Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern KY
What about Meathouse in Pike County or Fat Boy Road in Floyd?
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
The Guru Wrote:How about Froghonery in Johnson Co.?
Or Banjo....pronounced Banjer!

FROGHONERY!!!!!!!!! Well seeing that when I first looked at that Ithought it said Froghorny so I guess Froghonery is a lil better than that but still I have not heard of that one before!
Have you heard of Muddy Gut?
yeah, and thats Beefhide with a silent H :Thumbs:
Scotty_doesn't_know Wrote:WOW! That is pretty cool. I could probably add a few myself. Big Grin Has anyone mentioned the area of eastern Ky. named Beefhide?
There is also a "dick's knob" in Pike Co. That has to classify as something. Smile

And yes, those are absolutely true. Great, great stuff I must say.
Yeah they are all so true. Except u left out one thing. When u mentioned that all the festivals around eastern ky are named after fruits or vegetables with the exception of Hillbilly Days in Pike Co., Magoffin has Founders Day. Which is the sorriest festival of all. Actually I dont like any of them, and in all honesty, none of what u posted applies to me, maybe some of my family members on my mom and dads side, but not me in particular. I have been trying to get out of this place forever, just havent been able to. Yeah there are some things I like about it, but not many. Its too country and redneck for me. The only good thing about Ky itself are the UK Wildcats basketball team. Ive loved the team since I have been here in the state, and if I ever move away, they will still be my team.
Also, before I forget, one more great thing about east ky is the 201 speedway. I am there every weekend. Thats actually the only thing worth spending my time doing, besides watching UK.
I have lived in several states but I lived my first 18 years in eastern ky and then went away to college. I have to say things may be a little slower and I for one was ready to get out but I will tell you that there is nothing like "goin' home". I am proud to say where I am from when anyone asks. All of those things that were written were some what true some were completely true but only those of us that live it can laugh. One other thing that we all have is PRIDE in our area and our culture and that is one more thing that I love about Eastern KY. Remember the movie "Next of Kin"?
BCF4L Wrote:There is also a "dick's knob" in Pike Co. That has to classify as something. Smile

Wonder if it's close to Snatch Creek? :eek:
LOL...what about Chloe Road in Pike county that people pronounce "Cloy Road".
cig107 Wrote:LOL...what about Chloe Road in Pike county that people pronounce "Cloy Road".

i'm so guilty of that. lol.
get this,
Pike Co. once had a Stinking Branch and now it's Sunshine Lane.
BC75 Wrote:What about Meathouse in Pike County or Fat Boy Road in Floyd?

I live about 10 minutes from Meathouse.
cig107 Wrote:LOL...what about Chloe Road in Pike county that people pronounce "Cloy Road".
I grew up on upper "Cloy" LOL!
One thing you forgot. Dont you remeber how the kids are taught to count in our schools?
Its 1,2, Dale Earnhardt,4,5,6...........LOL! The truth of the matter is Ive heard some folks get on here say that they couldnt wait to leave and I can sympithize cause I did too. I moved to Ohio when I was 21 and it was cool for about a month then I spent the next 7 years trying to get back home. Thank GOD i finally got to. This place has its quirks but every place does and as far as people go this place is the best. We may be gun totin,backer chewin,NASCAR watchin rednecks but we will bend over backerds to help someone in need. LOL!!!!
SportsFan80 Wrote:Yeah they are all so true. Except u left out one thing. When u mentioned that all the festivals around eastern ky are named after fruits or vegetables with the exception of Hillbilly Days in Pike Co., Magoffin has Founders Day. Which is the sorriest festival of all. Actually I dont like any of them, and in all honesty, none of what u posted applies to me, maybe some of my family members on my mom and dads side, but not me in particular. I have been trying to get out of this place forever, just havent been able to. Yeah there are some things I like about it, but not many. Its too country and redneck for me. The only good thing about Ky itself are the UK Wildcats basketball team. Ive loved the team since I have been here in the state, and if I ever move away, they will still be my team.

Then so be it leave! I love this place and I never will leave! Pike County is heaven on earth to me!