Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 35 - Raceland 14
That sign in my opinion wipes away all the positive things about that game.
It just goes to show that Raceland, despite all the dressing up has "No Class."

To accuse the atheletes at Russell of using steroids is not only unfair but I'm getting tired of hearing it. It's pure cliche' and not condusive to a healthy rivalry.

Raceland can go crawl back under the rock they crawled out from under for all I care.

I do want to thank the Raceland Fans, Parents Faculty and Atheletes for polishing up that pretty lantern for the Russell Trophy Case. It looks real nice in the student union all shiny and everything. :thumpsup:
red_devils_rule Wrote:This is right down worng and I think that there should be something done about it

http://picasaweb.google.com/reddevilspor...4014488482

Take a look at this pic.

That is something the ADMINISTRATION should have stopped.
hillbilly Wrote:That is something the ADMINISTRATION should have stopped.

Yes it is and they didn't so it just goes to show you what kind of class they have there at Raceland, and here I thought that they had some real class down there guess i was worng,
I thought that the sign was inappropriate and could not belive that the school would allow that.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:I thought that the sign was inappropriate and could not belive that the school would allow that.

I tried having this conversation on the "other site" and was harshly ridiculed and corrected by one of the "adminstrators". One person who has been a member of the site for 5+ years was banned because they discussed this issue.

I'm so glad that here on "rivals" we can have the freedom to express our displeasures over something that was inappropriate and downright tasteless and classless. Some of the other signs that did not get a picture taken of were;

Russell can't hustle because they have fake muscles
Beat Russell and send them back to "He??" (you fill in the last two letters)
Bend bender in half

there are signs that you can make (i.e. the pitchfork and shove it sign) that are okay and all in good fun, but to accuse real life individuals ages 15-18 to take a substance that is illegal and which can cause permanent damage to their system is something that is NOT funny. I truly hope that someone sends these pictures to Mr. Melvin the superintendent at Raceland. I'm curious to hear what his comments will be
Russelldad Wrote:I tried having this conversation on the "other site" and was harshly ridiculed and corrected by one of the "adminstrators". One person who has been a member of the site for 5+ years was banned because they discussed this issue.

I'm so glad that here on "rivals" we can have the freedom to express our displeasures over something that was inappropriate and downright tasteless and classless. Some of the other signs that did not get a picture taken of were;

Russell can't hustle because they have fake muscles
Beat Russell and send them back to "He??" (you fill in the last two letters)
Bend bender in half

there are signs that you can make (i.e. the pitchfork and shove it sign) that are okay and all in good fun, but to accuse real life individuals ages 15-18 to take a substance that is illegal and which can cause permanent damage to their system is something that is NOT funny. I truly hope that someone sends these pictures to Mr. Melvin the superintendent at Raceland. I'm curious to hear what his comments will be
I agree I used to be on that and I was banned for saying something far less then some of the people there. They like to rip people off I had just paid my dues. They won't get any more of my money.
Not a big suprise to me.
I would love to see the picture posted in the ADI. I think the reaction would be astonishing, that would be PRICELESS !!
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I was also banned, restricted and removed. !!!!
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I agree I used to be on that and I was banned for saying something far less then some of the people there. They like to rip people off I had just paid my dues. They won't get any more of my money.

What you see typed on my post concerning the signs was almost word for word what I put on the other site. I had even done a paragraph before that praising both "teams" on their sportsmanship on the field before, during and after the game. Then I mentioned the signs and "wham" I immediately was hit with a warning and my comments about the signs had "disappeared" from my post.

The person I know that was banned also had just renewed their dues as well.

I didn't see what was wrong with voicing displeasure about what was written and meant for the Russell side to see. I wasn't cussing officials, coaches, players or naming names. I just felt like "administration" needed to know if they didn't already what type of signs the students were writing.

Oh well, this site is better anyway.:rockon:
Russelldad Wrote:What you see typed on my post concerning the signs was almost word for word what I put on the other site. I had even done a paragraph before that praising both "teams" on their sportsmanship on the field before, during and after the game. Then I mentioned the signs and "wham" I immediately was hit with a warning and my comments about the signs had "disappeared" from my post.

The person I know that was banned also had just renewed their dues as well.

I didn't see what was wrong with voicing displeasure about what was written and meant for the Russell side to see. I wasn't cussing officials, coaches, players or naming names. I just felt like "administration" needed to know if they didn't already what type of signs the students were writing.

Oh well, this site is better anyway.:rockon:

Are there MODS from Raceland On that site?

If so there's the culprit and the problem.
No,,,,, but the GODS that be there think they are just that.. NO Discussions, no disagreements allowed.
Guys and gals.

As much as I dislike the subject let's take the high road when talking about the other site. Feel free to voice your opinions here as long as they don't break the rules but lets take that discussion to PM's.

Thanks,
Midee1
:Guitar01: You take the high road and I'll take the low road and I'll be in Scotland before yeeeeee........................ LOL

J/K Midee1

I'll take the High Road.
If you guys think that the Raceland administration should be held accountable, I suggest some letters to the editor go to the Daily Independent. Make it public. I really think the administrators at Raceland owe the Russell school system an apology for the signs as well as the spray painting of the field house and bleachers at Henry R. Evans.
Yes that was over doing it that just cost the school more money and pay that they have to pay someone to fix.
I think that raceland needs to quit thinking that they can compete with everyone.... I hiope they finally see that they need to stay in there own class instead of trying to pick fights with andre the giant....
russelldevils54 Wrote:I think that raceland needs to quit thinking that they can compete with everyone.... I hiope they finally see that they need to stay in there own class instead of trying to pick fights with andre the giant....
I was told by a friend of mine from Raceland that the team was devistated by the loss to Russell. That game was more important to them than the state champioship game. He told me with the attitude they have right now it would not suprise him if the got beat by West Carter friday. I think its pretty obvious that this game means more to Raceland.
they tried to burn us off the fields with signs and paint
cause they knew they wernt going to burn any thing on the field
Game was closer than the score
FBALL Wrote:I was told by a friend of mine from Raceland that the team was devistated by the loss to Russell. That game was more important to them than the state champioship game. He told me with the attitude they have right now it would not suprise him if the got beat by West Carter friday. I think its pretty obvious that this game means more to Raceland.

I have been told the same thing as well, and i see them getting beat frist round of Playoffs to.
West Carter can pull it out tonight if they play hard.... And as far as close game... it should have never been that close inthe first place..... Carver scores on a play where we MISS 7 tackles.. 7 TACKLES... he never shoudl have scored on that play... The TD pass was good play and i say it again.. it was a good play.. give them 7. We throw and INT on the 5 yard line getting ready to score. then it would have been 14 -7 us inthe first. After the first half Raceland never had a first down or only had 1. Now thats a shut out.... If that would have been the result 42-7.... Hey but that is why they play the game.........
catwoman Wrote:Game was closer than the score
:lmao: good one:Clap:
Hopefully next year will be the last year we play Raceland. It's better for Russell to play a top notch team from WV or possibly pick up another southern Oh team(counting that we r already playing Ironton in 09), than play Raceland. Every team we play in the playoffs is much better than them. I believe EC beat them, correct? thats our first round game.