Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley VS Belfry
I would like to think that my Valley Cats are going to great this week, but they may not be able to pull off the win. My heart says Valley will win, but my gut says Belfry takes it by 3 touchdowns. GO WILDCATS!!
:lmao: lol
NEXT Wrote:Thats the reason made the comment. To outsiders people feel SV and BHS must cheat to be so good every year. No need for SV and BHS to take shots at each other because some may not beleive this but I root for SV every game they play, as long as it is not Belfry. Why? Because people like you and Doe Doe and the great respect I have for your programs and kids.
As far as I know AH is the only kid that isn't from the area BUT he attend Virgie for 2 years - nothing wrong in my opinion. I have coached against you guys for 4 years now and know you guys do not recruit. Belfry is in the same boat, yes we have kids from WVa., BUT aside from David Jones, EVERY SINGLE KID, to my knowledge the past 6-7 years, has attended a feeder school to Belfry for at least 1 year, most from the 6th grade on.

Another fact that is always overlooked is it isnt always the sports factor, these kids come for the education as well, believe me WVa schools especially in Mingo County are a far cry from Pike Co. schools.
Hmmmm

Belfry - 49
SV- 13 (both TD's on our JV/ Freshman)
Pirate4Life Wrote:Hmmmm

Belfry - 49
SV- 13 (both TD's on our JV/ Freshman)

I love when people post stuff like this, Valley was much worse two years ago and scored twice in the first quarter, but still Belfry thinks they're gods and won't allow a point to Valley.
BelfryPride Wrote:So Valley...Whats that win\loss record against Belfry?Wink

Hey, c'mon now, no need to insult the entire Shelby Valley football program. Everyone on here knows that they have never beaten Belfry, and probably won't any time soon. I don't think anyone on here was insinuating that Valley had any kind of football tradition to match that of Belfry.

I myself am very proud of the Pirates' success, as I feel it reflects well on the entire county when they do well. I hope they can win a state title again this year. But Belfry fans shouldn't feel the need to put down a team like Valley that is only trying to get better. I would hope that all the county teams (including Pikeville) could pull for the rest when they're not playing each other...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry by 3 TDs
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I love when people post stuff like this, Valley was much worse two years ago and scored twice in the first quarter, but still Belfry thinks they're gods and won't allow a point to Valley.
This is not the same Belfry team of 2 years ago...neither is Valley's. I do believe this Belfry team is better than the past couple of years.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and as of now, no team this season has scored on our starting defense. That could change after this Friday, but what does it matter? As long as we continue playing well and winning, I could care less who scores on which team.
More Cowbell Wrote:Hey, c'mon now, no need to insult the entire Shelby Valley football program. Everyone on here knows that they have never beaten Belfry, and probably won't any time soon. I don't think anyone on here was insinuating that Valley had any kind of football tradition to match that of Belfry.
I myself am very proud of the Pirates' success, as I feel it reflects well on the entire county when they do well. I hope they can win a state title again this year. But Belfry fans shouldn't feel the need to put down a team like Valley that is only trying to get better. I would hope that all the county teams (including Pikeville) could pull for the rest when they're not playing each other...

I am the biggest Pikeville fan around. I played in four games against belfry and know what this rivalry is about. I also on the other hand have the utmost respect for Belfry. I root for them every game that they aren't playing Pikeville. When other local teams play against each other it is usually a pick em for me. If they play against someone outside of our area I always hope they win. I hope this answered your question.
Hey Wildcat fans,
The dream is over....get ready for a dose of Belfry smackdown.

Belfry will roll over the Mildcats.
Running clock 2nd half in this one.
Hope no one gets hurt.
Sarrr Wrote:Hey, if Belfry comes out flat in this one like they did the past couple of seasons, then it's entirely possible that SV could win. Remember 2 years ago when SV was up by 12 with the ball in the first quarter? I sure do.

yeah, I remember and that was by far the best team SV has had since the 9-2 season. By the way, who beat them in the playoffs that year? You guessed right BELFRY! Valley will never beat Belfry. Not untill they change the hold back rule, and that isn't going to happen.:mad:
I think Belfry beat them the last game of the year. Belfry came in at 6-3 and SV at 9-0, and Belfry beat them, if Im not mistaken, 28-6. Then Valley was beaten 40-18 by Leslie County in the first round of the playoffs...Not being a smartass, but I won money off the Valley-Belfry game, lol..
Faith Wrote:yeah, I remember and that was by far the best team SV has had since the 9-2 season. By the way, who beat them in the playoffs that year? You guessed right BELFRY! Valley will never beat Belfry. Not untill they change the hold back rule, and that isn't going to happen.:mad:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I think Belfry beat them the last game of the year. Belfry came in at 6-3 and SV at 9-0, and Belfry beat them, if Im not mistaken, 28-6. Then Valley was beaten 40-18 by Leslie County in the first round of the playoffs...Not being a smartass, but I won money off the Valley-Belfry game, lol..
You are right it was Leslie that beat out SV that 9-2 year.
Quote: I love when people post stuff like this, Valley was much worse two years ago and scored twice in the first quarter, but still Belfry thinks they're gods and won't allow a point to Valley.

I deal in truth not fantasy, What I really think is Belfry could bring their JV team over to your little school and beat them by 2 touchdowns. We are not GOD's at Belfry but we are GOD like. Ask Corbin, LC and ER who Belfry is , they know.
Pirate4Life Wrote:I deal in truth not fantasy, What I really think is Belfry could bring their JV team over to your little school and beat them by 2 touchdowns. We are not GOD's at Belfry but we are GOD like. Ask Corbin, LC and ER who Belfry is , they know.
If they don't know who Belfry is, then why are they even on here posting?
Pirate4Life Wrote:I deal in truth not fantasy, What I really think is Belfry could bring their JV team over to your little school and beat them by 2 touchdowns. We are not GOD's at Belfry but we are GOD like. Ask Corbin, LC and ER who Belfry is , they know.

God-like?????

Sometimes it's even hard to be a Belfry fan when asinine posts like this are made.

Well, there you go, folks. Even the "classiest" programs have jerks.

I'm a Valley fan, but I, too, cheer for Belfry when they're not playing us. I'm proud that the state champs are from my county. But, people like you who make idiotic statements are going to change that if you're not careful. I don't know who you are, but, do yourself a favor...apologize and shut up before the Big Red Machine loses support because of a developing bad attitude.
i apologize for nothing. You push us we push back

I posted what I thought would be the Belfry / ER game final score and I was attacked saying we thought we were GOD's. It crazy to think valley would have any chance against Belfry.
If you dont like my opinion then do something about it and beat us Friday night.
Pirate4Life Wrote:We are not GOD's at Belfry but we are GOD like.

Weird, but you think anyone that is "GOD like" would be omniscient enough to understand basic grammar rules.

Would God (or even ZEUS for that matter) be dumb enough to insert an apostrophe within a plural word?

Likewise, I'm fairly sure even the Archangel Michael understands that there should be a hyphen in a compound adjective such as 'god-like.'

And for that matter, what is "god-like?" Does that mean Belfry's players are like Saturn or Apollo, but not quite up to the level of Jupiter? Are they viewed in the realm of HS football similar to the way Catholics view their SAINTS or Muslims view their MARTYRS? If so, is it safe then to say that they are compassionate like Mother Teresa off the field yet explosive on the field much like a suicide bomber?

Either way, looks like Shelby Valley will have to move earth AND heaven to beat Belfry!
Pirate4Life Wrote:We are not GOD's at Belfry but we are GOD like.

That's asinine. I seriously can't believe anybody would post this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:confused:
More Cowbell Wrote:Hey, c'mon now, no need to insult the entire Shelby Valley football program. Everyone on here knows that they have never beaten Belfry, and probably won't any time soon. I don't think anyone on here was insinuating that Valley had any kind of football tradition to match that of Belfry.

Wow, again...Pot calling the kettle blacK....

Notice the little wink icon at the end of the post...appearantly not:confused: , It means that it wasn't to be taken seriously....

You can dish out the bull$&it and claim to be joking, but when the shoe is on the other foot you get pissed....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
all-or-nothing Wrote:Well, there you go, folks. Even the "classiest" programs have jerks.

I'm a Valley fan, but I, too, cheer for Belfry when they're not playing us. I'm proud that the state champs are from my county. But, people like you who make idiotic statements are going to change that if you're not careful. I don't know who you are, but, do yourself a favor...apologize and shut up before the Big Red Machine loses support because of a developing bad attitude.

One fan does not represent the entire fanbase...every school has them, every sports program from grade school to the pros has those type fans....even your school ...suprise ! So think of your own glass house before you start throwing rocks at others
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry 55
SV 12
Pirate4Life Wrote:We are not GOD's at Belfry but we are GOD like. Ask Corbin, LC and ER who Belfry is , they know.

Russell knows who Belfry is as well. Confusedhh:

I guess my point is that even the "best" can be beaten.

Who won state last year? Not very GOD like if you ask me, God would have came out on top.
Pirate4Life Wrote:i apologize for nothing. You push us we push back

I posted what I thought would be the Belfry / ER game final score and I was attacked saying we thought we were GOD's. It crazy to think valley would have any chance against Belfry.

Who pushed? Has anyone predicted Valley to win? I think not.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Who won state last year?

Ummmmmmm That would be Mercer over Russell 15-12.Big Grin
Midee1 Wrote:Ummmmmmm That would be Mercer over Russell 15-12.Big Grin

Exactly, not the GOD like Belfry.
Now that we have proven our points about the whole God like comment.

Lets get this train back on the tracks.