Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg vs. Pikeville
Prestonsburg will travel to Pikeville this upcoming friday night. Prestonsburg is coming off of there tough 38-21 loss to Beechwood and Pikeville is coming off of there 54-19 win over South Floyd. I think Prestonsburg proved to everyone in the state that there are a very good team by playing with Beechwood. Pikeville will bring there run game and so will Prestonsburg. I think it could be a toss up but since I'm a Prestonsburg fan and student I'll give my Blackcats the edge. Good Luck to both teams. Go Blackcats!

Prestonsburg- 28
Pikeville- 20
i just dont know about this one ill say somthing later one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have pburg.
P-Burg- 21
Pikeville- 26
I'll take my Blackcats.

Prestonsburg- 31
Pikeville- 21
Pikeville
pikeville by 14
Prestonsburg
Pburg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Prestonsburg - 35
Pikeville - 14
Pikeville 21
P-burg 14
This is an important game for Pikeville mentally, it allows them to see how far they have to go to match up with Beechwood.

It will be hard for Pburg to show the same emotion as the Beechwood game, but Pikeville also does not nearly have as good of a defense as the Tigers.

Pburg 35
Pikeville 20
Pburg - 24
Pikeville - 16
Pburg 2+ td.
No one on this Pikeville team has lost to Pburg in their high school careers. Pikeville will want to redeem themselves after their loss to Belfry.

Pikeville - 22
Prestonsburg - 14
Prestonsburg
Pburg
From what I understand Tim Honaker will not play and Blake Branham will start at QuaterBack. Ross McCoy at OLB.
Panther Thunder Wrote:From what I understand Tim Honaker will not play and Blake Branham will start at QuaterBack. Ross McCoy at OLB.

Whats wrong with Tim?
This should be a great game but im gonna go with Prestonsburg by 10+ in this one. I think they showed they are for real this year in the game against Beechwood that they could have easily won if it wasnt for one play turning the game around with just a few minutes to go in the 4th.
There is no shot Pikeville will beat Prestonsburg... Especially without Honaker.
Hughes and Craynon will have a blowout performance. Prestonsburg is just too big and fast for Pikeville.

Prestonsburg: 35
Pikeville: 6
i see a close one, with pburg winning by 3
Pikeville ran for 400 yards on P'burg last year and they will do it again. P'burg is still soft on the run, Beechwood's stud RB didn't play and they still ran the ball with ease.

Pikeville 35
P'burg 21

Just a question - how many years in a row has Pikeville beaten P'burg?
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville ran for 400 yards on P'burg last year and they will do it again. P'burg is still soft on the run, Beechwood's stud RB didn't play and they still ran the ball with ease.

Pikeville 35
P'burg 21

Pburg hasn't beat Pikeville since 03
Pburg 41
Pikeville 6
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville ran for 400 yards on P'burg last year and they will do it again. P'burg is still soft on the run, Beechwood's stud RB didn't play and they still ran the ball with ease.

Pikeville 35
P'burg 21

For One, that was last years defense, all of them return but three and they all have gotten stronger and faster. This years defense is much more aggressive, and Pikeville doesn't have the same strong offensive line as last years.

Two, Beechwood's backs didn't run the ball with ease. Did you see all the 2 & 8's and 3 & longs Beechwood had? There two back up backs where as good if not better than any other backfield in the mountains. The only reason why they had so many yards on the ground was because they were a threat on the ground and threw the air, so Prestonsburg couldn't rush seven they only rushed five and six. Pikeville will more than likley be without Tim Honaker, and that will take away any type of passing they had. Now the Blackcats can bring seven and eight on the rush each time against the Pikeville offense.

Three. This Prestonsburg offense put up more yards on Beechwoods defense than any of there other opponets have so far (One of those opponets was 5A Powerhouse Covington Catholic). Prestonsburg has one of the most underrated backfields in the state with Juniors #5 Seth Setser and #3 Allen Craynon. No one has stopped them all year, and I don't see Pikeville doing it either. And Prestonburg's advantage triples if Tim Honaker is out. He is the leader of the Panthers, and that will really hurt them on both sides of the ball.

Without Tim, my prediction is,

Prestonsburg- 35
Pikeville- 16

But if Tim plays its the same as before.

:devilflam

If Pikeville wins, I will eat my crow.
Beechwood's reserve RBs are not as good as Pikeville's starters, lol.
Pikeville will put up huge amounts of rushing yardage on P'burg again.
Should be a good game. I will wait to make a prediction later in the week to see how the injury situations play out.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
So Pikeville's starters are THAT good? So good that they score 7 points against Belfry? Shelby Valley scored more than that. Sounds to me like Pikeville's starters aren't as good as you indicate. Without Honaker, there is no shot Pikeville wins this game.

I say P-burg by at least 4 TD's.
BCF4L Wrote:So Pikeville's starters are THAT good? So good that they score 7 points against Belfry? Shelby Valley scored more than that. Sounds to me like Pikeville's starters aren't as good as you indicate. Without Honaker, there is no shot Pikeville wins this game.

I say P-burg by at least 4 TD's.

Smile

Pikeville's starters were good enough to rush for 400 yards against P'burg last year at P'burg. Glad everyone has lost faith in Pikeville. Can't wait until Friday.

P'burg has beaten Betsy Layne, Lawrence Co., Morgan Co., Bath Co., and Paintsville. Woweee. Only scored 28 on Paintsville, who is horrible, and everyone thinks they will come into Pikeville and win by 4TDs. Too funny.