Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 49 - Paintsville 15
Final
As a team JC rushed for around 400 yards tonight, Grim had 142 yards on 16 carries, Richardson had 98 yards on 13 carries, Dillion had 94 yards on 9 carries, a couple of freshmen came in and ran the ball well Salyers had 45 yards and Hall had around 35 yards, and I'm not sure of the passing yardage. The defense played real well, forcing 2 Paintsville to's.
congrats JC.
This game coulda been alot better and closer if Paintsville woulda had the right offensive scheme. They knew they couldn't run the ball yet they tried to all night and got nowhere. They coulda passed the ball easy on JC. AH, coulda-shoulda-woulda, JC played well and Paintsville gave up after JC went up 14-7 or whatever it was. All in all, I'm happy with this score, I, like MOST everyone else on here thought JC would beat them by ALOT more.
Redneck Wrote:This game coulda been alot better and closer if Paintsville woulda had the right offensive scheme. They knew they couldn't run the ball yet they tried to all night and got nowhere. They coulda passed the ball easy on JC. AH, coulda-shoulda-woulda, JC played well and Paintsville gave up after JC went up 14-7 or whatever it was. All in all, I'm happy with this score, I, like MOST everyone else on here thought JC would beat them by ALOT more.

I agree. I am happy as well. Thought our boys played their hearts out. Showed some grit by scoring first and doing what they could to stop a very good JC offense. Nothing to hang their heads about. Congrats to both teams on a well played injury free game. Hopefully both will represent well in their respected classes!
What happened to Bear Hunter Preston and Cody Reynolds, I seen em both on the sidelines gettin looked at by the trainer a couple different times as they came off the field.
As long as they are healthy. We have a real tough end of year schedule before the playoffs. So as long as they are healthy is all they should be concerned about. I feel that they just need to use these last games to prepare and get ready for the playoffs. Cause no matter win or loose they (except Pikeville) the rest realy don't matter. Don't get me wrong, we want to win them. But to me staying healthy is the most important thing.
Congrads to Coach Matney and Johnson Central . Looking forward to seeing you guys at CAM in the near future.
JC is a good team but I don't think they are as good as last year. Which I guess it is hard to match a State Final Four team. Matney is one of the best coaches in the state. Pure class by pulling the starters in the 3rd and letting the freshmen get some Apple Bowl time. It could've been worse if the wanted to press the issue. As for Paintsville the need to get a new offense because they are having trouble passing and running. I hope they can get it going again for the rest of the year.
Johnson Central is not as good as they were last year. They did not dominate the game like last years team did. Grimm looked like he was trying to cut back to much instead of getting through the hole and beating people. After watching both teams I would give Blfry the edge in that matchup and as the best mountain team.
This game went kinda the way I expected it to. The first couple of series both teams were getting a feel for things, and Paintsville called a great play on 3rd & 1 with the pass to go up 7-0. JC came right back and scored and it was pretty much over after that. What was up with all the onside kick efforts by both teams? Didn't make a lot of sense unless they were trying to keep the ball out of the hands of the big playmakers. Respectable score though.

JC is a good team, but they are no where near the team they were last season. The defense played good, but had some let downs like every team...but should have dominated from start to finish. If they play against a team that can pass the ball effectively then they might be in for a long night. Congrats though to JC and Paintsville both for a good, clean game!
Close to what I thought it would be.
Congrats JC..yeah this game was closer than I thought it would be..good luck to both teams..
1911 Wrote:JC is a good team but I don't think they are as good as last year. Which I guess it is hard to match a State Final Four team. Matney is one of the best coaches in the state. Pure class by pulling the starters in the 3rd and letting the freshmen get some Apple Bowl time. It could've been worse if the wanted to press the issue. As for Paintsville the need to get a new offense because they are having trouble passing and running. I hope they can get it going again for the rest of the year.

He didn't pull all the starters which is understandable, I sure wouldn't have left Nathaniel Dials in on defense the entire game. He's much too valuable to that team for Matney to leave him in there just get his stats up. And NO, this team is nowhere near better than last years team. As for Paintsville having trouble passing, they wouldn't have had they called the right routes. JC played cover 4 every time Paintsville lined up in shotgun. The DB's lined up 10 yards off the ball and started a back pedal as soon as the ball was snapped. Paintsville coulda slanted the hell outta JC lastnight. But like I said earlier, coulda-shoulda-woulda, it's over nothin we can do about it. And like IRISH4 said, when JC plays a team that can pass the ball effectively, they are in for a long night. But congrats JC on another Apple Bowl victory.
Paintsville could not run on JC ... They could have passed and got the score alot closer than what it was
Congrats JC
Congrats Johnson Central
congrats central!
The game was about what I expected, JC started pulling the strarters middle of the 3rd qtr. I noticed that P'ville had several bad snaps when in the shotgun, have they been using this formation much this year. I also heard that the 2007 Apple Bowl brought in 18 thousand dollars at the gate alone. Both schools have tough schedules the rest of the season, good luck to both.
I talked to a couple guys from JC and they said there were over 5,000 at the game. So at $5 a head, Take away the workers and you should have cleared at least $20,000. But, they'll take 18. I just didn't like that they put the tarps along the fence on the plaza end of the field. Not everyone can afford the gate and not everyone is physically able to come inside. I mean how much money would you loose there? A couple hundred tops. I know last year I sat over there due to my physical condition and not wanting to try and get up and down the bleachers against the crowd. But, I still ordered burgers and drinks from Mr. Wireman at the fence and he delivered. I also noticed quite a few older people sitting in they're vehicles watching that night. I just feel that is alittle to much trying to block the view of a public school football game.
JC is gonna have to do somethin about their pass defense. Like said earlier, and effective passin team will have no problems against them. IDK what kinda offense Louisville Central runs, but they are the #1 team in 3A and I can bet that they are alot faster then any team JC has faced this year.
Redneck Wrote:JC is gonna have to do somethin about their pass defense. Like said earlier, and effective passin team will have no problems against them. IDK what kinda offense Louisville Central runs, but they are the #1 team in 3A and I can bet that they are alot faster then any team JC has faced this year.

JC will have to come out playing on all cylinders on both sides of the ball to win this game, their pass defense has not been as consistent as it should be at this point in the season, hopefully they will be prepared when Friday night rolls around.
OffTheHook Wrote:I talked to a couple guys from JC and they said there were over 5,000 at the game. So at $5 a head, Take away the workers and you should have cleared at least $20,000. But, they'll take 18. I just didn't like that they put the tarps along the fence on the plaza end of the field. Not everyone can afford the gate and not everyone is physically able to come inside. I mean how much money would you loose there? A couple hundred tops. I know last year I sat over there due to my physical condition and not wanting to try and get up and down the bleachers against the crowd. But, I still ordered burgers and drinks from Mr. Wireman at the fence and he delivered. I also noticed quite a few older people sitting in they're vehicles watching that night. I just feel that is alittle to much trying to block the view of a public school football game.

I understand what your saying, but couldn't be any worse then a high school bus being parked in the outfield of a public baseball game at a public park or parents of a home team parking long ways in parking spots so people couldn't watch a public high school baseball game.Smile Sorry...couldn't help myself.Big Grin Seriously, it goes both ways.

The tarps hurt JC fans as well. A lot of them like to sit out there as well. I did notice they were letting cars over on the visitors side at Thursdays game. Don't know how they went about parking there, but there were several cars there.
20/20 Wrote:I understand what your saying, but couldn't be any worse then a high school bus being parked in the outfield of a public baseball game at a public park or parents of a home team parking long ways in parking spots so people couldn't watch a public high school baseball game.Smile Sorry...couldn't help myself.Big Grin Seriously, it goes both ways.

The tarps hurt JC fans as well. A lot of them like to sit out there as well. I did notice they were letting cars over on the visitors side at Thursdays game. Don't know how they went about parking there, but there were several cars there.

I remember that and I agree with you. I wasn't just refering to th Tigers fans not being able to sit there though. I was refering to all fans. Cause the game that i watched there last year was a Dist. game and packed to the hilt.
OffTheHook Wrote:I remember that and I agree with you. I wasn't just refering to th Tigers fans not being able to sit there though. I was refering to all fans. Cause the game that i watched there last year was a Dist. game and packed to the hilt.

:Thumbs: Understood! The new visitor bleachers should help with more seating, but it definately can get pretty packed making it hard for the elderly or disabled to move around easily.
Those tarps are just set up for milking money from PVille fans and the elderly. If they don't do it at any other game than the Apple Bowl, it's clear cut. No evidence to argue it any other way.
Watchful Eye Wrote:Those tarps are just set up for milking money from PVille fans and the elderly. If they don't do it at any other game than the Apple Bowl, it's clear cut. No evidence to argue it any other way.

How is it milking the PVille fans when the game is set-up for a 50/50 split on the gate and there were way more JC fans than PVille fans.

As for the elderly, the new bleachers are wheelchair accessible.

I think its more than fair, if anything PVille is making out on the whole deal!
I can only remember them being placed there during the Apple Bowls. But, I don't think it is just targeted at the Pville fans. Just put there to force everyone in to watch the game. JMO though. But, I wander what would happen at either field if someone who was actually broke appraoched the ticket taker and said i have no money but I really want to see this game. I would say 9 out of 10 years they would be turned away.
Why not set up the tarp for any other game on the schedule than just the Apple Bowl?I don't remember seeing a tarp at Covington Catholic last year and that was the biggest crowd I have ever seen at Johnson Central, not to mention any high school game anywhere. If they decide to do it at any other games other than the Apple Bowl they probably could argue it was for other reasons but when the shoe fits they must wear it. And I like Central don't get me wrong, I think there football proram is finally come of age and is here to stay. The whole tarp deal is just silly because they only do it against people from their own community and county. That's the only game they do it for so they can't say it's for any other reason. Do you really think Paintsville fans want to set there and watch a mismatch such as that every single year, they might actually be turning Eagle fans away that don't have the $$$$$.
I can't remember the exact games, but I've seen the tarp up several times besides at the Apple Bowl.
Keepnitreal Wrote:How is it milking the PVille fans when the game is set-up for a 50/50 split on the gate and there were way more JC fans than PVille fans.

As for the elderly, the new bleachers are wheelchair accessible.

I think its more than fair, if anything PVille is making out on the whole deal!

If I were a PHS fan, I'd be just as upset if Central fans were sitting outside the gate, stealing money from my program by not paying for their tickets.