Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Players in the 14th for 07-08
fly on the wall Wrote:How can you be so dense? Clark Stepp is a great player, but he did not get to the sweet 16 all by his self. And you only played one game [can't brag about that one] There is NOBODY who could break that team up if the other players were given a little credit and the ball sometimes.
How can you be so dense? The quote said "they", not "he." And "they" wouldn't have been playing one game if "they" hadn't won the 14th region, now would "they?" And the only people not giving the other players credit are all the people on here who would love nothing more than that team to fall apart.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Collins is a quality kid but as a Bball player he is just tall and thati s his best asset. He will not get any touches next year anyway. The Stepp show will be in full force next year. The Crusaders season will be a full blown press release on the greatness of one Clark ( I am the best player in the state ) Stepp.
Short will have the same problem.
Zach Gay will bee premier big man, with Travis Smith coming in second. I like the Cox kid from JBS to be the POY in the region( if given the oppurtunity) or if he pays somewhere else he will be the best in the region.

I personally know all the ball players that attend JBS and all of them are awsome kids to be around , but the problem with the team is no team ball and none of the talent there will be recongnized because of the stepps. This hurts the children more then anything.
Cox
King Wrote:This has nothing to do with people in the community breaking apart JBS. Cuz as far as that goes JBS Coaching Staff has done that to theirselves. The coaches making Clark stand out above the rest is killing that team... Clark is a good player, but he looks that much better with help from Collins, Short, Brent Hall, and with an outstanding player like Tate Cox helping them actually win. Clark gets his average so he can "look good" and Tate and the gang scraps up enough points to help JBS go to State. I don't want to see JBS fall apart cuz i love seeing the underdog win Region. However, I would like to watch the game of basketball be played how it was meant to be played. Your best 5 players against the other teams best 5!!! That is great that college coaches come to see Clark as long as they are notified bout the other talent too. You can't just go bragging bout the best player in the state when you have an all-star lineup as well to mention. From a coaching perspective, a coach should be more proud to see all of his players have a basketball career at the next level instead of just one, excuse me two Stepps. The COACHES should care more bout their entire team instead of their nephews, and there prolly would NOT be any talk of Tate leaving that school! :ChairHit: :closed:
Excuse me, I haven't seen the coaches score one point for Clark, make one rebound for him, or get one assist for him. And generally, I think college coaches come to see the "seniors" on the team, and then get looks at the underclassmen for the future. And the media is interested in stories about Clark because they know his Uncle was Mr. Kentucky Basketball. And, when I've read articles about the team, the coaches have bragged on all their players. And, I know they would love to see all of their players play in college, as I'm sure several more of them will. They care about every player. It's hard for me to understand what's the big deal about a player who's the older, upperclassman on the team getting more attention than those who are younger. Isn't that that the way it usually is? The younger boys will have their day. And the only talk of Tate leaving has come from people who really don't know what they're talking about and would love to see this team fall apart.
Extra Strength Wrote:How can you be so dense? The quote said "they", not "he." And "they" wouldn't have been playing one game if "they" hadn't won the 14th region, now would "they?" And the only people not giving the other players credit are all the people on here who would love nothing more than that team to fall apart.
Oh beg your pardon ALL KNOWING ONE. I don't care how many times you go to state tournament, if you can't win a game when you get there. And you can't win if you don't play team ball.
fly on the wall Wrote:Oh beg your pardon ALL KNOWING ONE. I don't care how many times you go to state tournament, if you can't win a game when you get there. And you can't win if you don't play team ball.
Oh, well excuse me GENIUS. You ain't going to the state tournament if you don't win the region; eight other teams didn't win a game when they got to state, and a total of 15 lost at the state tournament. So whatever, I guess that means only one team in the state plays team ball.
Extra Strength Wrote:Oh, well excuse me GENIUS. You ain't going to the state tournament if you don't win the region; eight other teams didn't win a game when they got to state, and a total of 15 lost at the state tournament. So whatever, I guess that means only one team in the state plays team ball.
other teams won a game, and 4 won 2 games. and so on. Who cares wether or not THEY played team ball. They may have had one man who could do it all.
fly on the wall Wrote:other teams won a game, and 4 won 2 games. and so on. Who cares wether or not THEY played team ball. They may have had one man who could do it all.
JBS doesn't have that!
Extra Strength Wrote:Yes, Congrats to Justin; he is very deserving of the honor. That's not the same poll I was talking about, though. The poll I was talking about was the WYMT Coaches Poll, which polls coaches in all the WYMT viewing area, not just coaches in the 14th region. Clark Stepp won that poll. And the argument for me is not who won or didn't win--I agree with whoever the coaches vote for in whatever poll. The argument was that WYMT "lied" about the way he was chosen, in other words, that WYMT engages in unethical practices.

Surely you don't believe that the coaches in the wymt viewing area voted stepp 1st when hicks recieved 6 first place votes for all state team and stepp only recieved 1(wonder which coach that was) or do you believe that stepp recieved votes from the 13th and 15th region coaches for a wymt poll when only one 14th region coach voted for him (wonder who) for poy. Hicks had 9 votes there, so don't try to convince me that the 13th and 14th region coaches didn't vote Hicks just for a wymt poll. Milam recieves the money from leadership u to pay for sports overtime and that is just the plain facts.

Back to the topic: Puckett in 2007-2008
Puckett
fly on the wall Wrote:other teams won a game, and 4 won 2 games. and so on. Who cares wether or not THEY played team ball. They may have had one man who could do it all.
Make up your mind! "Who cares wether or not THEY played team ball." I guess you care, or at least you act like you care--well, at least about one team, which in fact you really don't care about except to see what you can stir up. But let's see, either they played team ball to get out of the region, or they have one man who carried them out (which, of course, you know JBS doesn't have), or oh, I know: Clark's Dad paid the refs that came out of the 12th region to help them win the game. Gosh, with all the money he's dishing out, he should be about broke by now!
watchinthegame Wrote:Surely you don't believe that the coaches in the wymt viewing area voted stepp 1st when hicks recieved 6 first place votes for all state team and stepp only recieved 1(wonder which coach that was) or do you believe that stepp recieved votes from the 13th and 15th region coaches for a wymt poll when only one 14th region coach voted for him (wonder who) for poy. Hicks had 9 votes there, so don't try to convince me that the 13th and 14th region coaches didn't vote Hicks just for a wymt poll. Milam recieves the money from leadership u to pay for sports overtime and that is just the plain facts.

Back to the topic: Puckett in 2007-2008
Oh, I see, Milam receives money from ALC for advertising, so he voted Clark POY. And of course, you know the facts cause you're right there in the midst of it all. So, WYMT and Sport's Overtime is just a bunch of big liars. Right?
Extra Strength Wrote:Oh, I see, Milam receives money from ALC for advertising, so he voted Clark POY. And of course, you know the facts cause you're right there in the midst of it all. So, WYMT and Sport's Overtime is just a bunch of big liars. Right?

you pretty much hit the nail on the head there cs, I couldn't have said it better myself.:Thumbs:
Extra Strength Wrote:Make up your mind! "Who cares wether or not THEY played team ball." I guess you care, or at least you act like you care--well, at least about one team, which in fact you really don't care about except to see what you can stir up. But let's see, either they played team ball to get out of the region, or they have one man who carried them out (which, of course, you know JBS doesn't have), or oh, I know: Clark's Dad paid the refs that came out of the 12th region to help them win the game. Gosh, with all the money he's dishing out, he should be about broke by now!
I don't care how the other teams got there or what they did when they got there. I was only interested in one team and I know they never play team ball. They never have played team ball. If we had one man who could carry JBS ,where was he? They got out of the region because of all the talent they had. Some not used. Not because they played team ball or had one man who could carry them. I didn't know any body paid the refs off. Thanks for spreading that around.
watchinthegame Wrote:you pretty much hit the nail on the head there cs, I couldn't have said it better myself.:Thumbs:
Oh, I guess you should know since you work for WYMT, bm--and no, that doesn't mean Brian Milam.
This is my kind of thread. JBS and team ball now thats a good one. Next year it will be worse. JBS lost two Sr. and they will not have to worry about giving them playing time.
fly on the wall Wrote:I don't care how the other teams got there or what they did when they got there. I was only interested in one team and I know they never play team ball. They never have played team ball. If we had one man who could carry JBS ,where was he? They got out of the region because of all the talent they had. Some not used. Not because they played team ball or had one man who could carry them. I didn't know any body paid the refs off. Thanks for spreading that around.
Oh, come on, where have you been? Don't you know JBS paid the refs off for every game. (Well, at least that's what I've read on this website after they'd win a game. "The only reason they won was because they payed the refs off.") I guess they didn't pay them enough during the All-A, and the District. You know what? It doesn't matter to me how JBS got to state either--but they got there, didn't they? And the way they got there is because they have a bunch of kids that play with "heart." But you, and a bunch of others like you want to get on here and try to start something because you want to cause problems for a bunch of guys that are friends, and have been playing together since they were little boys. I just was wondering --are you and your buddies from Mars, 'cause you're all green. And your spaceship's waiting to take you home. Go on, get on it.
Extra Strength Wrote:Oh, come on, where have you been? Don't you know JBS paid the refs off for every game. (Well, at least that's what I've read on this website after they'd win a game. "The only reason they won was because they payed the refs off.") I guess they didn't pay them enough during the All-A, and the District. You know what? It doesn't matter to me how JBS got to state either--but they got there, didn't they? And the way they got there is because they have a bunch of kids that play with "heart." But you, and a bunch of others like you want to get on here and try to start something because you want to cause problems for a bunch of guys that are friends, and have been playing together since they were little boys. I just was wondering --are you and your buddies from Mars, 'cause you're all green. And your spaceship's waiting to take you home. Go on, get on it.

Not all their kids have been there since they were little boys. That spaceship brought them to Pippa Passes (Stepps)
Benchwarmer Wrote:This is my kind of thread. JBS and team ball now thats a good one. Next year it will be worse. JBS lost two Sr. and they will not have to worry about giving them playing time.
Team ball, one man ball, two man ball, around my back and up your butt ball. Who cares what you think how they play ball--they win, don't they? Oh, hurry up now, little green man--your and Fly on the Wall's spaceship is waiting to take you back to Mars.
Extra Strength Wrote:Team ball, one man ball, two man ball, around my back and up your butt ball. Who cares what you think how they play ball--they win, don't they? Oh, hurry up now, little green man--your and Fly on the Wall's spaceship is waiting to take you back to Mars.

Will anybody from JBS pay my way? They are good at that.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Not all their kids have been there since they were little boys. That spaceship brought them to Pippa Passes (Stepps)
Well, let me break this to you as gently as I can--you're full of bullpoop. The Stepp kids started preschool there. Wonder what else you tell that's not true--oh--everything.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Will anybody from JBS pay my way? They are good at that.
You don't need your way paid--your one way trip home is free.
Extra Strength Wrote:Well, let me break this to you as gently as I can--you're full of bullpoop. The Stepp kids started preschool there. Wonder what else you tell that's not true--oh--everything.

I knew I was full of something, thanks. Hall Came to JBS his Fr. year. Slone came his 7th grade year. Amburgey came his 7th grade year. Roberts came his 7th grade year. Now who is not telling the truth, you.
Extra Strength Wrote:You don't need your way paid--your one way trip home is free.

That is their motto, "It's Free."
Benchwarmer Wrote:I knew I was full of something, thanks. Hall Came to JBS his Fr. year. Slone came his 7th grade year. Amburgey came his 7th grade year. Roberts came his 7th grade year. Now who is not telling the truth, you.
Maybe you need to read back over what you wrote. You said not all came there when they were little boys--refering specifically to the Stepp boys. You must be thinking with what you're full of.
Benchwarmer Wrote:That is their motto, "It's Free."
I bet it's your motto, too, isn't it?
Extra Strength Wrote:Oh, come on, where have you been? Don't you know JBS paid the refs off for every game. (Well, at least that's what I've read on this website after they'd win a game. "The only reason they won was because they payed the refs off.") I guess they didn't pay them enough during the All-A, and the District. You know what? It doesn't matter to me how JBS got to state either--but they got there, didn't they? And the way they got there is because they have a bunch of kids that play with "heart." But you, and a bunch of others like you want to get on here and try to start something because you want to cause problems for a bunch of guys that are friends, and have been playing together since they were little boys. I just was wondering --are you and your buddies from Mars, 'cause you're all green. And your spaceship's waiting to take you home. Go on, get on it.

No, you said buch of kids that have been there since they were little boys.
Extra Strength Wrote:I bet it's your motto, too, isn't it?

How did you guess that.
Benchwarmer Wrote:How did you guess that.
Cause you always used to talk about your mama needin' a job.
Jason Kelly-PCC