Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central Softball
I think JC needs a new coach! These girls are so talented year in and year out but just don't respond to Coach McCool. It seems to me (and according to my son who attends JC) that many of the girls wish they hadn't played this year because the internal problems the team has faced this season. For example not long ago a team meeting was called by the players due to the lack of playing time some of the more talented but younger kids were getting. It's a complete mess right now @ JC and this could be the worst shape the program has been in since it started. This is just my opinion so go ahead and bash me for it but I feel if this were a boys program in the same shape the coach would be let go. I think it's time the softball team @ JC gets the same respect as the other sports do. Big Grin
If I am not mistaken, This is a very young team. Where most of the team are Sohp. and below. Just be patient. These girls should be a force the next two seasons for sure.
There are 5 seniors and 1 junior on the team. The rest are underclassmen. It is a really young team, but there is still some amniosity between them....but it isn't as bad as stated.
It WAS that bad. I don't think it is anymore after the meeting but it was pretty bad. I still think reguardless of the age this team could do so much more with the right coach. I'm in no way saying Coach McCool is not the right person for the job but IMO she needs either better assistants or a better understanding of the game because her decisions have cost JC some games they should have won.
If it is ok now, then why bring anything up. It sounds like the girls are ok with everything. So, isn't that all that matters.
jc is a very good team.coach mccool is also a top notch fastpitch coach.like lawrence county they play a very demanding schedule.as far as internal strife goes that can come from a number of reasons which may or may not have anything to do with the coach.at lc players know they have a role in the overall sucess of the team.the younger players that made the 15 player varsity squad are well aware that their hustle in jv games and practice is what got them on the varsity bench.they each understand what their role is and are always taught to be ready to play if called on.you will see jc go deep in the regional tournament this year as no top tier team is dominant.
Ah well end of discussion for me Smile She the coach and I'll support her but I was just lettin off a little steam because I know what these girls are capable of and I don't feel they are being pushed enough.
OffTheHook Wrote:If I am not mistaken, This is a very young team. Where most of the team are Sohp. and below. Just be patient. These girls should be a force the next two seasons for sure.

LC is a young team as well....1 senior...4-5 jrs and the rest are sophs, freshman and 8th graders....they do work well together and their coaches keep them motivated and keep them informed about their roles.
I agree with you, I think that this is the most together team that I have seen in Lawrence County. It is good to see programs grow.