Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley VS Belfry
sv may not win but as long as they get out there and play their A game then that is all that they care about.
Good luck wildcats!!!!!!!!:Wave:!!!!!!
As I've not seen SV since last year, I'm not going to pick a score. Yes, from what I've read I believe them to be a much improved team over last year. Do they have what it takes to score on the Belfry starting D? We'll see.

Regardless, I pick Belfry to win. But I'm so proud of those kids right now that I'd pick them to beat UK Tongue This isn't the slow starting Belfry of the post-Doug&Dave seasons, they come out fired up and ready to play. They were freshmen the last time they went to Louisville, and they hunger for it now.
last year they started out really good if I remember correctly but their QB got hurt and they went down hill from there i think this QB Tyler Johnson has came out so far mand lead his team in a great way and every body is underestemating the Cats in this one i mean im not saying the pirates wont win cause i think they will but i think this is a chance for the Cats to prove to every one what they have been saying that they are better but i would be stupid npt tp pick belfry in this one but by mabey 2 TD's but i think it will be closer than every body thinks i think vally will score 1 or 2 times on them as well.
I think that this game will be a better test for the Pirates. SV is a veteran team. I think tha tBelfry will win by at least 25. I have respect for the Valley, but too much Belfry defense in this one.

Unless the game is close Haywood won't leave the starters in the whole game. Valley will know after Friday night how much thier program has improved over the years.
Belfry by 4 tds
Valley 14
Belfry 13

Hell,somebody has to give them a chance.......roll CATS.....
Hey, if Belfry comes out flat in this one like they did the past couple of seasons, then it's entirely possible that SV could win. Remember 2 years ago when SV was up by 12 with the ball in the first quarter? I sure do.
More Cowbell Wrote:Valley does appear to be much improved from last year, but it still may not make much of a difference against a team like Belfry. Still, I wish them the best of luck.

yeah i remember that game like it was yesterday, it was my first defensive td against the pirates, and well if you score on a team like Belfry then you could imagine how excited i was. But that was in the past, I believe at halftime the score was Belfry 21-Sv 12, the score stayed the same in the 3rd quarter, then in the 4th it all went downhill for Valley.

But anything is possible...Good Luck to Valley and Belfry, lets just all hope for an injury free game
I'll second that! Big Grin
im going with Belfry but Valley has some potential. Valley better fill the stands because Belfry brings trails of fans with them
It will be a moral victory if Valley can score on the first-team Pirate defense.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry 40+
I heard Coach saunders has to miss practice and school for Wed and Thurs. He is supposed to have surgery for something. Word has been he has not been feeling good for a while. We hope everything is ok
BelfryPride Wrote:Well, you can't build a championship program overnight. It took Belfry over 80 years to win a State Title. Not to say that Belfry was not good..We were the Runner-ups in 1979, 1985 & 1986. But it takes alot of perseverance, pateince and teamwork to have a tradition rich and successful program.

Well I think the rest of the teams other than Belfry and Pikeville need more recruiting power and or money Cool Good luck SB at least you know the person standing next to you....No pun intended...Wink
redeye36 Wrote:Well I think the rest of the teams other than Belfry and Pikeville need more recruiting power and or money Cool Good luck SB at least you know the person standing next to you....No pun intended...Wink

Well someone has obviously never been around the Belfry program....

As for money, every team in Pike County could have the money that belfry and Pikeville has... when you fill the stands every home game, and play 13-14 games a year (not just tenr egular season games) then your program gets alot of help. SV certainly can't complain about money, their stadium is porbably the nicest in the state for a school who has accomplished as little as they have on the gridiron.Wink
belfry by at least 40..at the half
I think Valley has the best chance they've ever had of beating Belfry.
redeye36 Wrote:Well I think the rest of the teams other than Belfry and Pikeville need more recruiting power and or money Cool Good luck SB at least you know the person standing next to you....No pun intended...Wink

Do I sense some jealousy from you, I know its hard not being successful, if you worried more about your team and were able to get guys to come out and play then maybe SV might have a decent team. Its a shame that schools like Shelby Valley and East Ridge dress like 30-40 players and then you have Belfry who dresses anywhere from 80-90, success breeds success, and Belfry is successful because they have a standup coach, and a community who supports their team win or lose.
its quotes like this that make me wish just for once, that Coach Haywood would REALLY show you how bad he could beat you..seriously. This year is no different than the rest of them, and Belfry will jump out to a 48-0 halftime lead, and win the game 56-12 or something like that..there's been 7 or 8 times, Belfry could have dropped an easy 80 on SV, and I'd love to see it just once. Then you Valley fans could REALLY have something to complain about..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:its quotes like this that make me wish just for once, that Coach Haywood would REALLY show you how bad he could beat you..seriously. This year is no different than the rest of them, and Belfry will jump out to a 48-0 halftime lead, and win the game 56-12 or something like that..there's been 7 or 8 times, Belfry could have dropped an easy 80 on SV, and I'd love to see it just once. Then you Valley fans could REALLY have something to complain about..

Yeah we would, and then we'd just wit till basketball season and ask where all your fans went, cause the attendance for a basketball game at Belfry is half that of football, some community support huh. This past Friday almost all the stands were filled at Valley, it'll be packed for the Belfry game, and people say there is no support for football at Valley, actually, there's a lot of support, maybe not from the school, but the community definitely does.
lol..typical Valley fan. Its not even through the second week of September and your already talking about basketball season. There's a reason for that.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Yeah we would, and then we'd just wit till basketball season and ask where all your fans went, cause the attendance for a basketball game at Belfry is half that of football, some community support huh.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol..typical Valley fan. Its not even through the second week of September and your already talking about basketball season. There's a reason for that.

I guess you could say that, but I'm not just a fan, I was a player.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Yeah we would, and then we'd just wit till basketball season and ask where all your fans went, cause the attendance for a basketball game at Belfry is half that of football, some community support huh. This past Friday almost all the stands were filled at Valley, it'll be packed for the Belfry game, and people say there is no support for football at Valley, actually, there's a lot of support, maybe not from the school, but the community definitely does.

You take a shot at Belfry for recruiting and then bring up basketball at Valley.......

Pot meet kettle
NEXT Wrote:You take a shot at Belfry for recruiting and then bring up basketball at Valley.......

Pot meet kettle

Read first before posting, I never mentioned recruiting.
NEXT Wrote:You take a shot at Belfry for recruiting and then bring up basketball at Valley.......

Pot meet kettle

I know this isn't a b'ball thread, and I mean no disrespect because we are friends NEXT, but besides Ashley Hatfield, name one Valley b'ball player who isn't homegrown. Valley gets the blame for this a lot, but I see no reason to make this comment. Every year, we hear about people who are transferring to Valley to play b'ball, but that never happens. It's just talk, and it is usually the players from other schools who start the talk because kids love the attention it brings them.

Now to the football prediction, I'll say Belfry 42--Valley 7. Valley is probably the best they have been since the Dusty Hall/Casey Newsome days, but Belfry seems to be a little better than the past couple of years as well. I think it will be a great atmosphere for a while anyway. Valley must contain the big plays in order to not get blown out. Good luck guys.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I know this isn't a b'ball thread, and I mean no disrespect because we are friends NEXT, but besides Ashley Hatfield, name one Valley b'ball player who isn't homegrown. Valley gets the blame for this a lot, but I see no reason to make this comment. Every year, we hear about people who are transferring to Valley to play b'ball, but that never happens. It's just talk, and it is usually the players from other schools who start the talk because kids love the attention it brings them.

Excellent post! Anyone who accuses Valley of recruiting at basketball isn't paying attention. They have one player there from out-of-area (Hatfield), but have lost two area players (Harmon and Bell) who are playing elswhere. So by my count, they're actually down a player...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Yeah we would, and then we'd just wit till basketball season and ask where all your fans went, cause the attendance for a basketball game at Belfry is half that of football, some community support huh. This past Friday almost all the stands were filled at Valley, it'll be packed for the Belfry game, and people say there is no support for football at Valley, actually, there's a lot of support, maybe not from the school, but the community definitely does.
Why would you so much disrespect for a football thread by even mentioning basketball. This is football season and what a couple of communities like Pikeville and Belfry live for. Your guys thing is obviously basketball so maybe you just go ahead and drop the football team since all you concentrate on during football season is basketball. I'll take my favorite Pike Co. brother, Belfry, by at least 3-4 TD's.
So Valley...Whats that win\loss record against Belfry?Wink

On a side note...Warning to all posters !!

If there is one more accusation of recruiting in this thread or any other thread, that poster will be suspended or banned for posting information that is false or misleading.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is NOT a Basketball thread....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I know this isn't a b'ball thread, and I mean no disrespect because we are friends NEXT, but besides Ashley Hatfield, name one Valley b'ball player who isn't homegrown. Valley gets the blame for this a lot, but I see no reason to make this comment. Every year, we hear about people who are transferring to Valley to play b'ball, but that never happens. It's just talk, and it is usually the players from other schools who start the talk because kids love the attention it brings them.

Now to the football prediction, I'll say Belfry 42--Valley 7. Valley is probably the best they have been since the Dusty Hall/Casey Newsome days, but Belfry seems to be a little better than the past couple of years as well. I think it will be a great atmosphere for a while anyway. Valley must contain the big plays in order to not get blown out. Good luck guys.

Thats the reason made the comment. To outsiders people feel SV and BHS must cheat to be so good every year. No need for SV and BHS to take shots at each other because some may not beleive this but I root for SV every game they play, as long as it is not Belfry. Why? Because people like you and Doe Doe and the great respect I have for your programs and kids.
As far as I know AH is the only kid that isn't from the area BUT he attend Virgie for 2 years - nothing wrong in my opinion. I have coached against you guys for 4 years now and know you guys do not recruit. Belfry is in the same boat, yes we have kids from WVa., BUT aside from David Jones, EVERY SINGLE KID, to my knowledge the past 6-7 years, has attended a feeder school to Belfry for at least 1 year, most from the 6th grade on.