Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Johnson Central..Not a game thread.
This is not a game thread.

There are a few of us from the Russell area that may be planning on traveling to Paintsville to watch the JC/Belfry game because it is an off week for Russell.

Anyone on here going to the game? Will there be any tailgating and would you all welcome some of us outcast Russell fans to watch the game with you?
The game is at Belfry. Belfry always tailgate
Well crap I thought thew game was at JC. I had the privilege to meet and tailgate with some Belfry fans last year at the state semis.

I don't know if I will be able to make the trip to Belfry because I have to get up early Saturday to travel to Cincinnati.Sad
This is a must see game Midee.
Well I looked on Mapquest and it seems to only be about ~20 more miles to go on to Belfry. I guess I will have to see what I am going to do.
Midee1 Wrote:Well I looked on Mapquest and it seems to only be about ~20 more miles to go on to Belfry. I guess I will have to see what I am going to do.

Which route did it recommend?
It should have recommended US 52 East.
Old School Wrote:Which route did it recommend?

I don't recall I just know that it was about 65 miles to Paintsville and about 85 to Belfry

blackcat_student Wrote:It should have recommended US 52 East.

God I hope not. I made the trip that way last year and that road was horrid.
Midee1 Wrote:I don't recall I just know that it was about 65 miles to Paintsville and about 85 to Belfry

God I hope not. I made the trip that way last year and that road was horrid.

You may want to check another source, because I live in Johnson County and used to work near Belfry and it was at least 50 miles from Paintsville.
Besides taking 52, the only other way is 23 south to Pikeville and 119 north to Belfry. And that would be the long way. Even though 52's highway isn't fun to drive on, its still alot quicker.
This game will be the best i've seen in a long time..Can't Wait!!
52 sucks. lol
Well that may put a damper on me attending that game. I have to get up early for a tee time just outside of Cincinnati with my wife, son and his girlfriend. I don't think I could get home at midnight or later and head out again early Saturday morning.

I am not as young as I once was.
Well I did mapquest again and came up with about an 89 mile trip from my house to Belfry and about 65 from my house to Paintsville.

I guess I will have to think about whether I want to play golf half asleep.
The best way would probably be to take U.S. 23 to Rt.645, stay on 645 for about 15 miles I guess, it will come out by Sheldon Clark High School. Turn right and stay on that road (forget the rt.#) for about 6-8 miles thru Warfield, turn left towards 52, that will cross into Kermit, turn right on 52 after you cross the railroad tracks and stay on that til you get to 119 to Williamson.
I would love to go to this game,, But it would take me about 6 hours to get there from Grayson County, ( Witch is 60 Miles south of Louisville ) But have a safe trip up and back to the Russell fans
Midee1 Wrote:Well I did mapquest again and came up with about an 89 mile trip from my house to Belfry and about 65 from my house to Paintsville.

I guess I will have to think about whether I want to play golf half asleep.

Just book a flight out of Pikeville International Airport! HAHA

If you just really despise travelling on 52 there is another option, that would be to take 64 to Charleston and 119 down to Belfry. You can get to Charleston in an hour and a half from Belfry High School. It's alot of miles but it will be all 4 lane road.
Redneck Wrote:The best way would probably be to take U.S. 23 to Rt.645, stay on 645 for about 15 miles I guess, it will come out by Sheldon Clark High School. Turn right and stay on that road (forget the rt.#) for about 6-8 miles thru Warfield, turn left towards 52, that will cross into Kermit, turn right on 52 after you cross the railroad tracks and stay on that til you get to 119 to Williamson.

For soemone around these parts I definately agree... but for someone not familiar with these roads this would be a hellacious journey much worse than US 52.
52 is the easiest way and it does not take that long really.... It seems shorter than either other way.. I think I will be going down that friday and watching Big Brother play.. I think it would be good to Belfry before the playoffs.I mean until we meet them... DId I see this right ,,we will meet a week earlier this year in the Great 8..!???
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
EKUAlum05 Wrote:For soemone around these parts I definately agree... but for someone not familiar with these roads this would be a hellacious journey much worse than US 52.

Well it still is 52 from Kermit, but not really that bad of a road IMO, but then again I travel that road at least 3 days a week.
I'll be there...I can't wait !!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Any Russell fans hoping to come, you have 2 options to get here. Don't follow any other roads. Also, keep these in mind for the playoffs, IIRC, the changes this year force you all to come back here, which sucks, kinda, I want to see the exploding devil, but I want home field advantage too... any chance y'all could bring it with you? Tongue

Take 23 south.

At Louisa, either cross over into WV and take 52 to Williamson (two lane, but saves about half an hour) or stay on 23 to Pikeville.

If you turn at Louisa, just stay on 52 until it links with 119. At any big forks in the road (Naugatuck of note) just take the right. 52 is not a fun road to drive on for the uninitiated though Wink At the junction w/ 119, turn left, follow the 4 lane to KY. Once in KY, you're about 5 miles from CAM.

If you stay on 23, you'll have a 2 and a half hour drive, but it's much easier. Stay on 23 to Pikeville, and at the 119 junction turn left. You'll pass Pike Central High on your left going up the mountain. Stay on the 4 lane until you reach the construction, and be careful at this point because that's a rough exit. When you come off the mountain, turn right twice, stay on the road til you get to the other end of the construction and get back on the 4 lane. Fly right on to CAM. Be careful when you get to Belfry town though. Sure, the speed limit drops, but that first curve is a doozy if you're floating along about 60 w/ cruise control and not paying attention Wink The new school isn't in Belfry though, it's about 4 miles down the road (estimate) toward Williamson, WV.

If nothing else, hopefully we'll see y'all in the playoffs Wink
Sarrr Wrote:Any Russell fans hoping to come, you have 2 options to get here. Don't follow any other roads. Also, keep these in mind for the playoffs, IIRC, the changes this year force you all to come back here, which sucks, kinda, I want to see the exploding devil, but I want home field advantage too... any chance y'all could bring it with you? Tongue

Take 23 south.

At Louisa, either cross over into WV and take 52 to Williamson (two lane, but saves about half an hour) or stay on 23 to Pikeville.

If you turn at Louisa, just stay on 52 until it links with 119. At any big forks in the road (Naugatuck of note) just take the right. 52 is not a fun road to drive on for the uninitiated though Wink At the junction w/ 119, turn left, follow the 4 lane to KY. Once in KY, you're about 5 miles from CAM.

If you stay on 23, you'll have a 2 and a half hour drive, but it's much easier. Stay on 23 to Pikeville, and at the 119 junction turn left. You'll pass Pike Central High on your left going up the mountain. Stay on the 4 lane until you reach the construction, and be careful at this point because that's a rough exit. When you come off the mountain, turn right twice, stay on the road til you get to the other end of the construction and get back on the 4 lane. Fly right on to CAM. Be careful when you get to Belfry town though. Sure, the speed limit drops, but that first curve is a doozy if you're floating along about 60 w/ cruise control and not paying attention Wink The new school isn't in Belfry though, it's about 4 miles down the road (estimate) toward Williamson, WV.

If nothing else, hopefully we'll see y'all in the playoffs Wink

I would love to but due to my history with it I better leave it atop the scoreboard at the Hank.Big Grin
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:52 is the easiest way and it does not take that long really.... It seems shorter than either other way.. I think I will be going down that friday and watching Big Brother play.. I think it would be good to Belfry before the playoffs.I mean until we meet them... DId I see this right ,,we will meet a week earlier this year in the Great 8..!???

Nope, still state semi-finals... belfry has to travel to Somerset for the regional finals, Russell would eb going to breathitt, then in the semi's the Pirates will be hosting (assuming these teams win to get to that point).
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Nope, still state semi-finals... belfry has to travel to Somerset for the regional finals, Russell would eb going to breathitt, then in the semi's the Pirates will be hosting (assuming these teams win to get to that point).

Can't be state semi's.. Belfry and Russell are both in region 4... If they are both #1 in thier district, and win out in the playoffs, they'll meet in the regional finals..
mrfootball03 Wrote:Can't be state semi's.. Belfry and Russell are both in region 4... If they are both #1 in thier district, and win out in the playoffs, they'll meet in the regional finals..

Your wrong my friend. Belfry will more than likely play Somerset for Region Championship and Russell will more than likely play Breathitt County, and they would meet in State Semi's, and with Russell being the odd numbered district the game would more than likely be at Russell.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Can't be state semi's.. Belfry and Russell are both in region 4... If they are both #1 in thier district, and win out in the playoffs, they'll meet in the regional finals..

There are no regions that I can find this year. Everything on the KHSAA website deals with districts. Here is the link to the 3A playoff brackets.

http://www.khsaa.org/football/2007/fb3a2007.htm
blackcat_student Wrote:Your wrong my friend. Belfry will more than likely play Somerset for Region Championship and Russell will more than likely play Breathitt County, and they would meet in State Semi's, and with Russell being the odd numbered district the game would more than likely be at Russell.

The state semis are being hosted by the even district this year so assuming both Belfry and Russell make it that far Russell will have to travel to Belfry again.
Midee1 Wrote:The state semis are being hosted by the even district this year so assuming both Belfry and Russell make it that far Russell will have to travel to Belfry again.

Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner Big Grin

Belfry's potential path:
HOME vs. #4 Magoffin
HOME vs. #2 Sheldon Clark
AWAY @ #1 Somerset
HOME vs. #1 Russell/ #1 Breathitt/#2 Mason County
STATE CHAMPIONSHIP vs. Lou. Central/Russelville/Tilghman

Russell's potential path
HOME vs. #4 East Carter
HOME vs. #2 Mason County
AWAY @ #1 Breathitt
AWAY @ #1 Belfry/#2 Sheldon Clark (not sure about Somerset, but I think the Devils would be on the road)
STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Wanna really steam some Devil? If I am not mistaken Belfry is in line to host the state semi's AGAIN next year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner Big Grin

Belfry's potential path:
HOME vs. #4 Magoffin
HOME vs. #2 Sheldon Clark
AWAY @ #1 Somerset
HOME vs. #1 Russell/ #1 Breathitt/#2 Mason County
STATE CHAMPIONSHIP vs. Lou. Central/Russelville/Tilghman

Russell's potential path
HOME vs. #4 East Carter
HOME vs. #2 Mason County
AWAY @ #1 Breathitt
AWAY @ #1 Belfry/#2 Sheldon Clark (not sure about Somerset, but I think the Devils would be on the road)
STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Wanna really steam some Devil? If I am not mistaken Belfry is in line to host the state semi's AGAIN next year.

You are correct. Providing Belfry makes it that far next year as well. Belfry is wanting to get a bunch of use out of the CAM aren't they?Big Grin