Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Bowl?
What Bowl will KY play in now, or will they still be playing in a bowl?
Of course they'll be in a bowl game, they're already bowl eligible.

I feel like if they win out they'll go the Outback Bowl or could still hit up the Capital One Bowl if some others lose.

If they go 2-1 The Chick Fil' A Peach Bowl is a strong possibility

If they go 1-2 then the Music City Bowl is a possibility.

If they go 0-3 then they'll be in Memphis for whatever that bowl is called.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Of course they'll be in a bowl game, they're already bowl eligible.

I feel like if they win out they'll go the Outback Bowl or could still hit up the Capital One Bowl if some others lose.

If they go 2-1 The Chick Fil' A Peach Bowl is a strong possibility

If they go 1-2 then the Music City Bowl is a possibility.

If they go 0-3 then they'll be in Memphis for whatever that bowl is called.

That sounds about right. :thumpsup:
I think UK will end up playing in the Music City Bowl again..which is a good bowl, and it gives the fans a chance to travel..of course the Peach Bowl (Chick Fil-A for all you youngins, lol) would be a great bowl too...
I see them going 2-1.
What if they go 3-0, what bowl would they get a good chance at?
and where is the Music Bowl at lol.?
[quote=NYY10]I see them going 2-1.
What if they go 3-0, what bowl would they get a good chance at?
and where is the Music Bowl at lol.?[/quote]

Tenneesee
I am also seeing a repeat visit to the Music City Bowl. If not though then either the Peach Bowl or the Capital One Bowl.
Personally they dont deserve a bowl game after the way they have played the last few weeks. Truth be told, they have been overrated most of the year. They got lucky when they beat Louisville and LSU, both of those games could easily have been losses.
The toilet bowl. Smile
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Personally they dont deserve a bowl game after the way they have played the last few weeks. Truth be told, they have been overrated most of the year. They got lucky when they beat Louisville and LSU, both of those games could easily have been losses.

Do you honestly believe that? They beat the #1 and #8 teams in the nation, lost by 8 points to possibly the best team in the SEC and already have 6 wins.
Yes I seriously believe that. Like I said before, they got lucky in the wins against LSU and Louisville.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Yes I seriously believe that. Like I said before, they got lucky in the wins against LSU and Louisville.

Then quit following everything about them on here if you don't care about em' anymore. Simple as that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Yes I seriously believe that. Like I said before, they got lucky in the wins against LSU and Louisville.

Riiiiigggghhttttt....Pure luck to beat the most talented team in the country. Especially since we were down 13 points with 1 minute left to go in the 3rd quarter against the meanest D on the planet...PURE luck I tell you...

Now on to the thread topic, I dont see any way that the Cats go back to the Music City Bowl. Bowls dont normally take the same team 2 years in a row unless they absolutely HAVE to. I see us going at WORST 2-1 in the final 3. say what you want, but this team WILL bounce back. Too much talent and too much veteran leadership not to. I say the Peach Bowl.
I think if it had to do with luck then they would have had won last week and not against LSU....
I think they should come back pretty strong .. Gerogia will be a tough game though
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sounds to me like someone likes to stir up tempers haha
What bowl game is it the SEC plays the Big East in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UK fans back your bags you won a wonderful trip to the Music City Bowl again. I love that last week someone started a thread that UK was going to the Sugar Bowl. Have fun in Nashville.
Booya Wrote:UK fans back your bags you won a wonderful trip to the Music City Bowl again. I love that last week someone started a thread that UK was going to the Sugar Bowl. Have fun in Nashville.

I will. I like Nashville, and love that UK will be in any bowl considering the problems the program was facing a couple years ago.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I will. I like Nashville, and love that UK will be in any bowl considering the problems the program was facing a couple years ago.

well chances are they will have those problems again. UK's coach does have a history of recruiting issues. and it isn't an honor to play in lower level bowl games. It is embarrassing.
Booya Wrote:well chances are they will have those problems again. UK's coach does have a history of recruiting issues. and it isn't an honor to play in lower level bowl games. It is embarrassing.

Smile Alright. I thought a non bowl appearance season was embarrassing but maybe that's just me. Rolleyes

I don't know of many if any problems with Rich Brooks' issues. I do know these however.

* Pacific-10 Coach of the Year
* District IX Coach of the Year by the AFCA
* Slats Gill Award as Sportsman of the Year in the state of Oregon

* National Coach of the Year (Bear Bryant Award) by the FWAA
* National Coach of the Year by The Sporting News
* National Coach of the Year by ESPN/Home Depot

* Inducted into the Independence Bowl Hall of Fame
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Smile Alright. I thought a non bowl appearance season was embarrassing but maybe that's just me. Rolleyes

I don't know of many if any problems with Rich Brooks' issues. I do know these however.

Nice info. Rich Brooks has done miracles with this program, considering what he had when he first came to Lexington. A Music City Bowl appearance is not bad at all, but I think with the talent this team has and the potential, they can do better. An Outback, Cotton, or Chik-fil-A Bowl are out of the question. A bowl is a bowl, IMO, and to have back-to-back bowl seasons for UK is a GREAT job in my book!
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Personally they dont deserve a bowl game after the way they have played the last few weeks. Truth be told, they have been overrated most of the year. They got lucky when they beat Louisville and LSU, both of those games could easily have been losses.

That is a ridiculous statement. UK has played one of the toughest schedules in the country and still sit at 6-3 after 9 games, and you say they don't deerve a bowl? You must have some pretty strict standards for being bowl-worthy. Now, if they lose their last three games and finish 6-6, you might could argue about their bowl-worthiness, but even then I feel that any team that can beat the best team in the country is deserving of a bowl game.

Yes, Louisville and LSU both could've been losses, but ifs and buts get you nowhere. If you want to start down that road, I would say that UK could have easily beaten South Carolina and Florida had the Cats not made a few costly mistakes in each game, but that's the way it goes. If you win, you win, and if you lose, you lose. Quit trying to diminish UK's accomplishment of beating the number 1 team in the country, because that is something that very rarely happens in college football.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
As for which bowl game the Cats will go to, obviously it will depend on how many games they win from here on out. My forecast:

Go 3-0 (finish 9-3): Capital One or Outback Bowl
Go 2-1 (finish 8-4): Peach Bowl
Go 1-2 (finish 7-5): Music City or Liberty Bowl
Go 0-3 (finish 6-6): Independence Bowl

I am seeing UK go 2-1 in these final 3 games and then spending New Year's Eve in Atlanta, GA! Big Grin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Smile Alright. I thought a non bowl appearance season was embarrassing but maybe that's just me. Rolleyes

Thats some good information right there.
it will be uk against the mazin blue in the capitail one bowl
magoffin#10 Wrote:it will be uk against the mazin blue in the capitail one bowl

Not in a million years.:ape:
Well I got one thing to say right now, and that is this is the last year that UK will be bowl elegible and definitely the last good year they will have. They will go right back to losing like they did in the past. With that said, theres only one UK team people need to focus on and thats the basketball team. They are the only team UK has thats worth watching and caring about. Oh and I could care less who I make mad when I say the things I say, I dont apologize for anything. Get used to it.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Well I got one thing to say right now, and that is this is the last year that UK will be bowl elegible and definitely the last good year they will have. They will go right back to losing like they did in the past. With that said, theres only one UK team people need to focus on and thats the basketball team. They are the only team UK has thats worth watching and caring about. Oh and I could care less who I make mad when I say the things I say, I dont apologize for anything. Get used to it.

Might I suggest that you refrain from trying to start arguments. You have your opinion and others have theirs. No one is any more right than any one else's but trying to make people mad just for the sake of making someone mad makes the forum look bad and I will not tolerate that.
magoffin#10 Wrote:it will be uk against the mazin blue in the capitail one bowl

Booya Wrote:Not in a million years.:ape:

It's possible for UK to make it to the Capital One Bowl, but they will have to win out the rest of their games to do it. IMO, a 9-3 finish would land them in either the Capital One or the Outback bowls.

However, with the loss to MSU, it's looking very unlikely that the Cats will spend their holiday in Florida...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:It's possible for UK to make it to the Capital One Bowl, but they will have to win out the rest of their games to do it. IMO, a 9-3 finish would land them in either the Capital One or the Outback bowls.

However, with the loss to MSU, it's looking very unlikely that the Cats will spend their holiday in Florida...

I don't think the cats will win more than 1 more. So unless Michigan loses out Booya is unfortunately right on this one. Plus who cares Basketball season is ready to roll.