Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5/16 - American Idol - Goodbye....
Goodbye Melinda.

And to all you who said Blake wouldn't make the finals............:dontthink....told you so.

I called this one: Blake and Jordin in the finals!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i think blake should been gone long time ago
I have proof on this board that I called it as well. It wouldn't surprise me to see a repeat of last year's finals with the kinda goofy guy beating the young girl that the producers obviously want to win. Of course that's assuming a fair vote count next week.
I have said from the first night if Jordin does not win, the whole thing is fixed. She is talented, powerful, and has natural pitch. What else could America want?
I have a question about Idol.
Ryan always says a "record # of votes" and usually tells how many votes BUT how about showing the actual vote counts??? With accounting by an independant entity.

It's all controlled by Simon and the producers.
I admit I picked it wrong.
Even if they showed a vote count, what keeps them from just making up those numbers too?

I'm not sure that I believe the show is fixed because they haven't always gotten the "producer" favorite, so to say.

Season 2 came down to Reuben and Clay. Clay has been much more successful and popular. Season 3 winner was Fantasia Barrino......who remembers her?

Season 4 - Carrie Underwood, huge success

Season 5 - Taylor Hicks, more fun but not attractive as Katherine McPhee

If you watch reruns from season 1, you will realize that the singers were not as good as they are now, they are really pressing harder for talent now.

It does kind of seem like maybe the 2nd and 3rd seasons were fixed....but they may not have been and they have produced the worst winners so far. So I guess it's possible that after seasons like those they have decided to fix the results...to an extent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Even if they showed a vote count, what keeps them from just making up those numbers too?

So I guess it's possible that after seasons like those they have decided to fix the results...to an extent.

Sure, they could always "fix" the outcome but at least an independant accounting firm and showing the numbers would make it more believable than just Ryan (the midget) reading a cue card.
I guess they haven't ever shown the results have they?Confusedhh:

The finals should all be about ratings anyways, which contestants will get the most viewers.

It's never about who wins, but who makes the best CD....aka whoever has the best songwriters writing for them.

Throughout the history of the show, those that have done the best afterwards have been the ones singing pop music.

Reuben Studdard did more soul music and Fantasia...again I completely forgot she existed. And has anyone seen Taylor Hicks lately? Sure he was different, but he doesn't sing generic pop music so he'll never do that well.

The best contestants have been the ones who have done pop and or country music. Which is why Melinda would have never made it after the show. She's too much a Whitney Houston wannabe to sell records.

This shows biggest seller will probably be Blake because he is different. If Jordin wins, she will most likely be another "Kelly Clarkson"-type artist.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I have a question about Idol.
Ryan always says a "record # of votes" and usually tells how many votes BUT how about showing the actual vote counts??? With accounting by an independant entity.

It's all controlled by Simon and the producers.

They are having "record numbers" of phone calls while the show's ratings continue to drop. I believe I read on Drudge yesterday that the Idol ratings have fallen 8% over the past 3 weeks. Also, "House" had better ratings than AI did this week...

http://www.tvweek.com/news.cms?newsId=12067

Of course, the phone's are ringing at higher rates because there are those trying to fix the vote with those computer programs that constantly call the idol numbers of the contestants...

Anyway...I am shocked that Melinda didn't get in. It's the second consecutive year that the best singer missed out on the finale (Chris Daughtry last year). She was by far the more recognizable voice and most professional. However, she's not unique in terms of style like Blake and she's not mother-approved Disney Channel material like Jordin.

Jordin wins...Total package and more mother-approved than Kix cereal.
Of course the ratings have dropped...Sanjaya did leave after all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Of course the ratings have dropped...Sanjaya did leave after all.

Smile You're right...
lol
I saw Sanjaya on Nickelodeon the other day

how funny is that??? He got slimed.
jammin' jamey Wrote:They are having "record numbers" of phone calls while the show's ratings continue to drop. I believe I read on Drudge yesterday that the Idol ratings have fallen 8% over the past 3 weeks. Also, "House" had better ratings than AI did this week...

http://www.tvweek.com/news.cms?newsId=12067

Of course, the phone's are ringing at higher rates because there are those trying to fix the vote with those computer programs that constantly call the idol numbers of the contestants...

Anyway...I am shocked that Melinda didn't get in. It's the second consecutive year that the best singer missed out on the finale (Chris Daughtry last year). She was by far the more recognizable voice and most professional. However, she's not unique in terms of style like Blake and she's not mother-approved Disney Channel material like Jordin.

Jordin wins...Total package and more mother-approved than Kix cereal.

Chris didn't even make it to the Top 3 last year did he.
No, top 4 I think.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GO BLAKE! I am glad that Melinda is gone because as SImon stated..She acts like everything is just so surprising. Well guess what..TATA!!