Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most underrated players in the 14th
Daniel Kinser of powell county is one of the best in the region, he will prove himself to be one of the top shooters around...
puckett from jenkins after his showing in the district last year he might get more attention but still he doesnt get his props
wildcatman Wrote:puckett from jenkins after his showing in the district last year he might get more attention but still he doesnt get his props

Without a doubt! Puckett is the most underated player in the region.
ill have to agree with you guys...his team eric grimm doesnt get alot of respect either
Nice to see someone from Jenkins getting some notice.
He is the most overall unrated player in the 14th region. But among people who keep up with that distrct or area know exactly how good he is. He especially showed up in the district last year.
I'd have to say Gay at Buckhorn. He's rated pretty high but isn't as hyped as some players that he's better than imo. Puckett also falls into the same catagory.
Moe Wrote:I'd have to say Gay at Buckhorn. He's rated pretty high but isn't as hyped as some players that he's better than imo. Puckett also falls into the same catagory.

I would agree with Puckett. I think he is probably the best overall player in the region, but playing for Jenkins (no pun intended) doesn't help get him the recongnition he deserves. I think Gay is the most OVER rated player in the region. He is very un-cordinated and really not very ateletic.
1. Puckett--Very nice player that probably will get many looks from college scouts.
2.. Trey Short--JBS--Would average 20/10 with any other school in region. Not enough shots to go around.
3.. Andy Blank- Buckhorn--Plays with all his heart and is heart of the team.
4. Collins-JBS---He blocks or alters 20 shots a game and makes a team play a different
game.
uk96 Wrote:1. Puckett--Very nice player that probably will get many looks from college scouts.
2.. Trey Short--JBS--Would average 20/10 with any other school in region. Not enough shots to go around.
3.. Andy Blank- Buckhorn--Plays with all his heart and is heart of the team.
4. Collins-JBS---He blocks or alters 20 shots a game and makes a team play a different
game.

You're obviously a JBS fan. I would agree with one of 4 comments you just made. That would be Andy Blank. The rest of comments are all of the wall. 1. Puckett is a good 14th region player, but I doubt college coaches will be ringing his phone off the hook. 2) Trey Short could NOT average 20 and 10 on very many 14th region teams, he's not that big of a scorer. 3) You must have gotten your Collins stats from the Stepps. NO way does he alter or block 20 shots a game. Give me a break!!Rolleyes
Short at jbs i think
ok how are you going to say that puckett is not the most underrated player not only in the 14th region but in his own region he mad stepp who is the highest rated player in the 14th region look stupid in the district last year and yes i know clark made the game winning shot but thats not pucketts fault. Know way Blank is anywhere close to being close to the most overrated player and short is another good pick the kid has guts and plays hard and could put up double digit points any where else
Survivor Wrote:You're obviously a JBS fan. I would agree with one of 4 comments you just made. That would be Andy Blank. The rest of comments are all of the wall. 1. Puckett is a good 14th region player, but I doubt college coaches will be ringing his phone off the hook. 2) Trey Short could NOT average 20 and 10 on very many 14th region teams, he's not that big of a scorer. 3) You must have gotten your Collins stats from the Stepps. NO way does he alter or block 20 shots a game. Give me a break!!Rolleyes

These are just some of the kids that I think dont get the recognition that they deserve. But I will start letting you look over my post before I post them because you are apparently the only one on here with any basketball knowledge. Just My Opinion...
daniel kinser and jeremy banks of powell county are both two underated players in the 14th...they will lead powell with some big wins
I Do Beleive Puckett Ate Stepp Alive. He Is Over All A Better Player Than Stepp But Does Not Get The Credit. I Would Like To See Them Two Play 1 On 1.
Your Exactly Right.
wildcatsbaby Wrote:I Do Beleive Puckett Ate Stepp Alive. He Is Over All A Better Player Than Stepp But Does Not Get The Credit. I Would Like To See Them Two Play 1 On 1.

Are you Puckett's # 1 fan? LOL j/k ...I deff agree, he is deff one of the most underated players if not the most.
Josh Reed, Adam McIosh, and Matt Wright from Owsley are underrated
puckett-jenkins
gay-buckhorn
amburgey-knott co.
short-jbs
sassy Wrote:puckett-jenkins
gay-buckhorn
amburgey-knott co.
short-jbs

That is a good list.....
Puckett is very good and plays hard
Gay is very solid and plays hard
Amburgey is a leaper and needs more looks
Short can shoot the three or play inside
uk96 Wrote:That is a good list.....
Puckett is very good and plays hard
Gay is very solid and plays hard
Amburgey is a leaper and needs more looks
Short can shoot the three or play inside

Amen, you said it all!!!!
Blake Christopher from Estill County
Christopher from Estill.
McIntosh from Owsley.
Charles from Lee.
jason kelly is the most underated
i also like the guards at letcher central as being underated
Short is a very good shooter of the 3
He just isn't a very good maker of the 3
I think Amburgery from Knott...Blank from Buckhorn...Collins, Short and Hall from JBS...as far as Puckett...I think everyone knows now how good he is..he almost beat JBS last year in district by himself...
Josh Drake and Josh Reed
Banks and Blair from LCC, Wilder Jenkins, Cox and Collins because both are in Stepps (both) shadow.
i agree with you......i think that Banks and BLair are very good players for LCC.......and i believe that Cox is the best over all basketball player on JBS...Clark Stepp plays no D!!!!!
Blair and Banks will show what two years of battling will do for them.

Collins is an assest that is largely overlooked by even the most avid fans because of his lack of scoring, but his defense, rebounding, and passing ability make him underrated.