Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry or Pike Central
Who's better?
belfry
How many girls did Belfry lose Central just lost 3 seniors central still has alot of good players
central losing ratliff is enough for them to fall down in the region.
I think they will be o.k., yes ratliff is a great loss, but I think they will still be a good team.
I believe Central can make that up...
Ratliff is awesome..
but they have lowe and kp stepin up.
yes , they have lowe and kp but they also have smurf who is really good and beth blackburn,and about 3or4 more who played alot last year, IMO they will have a great team this yr.
They will have a great team but Belfry will be to. Belfry has dominated since this region has had volleyball and look for it to be no different IMO.
should be an exciting season, I agree both teams will be good.
Pike Central will be good, but still no comparison to Belfry. I have to agree with Belfry Wins, Belfry has always dominated this sport and will continue to do so this year.
well, we will have to wait and see, Alot of people thought Belfry's girls would be going to state in basketball but they didn't so things have away of changing sometimes , both teams are really good so I would say whoever wants it more will win.
Yep I agree.
Some advice...
Bring your A game.
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:well, we will have to wait and see, Alot of people thought Belfry's girls would be going to state in basketball but they didn't so things have away of changing sometimes , both teams are really good so I would say whoever wants it more will win.
nobody is sayin Central isn't no good but they were the favorites in Basketballa nd that is like comparing apples and oranges.
I will say Central has to actualy beat Belfry and advance on to have the rights to brag, Belfry has earned that.
And as far as who wants it the most, when any kind of game is played especialy tournament, it all comes down to skills because everybody wants it.
Don't know how Pike Central will do this year, No Haley Ratliff and I just heard that Kayla Lowe was thinking of playing soccer instead of volleyball.
Belfry.
It will def. be different.
Sorry to piss anyone off,
But Belfry WILL not go to state.
I will be suprised if they make it to the semi-finals of region.
Seriously, people need to realize that Belfry is not "dominating" this year.
Thacker is an awesome player for Belfry, but thats only 1 girl.
They are going to have a very upseting season.
Upsetting! You bet. Have you taken a look at Belfry's record yet. The only ones that are probably upset are the teams that Belfry has played! They have a young team but don't let that fool you!
If you look for experience, Pike Central has the advantage. Kayla is impresssive at the net and has learned to block and stay out of the net. Last season, she had several net violations. As for Belfry, 1-Senior, 1-Junior, 2-Sophmores, 2-Freshmen makes for a young team. But they look impressive. A lot has to be said about the talent of the team, especially Amy McCoy and Alexis Howard (Freshman). My question: Is Coach Mounts trying to build a dynasty for the future by spreading his eperience, thereby loosing only a limited number of players each season? Good Luck to both teams and looking forward to seeing GREAT volleyball when they play.
Correction, Skull-N-Cross bones. I know of one team that wasn't upset after playing belfry.
They gave them their first lost of the season.
storm209 Wrote:Correction, Skull-N-Cross bones. I know of one team that wasn't upset after playing belfry.
They gave them their first lost of the season.
Yeah and lost to them two more times haha. BTW Belfry had three girls missing who plays a lot.
Belfry is alot better than PCC.
PCC was very upseting for me this year.
I expected them to be alot better.
BUT Belfry needs to be looking out for Jonhson Central and Allen Central in the Regional tournament.
Fan1 Wrote:Belfry is alot better than PCC.
PCC was very upseting for me this year.
I expected them to be alot better.
BUT Belfry needs to be looking out for Jonhson Central and Allen Central in the Regional tournament.
Belfry is still young too, and beat Allen Central two games (not matches) and lost one to them at Letcher. Both are looking good but Belfry had three players who are in their rotation out. They will be a lot better by seasons end than they are right now. JC is looking good to, but I think Belfry will be the odds on favorite by season in, never count out PCC with Lowe.
Both teams are extremely talented. Yes Belfry has always had the talent, and they have a great record. But Pike Central keeps improving every year. They always have a strong team. Good luck to all teams!!
Belfry beat them at Pike Central I think it was 25-18 and 25-14
I must say ,Belfry played agreat game, They have a really good team this year, I am a Central fan , but I will tell you I don't know what is going on on that team. I have been to everyone of their games and they just aren't playing that well as of late, I don't understand a lot of the coaches choices she makes, it seems to me that they are some girls on freshman and j.v. who aren't being playing on the varsity that would really help out the team but she puts 2or 3 on there that everyone can see that is not as good , so I don't get it, I have been following volleyball for about 5yrs now and as far as I can see I just don;t understand some of her choices. they have alot of talent just some of them are over looked for only a few.IMO
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:I must say ,Belfry played agreat game, They have a really good team this year, I am a Central fan , but I will tell you I don't know what is going on on that team. I have been to everyone of their games and they just aren't playing that well as of late, I don't understand a lot of the coaches choices she makes, it seems to me that they are some girls on freshman and j.v. who aren't being playing on the varsity that would really help out the team but she puts 2or 3 on there that everyone can see that is not as good , so I don't get it, I have been following volleyball for about 5yrs now and as far as I can see I just don;t understand some of her choices. they have alot of talent just some of them are over looked for only a few.IMO

You never know why a coach plays certain players...probably practice related. Her program has improved since she has taken over. Region runner-up finish last season.
Belfry played without a starting setter against them Tuesday.
I say Belfry
Belfy is <b>GOOD</b>
Central could be as good!
Allen Central's JV had to go to the Varsity tournament in Ashland this past weekend and beat Belfry's Varsity (25-23, 25-21, 15-5)
Who won the Ashland tournament?