Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
86.05%
Magoffin
13.95%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Magoffin Co.
Not really who wins, but what will the score be?
Belfry pretty easily!
Belfry should win this one by at least 5 scores. Belfry 42 MC 7
I havent got my score in yet,

Belfry pretty much names it, but i think 49-0.
Pirates roll to the second round
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pirates keep on rolling... Good Luck to both.

Belfry- 42
Magoffin County- 12
Belfry 49

Magoffin 0
Belfry 42-6
Belfry wins big 49-6
The first step towards the "Championship"

Belfry-56
MC - 8
Actually, I expect this game to go much like the East Carter game, with lots of different people in and out all night. This'll be a warm up game and a test for some of the guys who haven't seen a lot of PT this year, and a small break for some of our ironmen. I'd definitely find a way to get my younger linemen some experience, since our big men looked a little winded late tonight against JC. I can see 6 or 7 different players scoring in this game, as Haywood will likely spread the ball around a lot to keep everyone in shape for the SC game the following week.
Belfry 48-12.
Every post has Belfry winning, but in the poll, someone picked MC. Belfry will do what they want with them. The final score will be set by Belfry, MC wont have a say in it.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Belfry
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Every post has Belfry winning, but in the poll, someone picked MC. Belfry will do what they want with them. The final score will be set by Belfry, MC wont have a say in it.

Note why I made it a poll, to see if anyone would actually pick MC. Smile
I think Sarr hit the nail on the head, Belfry will have a revolving door of substitutions, and without Elkins at QB, the Pirates will go into their small game mode (not alot of energy, just clock in/clock out).

Magoffin actually played our offense pretty well earlier, we scored 21 points on kick returns.

Belfry 35
Magoffin 7 (against reserves)
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think Sarr hit the nail on the head, Belfry will have a revolving door of substitutions, and without Elkins at QB, the Pirates will go into their small game mode (not alot of energy, just clock in/clock out).

Magoffin actually played our offense pretty well earlier, we scored 21 points on kick returns.

Belfry 35
Magoffin 7 (against reserves)

Elkins is not diffently out... From what I have herd it seems to just be a bang...
Belfry will name the score, no matter who the put in the game, at any position...
kyr450 Wrote:Elkins is not diffently out... From what I have herd it seems to just be a bang...

He has a Type 1 sprain only. He will be rested this week. Great news!!!!
Sarrr Wrote:Actually, I expect this game to go much like the East Carter game, with lots of different people in and out all night. This'll be a warm up game and a test for some of the guys who haven't seen a lot of PT this year, and a small break for some of our ironmen. I'd definitely find a way to get my younger linemen some experience, since our big men looked a little winded late tonight against JC. I can see 6 or 7 different players scoring in this game, as Haywood will likely spread the ball around a lot to keep everyone in shape for the SC game the following week.

:Thumbs:
I would Love to see Magoffin to pull off the upset but i dont see it happening love seeing my hornets in the playoffs good luck to all teams but ill say magoffin will put up 2 scores so ill
say 48-13
Belfry by as many as they want.
If Johnson county couldnt handel belfry magoffin sure cant... dont get me wrong i would love to see that happen, but there aint no chance. i see it as 48-8
Magoffin... lol guys its a joke. Belfry 56-0
Belfry
Bad Year Goffin'

Belfry - 52
Magoffin - 0
Love the Hornets but Belfry is just to much to handle.....

Belfry all over the Hornets
49 to 6

Reguardless of the outcome for the Hornets they have had a great season
Hornet Nation Wrote:Love the Hornets but Belfry is just to much to handle.....

Belfry all over the Hornets
49 to 6

Reguardless of the outcome for the Hornets they have had a great season

My sentiments exactly. Good luck Hornets, try to build on this for next year but don't just show up. Give 'em all you've got! Go Hornets!
Just a question, earlier this year the debate after the game revolved around MC leaving their starters in until the end against the Belfry freshman and the arguement made was that this was preparing them for their game looming against East Ridge.... if Belfry has a substantial lead in the 4th Quarter again, will the Hornets continue to play their starters or will they actually give those younger players who haven't seen much action all year some valuable minutes?
Good question. From a coaching perspective, I'd like to get ready for next year, but I also owe it to those kids who've stuck it out with me for 4 years, and for whom this will probably be the last time they put on pads...

I don't think Haywood will put the freshmen in until MC starts running in their own subs, due to that. He wants his Freshmen to get experience, but not at the cost of getting injured.