Dustin and Deven matched up, Deven won that contest. Deven took away Belfrys inside game. Most of all in the 3rd quarter. I dont know if that will happen this year or not, we will find out Dec. 14th.
I'm not from Pineville or go to any of their games but I hear he's 6'10 and one of their leading scorers. He just doesn't get the hype like Collins does.
Saturday at Cordia, 2 of the mountians best big men will be playing. Zach Gay and Buckhorn plays against Phelps and Dustin Day from Pineville plays host school Cordia. Hopefully both games are good ones.
bobby1 Wrote:I dont no Dustin May, But Richard (Buttermild) Caudill he works logging in his spare time and did it most of the summer and he bench presses around 300 lbs.

Bench press means nothin in basketball, it's all in your legs and I highly doubt there is a big man in the mountains stronger than Dustin May. And to go along with his strength, he is very athletic.
It will keep you in shape and Richard also play basketball to during the summer for KCC. So I think that it gives him a really big advantage.
Richard squats around 700 lbs how much did you say the other kid does.
bobby1 Wrote:It will keep you in shape and Richard also play basketball to during the summer for KCC. So I think that it gives him a really big advantage.
If he played with them during the summer, he didnt give Dev any problems. Pikeville had a solid 20 point lead the whole game.