Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 38 - Bath Co. 7
Final.
Congrats P-Burg
Good physical game from both teams. Allen Craynon and Seth Setser had good games tonight. Setser got shooken early but came out in the 3rd and went off on both sides of the ball. Clay Jamerson hit his first field goal tonight, it was a 31 yarder. Congrats Blackcats and Good Luck on the rest of the season Bath County.
Tough game, physical on both sides. Bath wasnt a pushover team at all. they came in ready to play. 1st half for the cats was a little slow but coach derosset got em in the fieldhouse and got the ready for the 2nd half and the cats came out and was buzzin to the ball on D.
Congrats Blackcats!!!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
congrats Pburg!
Prestonsburg played a great football team and you can tell they were prepared for whatever Bath co. had to throw at them. I will say, however, that was the dirtiest and worst officiated game I have ever seen or been apart of. Numerous players from P-Burg had no business being in the game after some of the stuff they did but the White hat (who happens to be on the Floyd Co. schools payroll... different story) turned a blind eye. I'm not taking anything from P-Burg though. These two teams will probably meet again in the playoffs.
I am thinking that Bath/ Shelby Valley will be an excellent matchup for that 2 seed.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I am thinking that Bath/ Shelby Valley will be an excellent matchup for that 2 seed.

It will be a real good game.
Big Congrats to the Blackcats! They are playing very good ball. Was shocked at the numbers that they have out this year!
congrats p burg
Pburg is playin some good ball rite now..Congrats on the W!!
Congrats Prestonsburg...Good game.
Congrats Cats
Good game Blackcats
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:Prestonsburg played a great football team and you can tell they were prepared for whatever Bath co. had to throw at them. I will say, however, that was the dirtiest and worst officiated game I have ever seen or been apart of. Numerous players from P-Burg had no business being in the game after some of the stuff they did but the White hat (who happens to be on the Floyd Co. schools payroll... different story) turned a blind eye. I'm not taking anything from P-Burg though. These two teams will probably meet again in the playoffs.

Don't blame the loss on the refs. The refs didn't score the TDs the players did and as far as I could see our players didn't do anything but play football.
Congrats PBURG
Allen Craynon 108 yards 2 tds
Seth Setser 125 yards 2 tds
blackcat_36 Wrote:Don't blame the loss on the refs. The refs didn't score the TDs the players did and as far as I could see our players didn't do anything but play football.

I think I said the refs didn't lose the ball game for the refs. It's hard to lose a game by 31 points and blame the refs. I'm blaming the refs for letting that game get out of hand on both sides. There should've been ejections on both teams but the refs let the players go and something worse then a few punches in a pile was about to happen. That's when you blame the refs. The refs are supposed to endorse good sportsmanship not kicking people while they're down or late hits.
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:I think I said the refs didn't lose the ball game for the refs. It's hard to lose a game by 31 points and blame the refs. I'm blaming the refs for letting that game get out of hand on both sides. There should've been ejections on both teams but the refs let the players go and something worse then a few punches in a pile was about to happen. That's when you blame the refs. The refs are supposed to endorse good sportsmanship not kicking people while they're down or late hits.
I thought the dirtiest play of the game was when Craynon broke loose for about a 25 yard run and a Bath Co player pulled him down by the face mask and made no effort to takle him at all, and then he got up and celebtrated. They called a face mask penalty but that kid should have been ejected.
You could not see that the running back #3 had the Bath Co. defender by his face mask for at least 3 to 5 yards? :confused:
Truthbeknown Wrote:You could not see that the running back #3 had the Bath Co. defender by his face mask for at least 3 to 5 yards? :confused:
Thats called a stiff arm, anyone who knows anything about football could tell that. He didnt grab the mask either, he had his hand in his face. But it doesnt really matter. Reguardless of how bad the Bath fans thought the refs were it didnt have anything to do with the outcome of the game. If these teams meet again in the post season the results will be the same.
Games over guys. No need to discuss it anymore.
blackcat_student Wrote:Games over guys. No need to discuss it anymore.
Yeah its over but Bath will be making another trip to Pburg in the playoffs and I just want to let them know they will get drilled again.
I was at the game, and I think the next game will be even better. I think bath wasnt used to all the extracurriculur activities after the plays and all the smack talking, so next time they will not worry about that but just play football. Cant wait till the playoffs!!!
footballdaddy10 Wrote:I was at the game, and I think the next game will be even better. I think bath wasnt used to all the extracurriculur activities after the plays and all the smack talking, so next time they will not worry about that but just play football. Cant wait till the playoffs!!!
I think these teams will meet again for the District final as long as Bath takes care of business against Shelby Valley and I think they are too athletic for Valley.