Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT IS THE WORST FOOTBALL FIELD TO PLAY ON ???
Southwestern also has Burmuda grass. 8)

Posted Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:35 am:

Southwestern also has Burmuda grass. 8)
phsplyr17 Wrote:i have never played on this field before, but from the looks of it, East Ridge's field isn't in the best condition. It looks pretty rocky from the stands.
It really isnt rocky... it jsut looks that way. But the worst Field is by far Hurley. I know it is out of state, but MY GOD. all it was was an old field carved right out of the side of the mountain..... everyone of us at one point or another got stingers due to the rocks at the field. the grass wasnt even GRASS, it was all weeds.
And Knott Central was that black, stinking, sewage mud.... plus we got attacked by hornets at half time when we were in the endzone.
If I ever see a field with sewage run off on it I would take a sample, have it anaylized at my local county health dept. Then I would take it to the Board and ask for penalty and all costs involved. :wink:
jayblackcat2006 Wrote:I remember playing at the Rock (Sheldon Clark's field) back in grade school. And I tell ya it hurt when the play was called to you, the field hurt more than the hit! lol...

I agree. The grass is gone all down the middle of the field. It really hurt to get tackled on it. Felt like a rock when you hit it literally. My elbow's went numb as a while so i was ok the second half haha
ouch
yes very ouch
lol
Fleming Neon has the worst field. when SF played them this yr they had tons of rocks,broken glass,pencils and other sharp objects after the game most of us ended up with big ol cuts on the palms of our hands from the field....
About the worst field has be Fleming Neon because it was so dusty, and I also heard that the sewer system was under neth the field. But that is just what I heard and it kinda had a funky smell to it!
Fleming Neon...

Brackett Feild wasn't that bad guys....I sort of miss seeing games there....lol
I played a few years ago and i would have to say
F Neon and Mullins were by far the worst.
Whitesburg's field was pretty rough. It had holes and rocks everywhere. Prestonsburg's and Knott County's field was nothing but mud. At Prestonsburg, the mud puddles were green.
Knott Central dont have sewage water on it you are stupied the drains by the field are to drain off rain
There wasn't really any sewage on the field but it was very muddy and the mud smelled like sewage.
caudillboy Wrote:Knott Central dont have sewage water on it you are stupied the drains by the field are to drain off rain

Ya spelled "Stupid" wrong, Bub.
I remember that Magohoffen County's field was pretty bad. It was very muddy, and by the 2nd half of our game with them you couldn't even see the players. All you could see was Fog.. Bad Fog
Yeah....Pea Soup fog.
Russell
im not sure on how good NewCath's field was before it got torn up in the big "Mud Bowl" but when we played them last year in Semi's it was awful... but like i said that was caused by the "Mud Bowl"
Personally I never like Pike Central, just never could get the feel for it. But condition wise, I would say Shelby Valley.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Evarts, Cumberland, Hazard in the playoffs, Berea, Ludlow, Jellico (TN) and McCreary Central.
t-cat50 Wrote:Russell

Agreed. We just seem to have a problem getting grass to grow. PERIOD. Here is a picture I took while we were getting the "R" laid out in the middle of the field prior to the 05 season. Notice the dead spots in the middle.
Flemming Neon has definatly got to be the worst in the state....
FLEMING NEON without a doubt
The worst one that I played on was Fleming Neon, 2nd worst was Sheldon Clark.
jenkins field it the worst field to play on, neon isnt that any better, pikeville's is okay but not as good as belfry or shelby vallleys:redboxer:
Neon defenitley wins the award for the worse field in the state..... They have dug beer bottles out from that field and the field was always muddy whether it rained or not.
Fleming Neon
Fleming neon's field now looks as good as any grass field in the state with the hard work that a couple of the middle school coaches has done! I will try to get a picture of it and show the BGR Family. Promise you that you that know all about the "DUST BOWL" will be really shocked and suprised!
the rock in martin county. cause my belfry team waste the trip there cause their so terrible
timesup Wrote:Nothin can top the old snake pit at brackett field, where south floyd use to play.
I agree.