Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Airport
What is this that I read about Pikeville's Airport becoming a commercial airport? Anyone have any info on this or links?

Thanks
Here's the link Beef:

http://www.news-expressky.com/articles/2...01pick.txt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks CE....

So it seems to be far off in the future. Personally I don't see something like this happening. Just not enough need IMO.
Beef Wrote:Thanks CE....

So it seems to be far off in the future. Personally I don't see something like this happening. Just not enough need IMO.

Apparently, some PC officials think it's feasible. I personally would love to see it happen. It would open the mountains to more economic opportunities. I don't see Pikeville being a huge hub for passengers, but the airport could benefit from a business/commercial standpoint. I think I read that they were hoping Delta jumps onboard because of the Greater Cincinnati Airport, which Pikeville would be used as a hub.
I would see the opening a mall in Pikeville if they open an airport, this would only make sense, they've always said Pikeville didn't have a need for a mall, well now you can't say that, with a commercial airport, so much more business would be brought to a mall, and I see this happening.
Also, with the commercial airport, I see all of the land behind the airport being industrialized because it will be easier for companies to ship things in and out. There is so much land up there and a great opportunity to bring hundreds if not thousands of jobs to the area.
this will bring a lot of jobs to Pikeville i hope it goes in.
Beef Wrote:Also, with the commercial airport, I see all of the land behind the airport being industrialized because it will be easier for companies to ship things in and out. There is so much land up there and a great opportunity to bring hundreds if not thousands of jobs to the area.

I think that if industry can penatrate the area and set up some really good businesses our area will have the best case scenerio for our economy. A commerical airport bringing in new companies and businesses and turning perviously unused land into plants or factories to support more jobs and economic flow for the area. If this plays out then it would make this situation that much more exciting.
Beef Wrote:Also, with the commercial airport, I see all of the land behind the airport being industrialized because it will be easier for companies to ship things in and out. There is so much land up there and a great opportunity to bring hundreds if not thousands of jobs to the area.

One can only hope!!! Wink
Would be nice.
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:I think that if industry can penatrate the area and set up some really good businesses our area will have the best case scenerio for our economy. A commerical airport bringing in new companies and businesses and turning perviously unused land into plants or factories to support more jobs and economic flow for the area. If this plays out then it would make this situation that much more exciting.
Well, with the talk of both the Coal-Liquidation Plant and the possibility of a Bio-Fuels Plant, things seem to be working in the right direction for Pike County.
Everyone don't get so excited and up beat about this. The county wants it yes but the final decision will be made by the FFA. The FFA looks at the population of an area over the next 10 years and bases their final view by that plus other contributing factors. It will be up to them if we get it and with jobs decreasing in the area and unemployment increasing the brightness of this continues to dim. Too many people are moving to Lexington and Louisville IMO for this to happen. To add to that if the FFA does approve of this then we must find an airline who is willing to fuel a plane to fly to Pike County to pick up passangers on more than likely a 20 passenger plane to fly them to either Lexington or Charelston for a connecting flight. While I belive this would be great for this area and would allow traveling a much easier and less expenicive course for us. I just do not see the FFA putting much thought into their conclusion which is more than likely going to be NO.
Beef Wrote:Well, with the talk of both the Coal-Liquidation Plant and the possibility of a Bio-Fuels Plant, things seem to be working in the right direction for Pike County.

Wow. I have not read anything about those. Do you have a link?

Thanks!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I just do not see the FFA putting much thought into their conclusion which is more than likely going to be NO.
The FFA is already putting alot of thought, and money, into this.
They are currently conducting a feasibility study.
Not only is this about passenger aircraft but also a Fedex or UPS type regional distribution hub.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:The FFA is already putting alot of thought, and money, into this.
They are currently conducting a feasibility study.
Not only is this about passenger aircraft but also a Fedex or UPS type regional distribution hub.

well happy to hear that Fox...what do u think will happen i always respect your opinon do u think this will happen...if so i think it will do great for the simple fact so many people around this area tend to travel often...