Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Underrated & Overrated team
underrated-southfloyd

overrated-pikeville
Folks, Pikeville is not overrated. While they are not on the same level as Belfry, that does not mean they are not a strong team. I agree with a previous poster that said the Panthers would beat almost all the area teams, and will be a strong contender in class 1A. It's just that Belfry will make a lot of teams look bad.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
reddog58 Wrote:underrated-southfloyd

overrated-pikeville

South Floyd couldn't even beat Paintsville, what makes them "underrated"
underrated - ashland
Redneck Wrote:WOW... That means nothing, they could beat anyone in EKY except for 2-4 teams. They will win the district and region and will play in the state semi's, if that's overrated then I'm glad we were when I played.

thats not saying much when you look at the district and region that they play in. They will make it to the state semis and get blown out by Lex Christian or Fairview. To add on to this the combined record of their district is 10-17 not including Pikeville and the region is 29 wins and 34 losses not including Pikeville. The toughest team in their region is probley Cumberland or Hazard and both teams a realitivley weak. I really wish they would bump up a class because they would actually have some competion.
The point I was tryin to make was that Pikeville could beat just about every team in EKY, with the exception of a few. That's including all classes with teams from EKY in that class. I'm not even a Pikeville fan but I know a good team when I see one. Nobody gave Pikeville a chance to win in the Pike County Bowl except for Pikeville fans, what makes you think Lex Christian or Fairview is that much better, Belfry would have their way with either of them too.
Underrated: Hazard
Overrated: SC
Redneck Wrote:The point I was tryin to make was that Pikeville could beat just about every team in EKY, with the exception of a few. That's including all classes with teams from EKY in that class. I'm not even a Pikeville fan but I know a good team when I see one. Nobody gave Pikeville a chance to win in the Pike County Bowl except for Pikeville fans, what makes you think Lex Christian or Fairview is that much better, Belfry would have their way with either of them too.

I understand your point and I do agree that with the teams in the area that Pikeville would beat just about anyone. But I do not believe that Belfry would have their way as much with LC, Fairview maybe but not to sure on that one. Pikeville is a good team but i do believe to much praise is put on them. IMO Pike Central or Valley could give them a pretty good game it would not be easy. Central has really opened some eyes with the new offence where they struggle is against the run but that has improved since the early game against Valley. I understand where you are going with your comment I was just stating that saying they will win district and region is not a big feat for them with the lack of competiton. Nothing but respect to you Redneck.
Powell is over rated
Phelps is under rated.......................EASY FELLAS. IT'S JUST A JOKE.
Overrated: Pikeville, Rockcastle CO.

Underrated: SV, P-burg, LCC, KNOX
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I understand your point and I do agree that with the teams in the area that Pikeville would beat just about anyone. But I do not believe that Belfry would have their way as much with LC, Fairview maybe but not to sure on that one. Pikeville is a good team but i do believe to much praise is put on them. IMO Pike Central or Valley could give them a pretty good game it would not be easy. Central has really opened some eyes with the new offence where they struggle is against the run but that has improved since the early game against Valley. I understand where you are going with your comment I was just stating that saying they will win district and region is not a big feat for them with the lack of competiton. Nothing but respect to you Redneck.

I get what your sayin SlamaBamma...
Belfry would have their way with Lexington Christian and farivew. Either one would be fortunate to score. Belfry could and would beat Lex Catholic as well. I've seen both play....Lex Cath is slightly overrated...as is all of 4A football this year.
Belfry shut out Corbina nd Corbin put it on LCC on the road so yeah Belfry would have their way with LCC, just to strong up front. As far s Pikeville vs any other school in the county, not yet Pikeville is second best team in county, and i have seen them all. Pike Central and Valley is much improved but just not to that level yet.
You can compare Belfry games with Valley and Pikeville, but hereis a couple of things for one Belfry didnt have the same intensity, even Haywood admited that, when Pikeville rolls into town things are takin to a new level.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Belfry shut out Corbina nd Corbin put it on LCC on the road so yeah Belfry would have their way with LCC, just to strong up front. As far s Pikeville vs any other school in the county, not yet Pikeville is second best team in county, and i have seen them all. Pike Central and Valley is much improved but just not to that level yet.
You can compare Belfry games with Valley and Pikeville, but hereis a couple of things for one Belfry didnt have the same intensity, even Haywood admited that, when Pikeville rolls into town things are takin to a new level.
Its LCA.
FBALL Wrote:Its LCA.
I knew that I was just seeing if you did, congrats you passed the test lol.
^LMAO Nice recovery Belfry Wins...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:thats not saying much when you look at the district and region that they play in. They will make it to the state semis and get blown out by Lex Christian or Fairview. To add on to this the combined record of their district is 10-17 not including Pikeville and the region is 29 wins and 34 losses not including Pikeville. The toughest team in their region is probley Cumberland or Hazard and both teams a realitivley weak. I really wish they would bump up a class because they would actually have some competion.
I doubt that Pikeville would get blown out by LCA, And definately not Fairview if they haven't improved a lot from last year. But they may very well lose to LCA IF they make it that far but they just have to worry about it one game at a time.
FBALL Wrote:Its LCA.

NO......It's LCC..and it stands for Lexington Community CollegeSmile
warriorfootballplaya Wrote:Underrated-Er
Overrated-Pikeville

I'll agree that Pikeville is overrated now. But do you still think ER is "underrated" Smile.
over rated - P burg
under rated - Hazard
under rated - Sv
over rated - pikeville
Does any one believe that Letcher Central is underrated or overrated??
Sadly, ima have to say Overrated goes to Sheldon Clark. Alot of hype was built up with Dials being the leading rusher in state and being 7-0. But we faced 2 real teams in a row, and got slaughtered by both.
EastKySports21 Wrote:over rated - P burg
under rated - Hazard

Any reason behind that? Or are you just another Shelby Valley fan?
I think that Louisville Central is over rated. I'm not saying they are not good. I just don't think that they are the best team in 3-A as many do. I think we looked at there schedule and said if they can play that schedule they must be the best. I think they will be another Owensboro Cathlic 2005 team. Picked to take it all but is not physical enough to deal with the likes of Belfry, Russell, Ect. Ect.

I think Russell is under rated. This is why. The folks in the east know good hard nosed football is played in the east 3-A. I think that most would say the Belfry is the top by a large margin. I would. Then Breathitt, Russell, Mason County, Somerset, etc, are then kind of grouped all together at the same level. I don't think Russell can be judged by the game against Mason County. Russell was lucky to win that game. Russell made horrible mistakes that they usually don't make. Now on the other hand Mason's Head Coach stated that they played their best football. If Russell limits the mistakes and plays well they will beat Mason County by 21 points IMO. I think Russell is a notch below Belfry just as they were last year at this time. With that being said I think they are under rated IMO.
Powell is very overrated
mrfootball03 Wrote:IMHO, Prestonsburg can't really be underrated until they prove something this year. And losing 12-7 to an overrated Breathitt Co. doesn't really show me very much.

As to what I personally think:
Overrated - Breathitt Co.- I don't see this as being the #4 team in 3A.

Its amazing how much different things appear now compared to week 2, isnt it?:thatsfunn
[INDENT]
EastKySports21 Wrote:over rated - P burg
under rated - Hazard
Agree...hazard year in and year out always a great team....dont get me wrong pburg has in the past couple of years have good teams but have done nothing with it tho....
[/INDENT]
Hazard is way under rated, i think p burg was under rate 2, heck even pcc was under rated. look what a season they had. who would of figured that?