Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3pt line and Shot Clock
I would like to see the 3pt line moved back in high school and a shot clock put in. At least 45 sec.
I think that would be a good idea especially for those players that want to go to the next level.......It would put the pressure on the Coaches to have to COACH and the REFS to get retrained.
Should be like college, move the line back and add a 35 clock. Some teams kill the tempo of the game by holding the ball for 20+ seconds, girls teams especially. this would be a good idea.
Yea i agree but most teams would have to install a new shot clock system in their gym so therfore they should give them some time to do that and bring the shot clock into effect the 08-09 season. They should try the line movement and see if it works this year.
happyface Wrote:I would like to see the 3pt line moved back in high school and a shot clock put in. At least 45 sec.
a shot clock is a great idea i have said high school needs one.
The shot clock at 45 secs is long over due. But the line, I feel is fine for the High School level.
The 3pt. line is fine, and the shot clock is definately needed. Nothing more boring than watching a team play keep away for the final 5 minutes of a tightly contested game.
The only negative I could see is that the less talented teams would have a tougher time winning because you would need someone who could create their own shot. In the mountains you see to many players rely on the three and at the next level they need to be able to create.
Shot clock would ruin high school basketball IMO.
why do you say that
I would love to see a 35 second shot clock, and also the clock stopped after every made basket and dead ball inside the final minute of the game
Agree with baseballking on this one.
It would definitely prepare our kids for the college game a lil more.
No way
happyface Wrote:I would like to see the 3pt line moved back in high school and a shot clock put in. At least 45 sec.

i agree because a lot of games have been decided by no shot clock holding the ball
Why not Raven boy
I agree with happyface.....Our kids need to prepare for the next level