Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 07
PureRedDevil Wrote:A lot of changes will probably be made to both sides of the ball..
on O i think jones will more than likely see the running back spot and AJ will more than likely see the QB spot. IMO i think that would be a great move.. if anyone saw the maroon and white game last night, jones got a shot at HB and showed his stuff will a simple run.. looked great..
on D jones at linebacker would be a good move too, DE is a tough spot but i think we have ppl to fill that in if jones moves to LB. To say who would fill the DE spot.. i couldnt tell you.. but i think we have the tallent to do so.
Our lineup will change a lot..
the question is can Aj actually take a good shot b/c with our offense your gonna get pouned ab every play, can he do it?
Reddevil07 Wrote:the question is can Aj actually take a good shot b/c with our offense your gonna get pouned ab every play, can he do it?

not really
Reddevil07 Wrote:I've heard something about taking Jones and putting him at lb with boyd and moving mickey to end...that might not be too bad

whod u hear this from??
Reddevil07 Wrote:the question is can Aj actually take a good shot b/c with our offense your gonna get pouned ab every play, can he do it?

Can he do it? Yes...
Will he? It depends on if he steps it up.. he has gotten a lot stronger since last year. and if he wants it bad enough he will give it everything he has.
IMO i think he can do it..
We will see more of him at QB at the scimmage on sat...
RedDevilRB dont be so negative.... thats not how devils do things:devilflam
PureRedDevil Wrote:Can he do it? Yes...
Will he? It depends on if he steps it up.. he has gotten a lot stronger since last year. and if he wants it bad enough he will give it everything he has.

i think aj can do it...i think jones is more suited for the bootleg, but i tihink aj has the better ball of the two....
also i thkin the move of jones to hb and aj to qb will improve our back field on so many levels

defenses will key on jones play after play and then bam there goes drew abrams or david baliey:rockon:
russelldevils54 Wrote:i think aj can do it...i think jones is more suited for the bootleg, but i tihink aj has the better ball of the two....
also i thkin the move of jones to hb and aj to qb will improve our back field on so many levels

defenses will key on jones play after play and then bam there goes drew abrams or david baliey:rockon:

You are right.. jones is def. more suited for the bootleg.. but hes one of the best bootlegs around here.. so its hard to compare..
aj does have a wonderful ball....
i once saw him stand on the opposite side of his yard (40+ yds) and say .. i bet you i can hit that stop sign over there.. of course i said yeah right.. but sure enough he nailed it haha (its happend more than once) :Clap:

but yeah.. jones at HB will make our backfield a lot stonger..
It seems to me like AJ has great poise in the pocket and just looks natural back there behind the center, Gabbard had that too but looked outta place when he was flushed outta the pocket.
Jones on the other hand is an outstanding back. He proved that was his position his Sophmore season. He can play QB but he's better suited for the RB spot.

Ashland has been going through the same personnel issues for the last 2 seasons.
Finding the best fit for great playmakers is a tough job. I'd rather have that problem than no playmakers though. I'm sure Coach McGlone will get it all worked out before the Greenup game. We could see alot of AJ depending on the offensive set. We will for sure see lots of him on defense.

I have a couple of questions for RedDevilRB.

Is Evan Boyd filling Josh Wills' shoes on offense(G) and defense(LB)? If not who is the middle LB?

Who is calling the Defense on the field for Coach Morris?
DevilsWin Wrote:It seems to me like AJ has great poise in the pocket and just looks natural back there behind the center, Gabbard had that too but looked outta place when he was flushed outta the pocket.
Jones on the other hand is an outstanding back. He proved that was his position his Sophmore season. He can play QB but he's better suited for the RB spot.

Ashland has been going through the same personnel issues for the last 2 seasons.
Finding the best fit for great playmakers is a tough job. I'd rather have that problem than no playmakers though. I'm sure Coach McGlone will get it all worked out before the Greenup game. We could see alot of AJ depending on the offensive set. We will for sure see lots of him on defense.

I have a couple of questions for RedDevilRB.

Is Evan Boyd filling Josh Wills' shoes on offense(G) and defense(LB)? If not who is the middle LB?

Who is calling the Defense on the field for Coach Morris?

Well i can andrew those questoins..

Filling the shoes of Josh Wills' woudl be crazy lol.. he was outstanding.. but he has been pulling guard at practice and playing LB on D.. but Jones and Adam Foster have also been put in at the LB stop to see how they do.. and i must say.. they look solid there.. the russell line up is really undecided right now..

and Coach Morris will be calling the defence like always.. there is no one like him around.. he is probably the smartest man i have ever seen when it comes to Defence :Thumbs:
PureRedDevil Wrote:Well i can andrew those questoins..

Filling the shoes of Josh Wills' woudl be crazy lol.. he was outstanding.. but he has been pulling guard at practice and playing LB on D.. but Jones and Adam Foster have also been put in at the LB stop to see how they do.. and i must say.. they look solid there.. the russell line up is really undecided right now..

and Coach Morris will be calling the defence like always.. there is no one like him around.. he is probably the smartest man i have ever seen when it comes to Defence :Thumbs:
I meant is he filling the position. I know it would be hard to fill those shoes figuratively. But don't count on EB to be a let down at that position. He's been 1 year behind Josh Wills at those positions since he was 8 years old and this year he'll get his due. Of course Coach Morris will be calling the defense, but who is the D captain receiving the calls on the field?
DevilsWin Wrote:I meant is he filling the position. I know it would be hard to fill those shoes figuratively. But don't count on EB to be a let down at that position. He's been 1 year behind Josh Wills at those positions since he was 8 years old and this year he'll get his due. Of course Coach Morris will be calling the defense, but who is the D captain receiving the calls on the field?

jones will prolly be calling the defense calls out
Yeah.. it will more than likely be jones..
Here's a video I made last night from the last 3 seasons.

yes jones is for sure the play caller on defense no doubt about it.
I say you will see a mix of players in the backfield this year, and moved all around, your main lineup will be jones-QB, Bailey and Abrams at HB, with bates at FB. I think at times you will see aj come in and jones move to HB, Will Rice will get some FB time. So expect to see alot of players in there, but those first 4 will be 80% of the time, barring any injuries. Jones moving to Lb would be an awesome move, playing him at end, limits him to one side of the field, and teams can adjust their offense, to run away form him, if he gives them too much trouble, at LB that cant happen.
EkyLb Wrote:I say you will see a mix of players in the backfield this year, and moved all around, your main lineup will be jones-QB, Bailey and Abrams at HB, with bates at FB. I think at times you will see aj come in and jones move to HB, Will Rice will get some FB time. So expect to see alot of players in there, but those first 4 will be 80% of the time, barring any injuries. Jones moving to Lb would be an awesome move, playing him at end, limits him to one side of the field, and teams can adjust their offense, to run away form him, if he gives them too much trouble, at LB that cant happen.

Some bad news.. we watched some film today and bates didnt do so hot on there.. coaches we not happy at all..
Moved AJ to half back:confused: and Abrams to full back..
I doesnt make sense to me.. but im sure coaches got somethin in mind..

Aj-OB
Abrams or Bailey- HB
Jones-HB
Rice - FB ...... that would seem the best IMO
how do you think the younger kids are looking?
PureRedDevil Wrote:Some bad news.. we watched some film today and bates didnt do so hot on there.. coaches we not happy at all..
Moved AJ to half back:confused: and Abrams to full back..
I doesnt make sense to me.. but im sure coaches got somethin in mind..

Aj-OB
Abrams or Bailey- HB
Jones-HB
Rice - FB ...... that would seem the best IMO

I thought AJ Cordle looked good at the HB spot. He made some nice cuts, has good speed and is a good reciever out of the backfield. He gives the coaches alot of options.

Abrams at FB may be the place for him Quick hitters and cutbacks allowing him to use his strength and quickness.

I still see Will Rice getting some carries too. It really is a deep backfield. Just have to find the right place to put all of the pieces.
russell Wrote:how do you think the younger kids are looking?
I thought the younger kids looked OK. Need more reps in the offense and need to shore up the tackling a bit.
so Will Rice is looking good? any others?
i heard today they put Aj at the hb spot, took bates out, and put drew at FB,I think thats a good move, now if they will just swap aj and jones, i dont think AJ has it physically to play that half back, he runs sweeps good, but whats he weigh 150lbs? I dont see him running the 26's,24's, or dives, let alone blocking down on linebackers and DE's, hes more of a natural QB, Plus I would like to see what jones could do running with some blockers out there. Instead of those naked bootlegs
DevilsWin Wrote:Here's a video I made last night from the last 3 seasons.

Nice video.
EkyLb Wrote:i heard today they put Aj at the hb spot, took bates out, and put drew at FB,I think thats a good move, now if they will just swap aj and jones, i dont think AJ has it physically to play that half back, he runs sweeps good, but whats he weigh 150lbs? I dont see him running the 26's,24's, or dives, let alone blocking down on linebackers and DE's, hes more of a natural QB, Plus I would like to see what jones could do running with some blockers out there. Instead of those naked bootlegs

Aj could run the 26's and 24's but yeah your right jones would do a lot better..
jones needs to find holes and cut .. he likes to run ppl over.. which is wonderful in some situations.. but in others its better to looks right or left and run away from the defence
jones is a bull but ur right it would be better if he ran away from the defense some
PureRedDevil Wrote:Aj could run the 26's and 24's but yeah your right jones would do a lot better..
jones needs to find holes and cut .. he likes to run ppl over.. which is wonderful in some situations.. but in others its better to looks right or left and run away from the defence

i dont think jones will have much succsess running over people with that new rule were you cant lower your head....he had like 2 penalties last night
PureRedDevil Wrote:Can he do it? Yes...

I second that! Championships are won by TEAM. You pick your team mate up, not tear them down. Even if that person is awarded your spot.

I remember on one occasion years ago, a running back was giving HIMSELF too much credit for his success. So the entire offensive line got together and on the 1st snap from center at the next game they all just stepped away from their blocks. Needless to say the RB was swarmed. He came back to the huddle and apologized to his linemen.

So Keep encouraging each other.
RedDevilRB Wrote:i dont think jones will have much succsess running over people with that new rule were you cant lower your head....he had like 2 penalties last night

Can someone explain that rule for me? Cause' it sounds like a very subjective rule
Russelldad Wrote:Can someone explain that rule for me? Cause' it sounds like a very subjective rule

if you lower your head they call it spearing and its a 15 yard penalty each time
It's alwayse been a rule they just havent really been enforcing it hardcore until this year we can clearly see that flags are going to be thrown like crazy now. and reddevilrb what are you talking about jones will still be effective running the ball just cause he cant lower his head he will be stunnting haha chyeah
I wouldn't want to be in the way of jones.. head up or down..
RedDevil_TE Wrote:It's alwayse been a rule they just havent really been enforcing it hardcore until this year we can clearly see that flags are going to be thrown like crazy now. and reddevilrb what are you talking about jones will still be effective running the ball just cause he cant lower his head he will be stunnting haha chyeah

no doubt he will be effective...just most of the ppl he runs over...he has his head down