Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 56 Pike Central 25
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Belfry!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This game was a little tight early but Belfry's best defenders were sidelines with injuries. The Bucs took care of business in the second half. Congrats Pirates.
I gotta say... i was a bit worried at first. But we came out lookin decent. Don't know why 57 was pulled from noseguard tho,he was dominating that center and gaurd pure POWER!!
footballfanatic Wrote:I gotta say... i was a bit worried at first. But we came out lookin decent. Don't know why 57 was pulled from noseguard tho,he was dominating that center and gaurd pure POWER!!

I agree ..
Great job by all the team, Stay focused!!!!
Congrats Pirates...
So did Pike Central score on Belfry's starting D? If so I think that is the first time this year they have been scored on!
Gratz but it will be a better game next week
So was Belfry's starting D scored on?
Football Frenzy Wrote:So did Pike Central score on Belfry's starting D? If so I think that is the first time this year they have been scored on!

Yes, they actually scored 13 on the Belfry Varsity D. Belfry played very flat for the second straight week.

An interesting sidenote, even with the 13 points allowed tonight, Belfry's starting defense has single handidly outscored their opposition through 7 games 16-13. The Pirates recorded a safety earleir in the year, they have also scored TD's on a fumble recovery and an INT return.

Ivan Lee was an absoulte monster tonight on both sides of the ball. Well over 200 yards rushing on 10-15 carries, numerous pass breakups, a sack, and an 85 yard INT return for a TD.
Keep it going Belfry. Bring it to the Mountains Baby!!!!
Congrats Belfry
Congrats Pirates
Okay, heres the story about this game..

I think Belfry sorta overlooked the Hawks tonight & didn't expect PCC to execute as well as they did. The offense came out flat and took time to get things going. I have to commend Chris McNamee for his job with the Hawks. Hes taking them in the right direction. Central is improving from where they used to be. Also, Belfry were without thier linebackers Charlie Dotson & Dustin May. But I also think being without Dustin does kind of helps Belfry out for the future, and gets the team used to not depending on him all the time & to prepare for when hes gone. Ivan Lee put together an excellent game tonight. That kid can flat out play. Good Luck to both teams as the seasons wind down & the playoffs begin.
Ivan Lee can not be stopped, he is a monster... Belfry played flat the first half, whatever was said to them at halftime fired them up for a little while, then they kinda started playing a little sloppy again, they will be back to full force against Sheldon Clark...
Congrats Pirates.
Belfry looked like 2 different teams last night. The first half they played pretty flat, no fire in them at all. The second half they came out and played like the Belfry team we know. Seems like there were a lot of missed tackles and that is something that needs taken care of.

I think Pike Central is a better team than their record shows. Good luck the rest of the season...
Congrats to Belfry
Congrats Pirates! Looks like Belfry may have overlooked the Hawks.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:So was Belfry's starting D scored on?

No, I would not say that Belfrys starting D was scored on considering some were on sideline with injuries. Yes, they did score on last nights starters, but not the usual starters.
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:No, I would not say that Belfrys starting D was scored on considering some were on sideline with injuries. Yes, they did score on last nights starters, but not the usual starters.

But that is part of the game. You can carry that kind of stuff to the extreme if you want to.

They scored 13 on the starting D, and congratulations to them for it.
Congrats Belfry!
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:No, I would not say that Belfrys starting D was scored on considering some were on sideline with injuries. Yes, they did score on last nights starters, but not the usual starters.

I had a feeling this was going to be said, and I have to say think what you want, but their starting D was scored on. Twice. sure they had two players sitting out but football is still a team sport. and if I remember correctly the two who were out wouldn't have been the deciding factor in the tds anyway.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Pike central has one of the best athletes in eastern kentucky in the merchant boy is play wr on qb this year
Buc-a-roo Wrote:But that is part of the game. You can carry that kind of stuff to the extreme if you want to.

They scored 13 on the starting D, and congratulations to them for it.

oh i agree and Im not taking anything to the extreme lol BUT what I was going by is if everyone is comparing with the previous games (and they do) due to the fact that this brought up EVERY week.....the orginal starting D that P-ville, Corbin ect ect ect didnt score on...neither did PC. And all but one of those boys will be back. Wasn't putting PC down at all they gave us a heck of a game in the first half. :Thumbs:
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I had a feeling this was going to be said, and I have to say think what you want, but their starting D was scored on. Twice. sure they had two players sitting out but football is still a team sport. and if I remember correctly the two who were out wouldn't have been the deciding factor in the tds anyway.

Just gave my opinion a few secs ago and as I said not a big deal although some would like to make it a big deal and its just an opinion, I answered a question that was asked. Looks like if its not the opinion some wanted to hear then its wrong BUT I was just saying "my opinion" IF your comparing to the same starters who have not been scored on in the weeks past, the team that Corbin, P-ville ect didnt score on then......
RedSeal Wrote:Pike central has one of the best athletes in eastern kentucky in the merchant boy is play wr on qb this year

I heard a few people bragging on him last night
I am surprised at this score as well! I was seeing Belfry something like 56-6. Good win though and great effort Hawks! Best of luck the rest of the way!
Thomas Varney was on the sideline and he could have been the deciding factor on the 2 tds. Thats not to say he would have made the tackles but he does play free safety on the defense team and has been starting there. He had a knee injury Friday night